Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

I like both Kang and Koloth for Klingons but my top choice is Kor.

Make it so... I'm going to do Kang also (hey the dude was married to Barbara Eden :naughty.) but I started with Kor, here's a very rough work in progress shot...
klingonkor01wip.jpg

Looks fantastic, Spenser! Any plans to eventually do the movie era TOS crew? That might be pretty cool.

Already in the works. :) I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.

Looks fantastic, Spenser! Any plans to eventually do the movie era TOS crew? That might be pretty cool.

Here is a preview shot of TWOK Kirk. The seamstress is working out the uniform jacket now.

kirktwok01.jpg

Wow! Wrath of Khan Kirk looks phenomenal! Can't wait to see the completed figure.

Looking good, Spens. Guess I'd better get working on a Disrupter pistol to go with the Phaser(which is sculpturally finished...just need to turn the emitter and mold).More of my money in your pocket...P

Yes, I'll post pix...

Kor is looking awesome.
That movie Kirk is amazing. Is that Sculpt up for sale?

I turned four or five emitters before I got it right, I hope you fare better! :)

Looking good, Spens. Guess I'd better get working on a Disrupter pistol to go with the Phaser(which is sculpturally finished...just need to turn the emitter and mold).More of my money in your pocket...P

Yes, I'll post pix...

As promised(or threatened), some new pix...
the Phaser

The styrene armature,pre-wax

from the top...

Waxed,ready for molding.Phaser 1 is fitted to snap into place by itself(that's the theory anyway);the emitter will be a separate piece molded to avoid a parting line.
As requested.shots of the new Kirk and Spock...

Kirk 2.0 is a definite improvement over V.1,as you can see below. Spock v.2 is growing on me,though I still think he looks older(early films?)
I've put some thought into why I like Spenser's work better than Warrior's Gate.I think it comes down to digital vs. hand work.Having done both, I realized that,while digital allows the sculptor to exactly duplicate one side to the other(mirror imaging, which is handy and fine for in-organic pieces)this actually hurts "live"subjects. Living things are NEVER perfectly symmetrical;to make them so gives them an artificial look. When I was working with Free-form I would make a point of 'creating' asymmetries to give the piece a more natural look.I believe that the people doing the work these days aren't taking that step;they get one side set, mirror it and say"perfect" without realizing that 'perfect' doesn't look natural. Free hand work, you can never get a perfect match, so the piece looks more 'real'.My opinion,take it for what it's worth...PS

Liking the new Kirk and Spock as well. Would definitely like to pick those up.

Here are a few pictures including the finished Kor.

kirkspockpainted01.jpg

spockpainted.jpg

kirkkorpainted01.jpg

korstartrek02.jpg

korstartrek01.jpg

Is the Kor ready for sale? And, as was asked, is the klingon uniform going to be available as well?

That Kor is amazing!!! the entire figure looks great.

Back