Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

I'll get the prices up for the Klingon outfit soon, I almost have the sash done for him to complete the outfit.

Also…I saw the prototype for the TWOK uniform today and it’s looking good but I had to make a few changes to the pattern. I should have a finished one late next week.

Wow, I guess I need to get moving on the Disruptor(i.e. set up my lathe). Kor looks very nice, if a bit"buff"...PS

Have begun gathering data for the disruptor.Unlike the Phaser(which I have a good model of)the Disruptor is requiring real work.All I can say is,Google is our friend here. Anyway, I have my "size-for-size" drawing(and getting that right was a challenge)and the details locked in, once I'd found a reliable length reference(there was some conflict).Going to be a fun one...PS

The Disruptor has seen progress...

Side view

Top view

In hand(specifically, a Buck hand)...
This went a lot faster than I expected, though in hindsight I'm not surprised. While the Phaser is very "sculptural", with subtle curves and details, the Disruptor is all flats and angles.The most complicated part(so far)has been the handle, which has some interesting tapers.The piece is various thicknesses of styrene,cut,sanded and laminated together.Once I had a good"size for size"drawing,it was just a matter of cutting and sanding(a lot of sanding!).Now I REALLY need to get my lathe set up...PS

Bump time!The good news...my lathe is now set up. The bad news...it's a wood lathe and therefore not exactly what I need to do small plastic turnings. Have to look into attachments...PS

Here is a picture of Kirk 2.0, Spock 2.0 and Bones.

8732721803_6a576d7f24_b.jpg

I also received Admiral Kirk's head from Spenser this week and it looks amazing. Once I have a uniform, I will take a picture of that as well.

Hey, those look pretty good!

Here is a picture of Kirk 2.0, Spock 2.0 and Bones.

8732721803_6a576d7f24_b.jpg

I also received Admiral Kirk's head from Spenser this week and it looks amazing. Once I have a uniform, I will take a picture of that as well.

Re: Star Trek TOS/TWOK head sculpts and uniforms

Omg I almost fell out of my chair. Spock looks amazing.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I should have a finished Kirk Uniform Monday or Tuesday to show. I may show off some of the uniform details this weekend.

Spock looks fantastic. Great work as always :clap:clap:clap
I feel myself going broke soon. How are TWOK uniforms coming along?

Re: Star Trek TOS/TWOK head sculpts and uniforms

Excellent work. I'm also deeply impressed with your paint aps(wish I could get the natural effect you achieve)...
Going to look into attachments for the lathe this weekend;a large drill head or a 3 jaw chuck would do nicely, though having to wait is allowing me to work out some issues on the last bits for the Phaser and Disruptor.
You do realize that ,at the rate you're going, you will eventually own all of us?...PS

Back