Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my Battle Damaged Wrath of Khan Enterprise out of the box again the other day - considering these are toys they sure are beautiful pieces. Great detail, cool choice of sound effects and dialogue, cool lights. Just a pity you can't turn on the lights without the sounds.

I regret missing the Enterprise D though I see preorders are open for the Enterprise E. Might have to get in on that.

Whats the word on these ships by Diamond select? Are new ones still being made? How many different ones have been made up to now? Are there any ships in the line other than the various Enterprises? Sorry about the noob questions and the thread bump that doesn't bear any new news.

Took some pics to update my collection and I thought I'd post.

I really wish they had released that Wave 2 from the ST movie. I picked up a 6" older Spock recently at a Dollarstore for $2. They had plenty. Sad.

In my travels over the weekend I popped into a LCS and found the ST Dragon 1/6 for $45 each. I grabbed Data (he's the best of the three) but after some soul searching I stopped back in the next day as we were killing time prior to a wedding and picked up Picard and Worf as well. They look OK posed together (I'll see about some pics later) but I think I'll use fabric glue to make sure their stuff stays on (I don't trust the sticky stuff they come with). The price was right for these guys. Anyone know if there'll be more is this line dead?

The Dragon figures are now half off at Amazon if anyone is interested. [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Models-Star-Trek-Generation/dp/B003VQH4FY/ref=sr_1_22?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1312831586&sr=1-22"]Amazon.com: Dragon Models Star Trek: The Next Generation: Worf 1:6 Scale Action Figure: Toys & Games[/ame]

The ENTERPRISE bridge sets are really great-- and thankfully I nabbed them all a few years back on clearance (love that word when collecting ST).

You know what bothers me about this pic? They NEVER released the Mayweather piece to complete the whole bridge set.

Besides this, the Enterprise figures are some of the best figures done by AA in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Did they ever release the Borg line or the OS series with short sleeve McCoy and the Salt Vampire?

I had so many DST/AA Trek figures, most which were bought at steep discounts, and I got rid of them shortly after TNG Wave 5 was released. I wish I would've kept them now. I always hated the differing scales between the OS and TNG figures though.

The Borg line was scrapped due to lack of interest (from DST, that is) and the final wave, except for Casual Kirk was shelved as well - no McCoy w/ short sleeved tunic, no Chapel, no Rand. Oh, and no Salt Vampire. The final wave consisted of Casual Kirk, Scotty re-issue(???), and the TOS Romulan. There were two final 2-packs: Spock with Kirk in Romulan disguise and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Kirk and Spock. Kinda lackluster finish with that last one. Why is it that Star wars can proliferate endless varieties of adult collector oriented figures and items, yet Star Trek has been so poorly handled since, oh, 2000 or so? Even the successful J.J. reboot - the figures were given to Playmates and aimed at kids?? Playmates is so 15 years ago, the market has changed! Would kill for a thoughtfully handled 1/6 line of definitive figures (and Dragon wasn't it. Data was the only decent one of the bunch, the packaging was crap - don't look for more of those to be made!)
If Paramount doesn't screw up Star Trek XII, who should handle the figures?

The Borg line was scrapped due to lack of interest (from DST, that is) and the final wave, except for Casual Kirk was shelved as well - no McCoy w/ short sleeved tunic, no Chapel, no Rand. Oh, and no Salt Vampire. The final wave consisted of Casual Kirk, Scotty re-issue(???), and the TOS Romulan. There were two final 2-packs: Spock with Kirk in Romulan disguise and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Kirk and Spock. Kinda lackluster finish with that last one. Why is it that Star wars can proliferate endless varieties of adult collector oriented figures and items, yet Star Trek has been so poorly handled since, oh, 2000 or so? Even the successful J.J. reboot - the figures were given to Playmates and aimed at kids?? Playmates is so 15 years ago, the market has changed! Would kill for a thoughtfully handled 1/6 line of definitive figures (and Dragon wasn't it. Data was the only decent one of the bunch, the packaging was crap - don't look for more of those to be made!)
If Paramount doesn't screw up Star Trek XII, who should handle the figures?

Agreed. If you only buy one (and can avoid looking at the awful zipper in the back) get Data.

Here are two quick update pics.

What do you guys think of this model?

https://www.hlj.com/product/AOS08713
https://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=151103

Also anyone would know a LCS that would carry this in Toronto :p

Too bad it's smaller than the DST version which I think is better scale being along side my Bandai TOS USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A

Actually I finally received the Aoshima Enterprise D on Monday. It is absolutely beautiful in person and the lights are very-well done. It has the look of a well-made model, not a toy. It is expensive, to be sure, but I love TNG.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ARGHHHH so nice but now where can I find it locally :'( I so gots to need have this

Update:
Toys2 is getting me my very own STARSHIP!!!!!

Last edited:
By the way, Aoshima is going to be releasing more in the series. They announced an Enterprise D with a different paint job and the "All Good Things" Enterprise. (I am too lazy to post the pics)

Personally I think the "All Good Things" Enterprise is a really poor choice, since I'm not sure that version even sold well for Diamond Select. We need a Romulan Warbird, a Klingon crusier or Bird-of-Prey, a Cardassian ship or best of all, the Defiant. Even the Enterprise E would be a much better choice.

By the way, Aoshima is going to be releasing more in the series. They announced an Enterprise D with a different paint job and the "All Good Things" Enterprise. (I am too lazy to post the pics)

Personally I think the "All Good Things" Enterprise is a really poor choice, since I'm not sure that version even sold well for Diamond Select. We need a Romulan Warbird, a Klingon crusier or Bird-of-Prey, a Cardassian ship or best of all, the Defiant. Even the Enterprise E would be a much better choice.

Now that's awesome news! I bought the Ent-D from Diamond and loved it until the lights and sounds stopped working half a year later (it's not the batteries), so The Aoshima rerelease is more then welcome.

Yeah, I personally hate the AGT D version, the third nacelle and extra weapons on top of the saucer just doesn't look right and are needless additions, that said, I do love the extended portion of the neck.

This is pretty much the MO of every company that makes Star Trek ships, it's the Enterprise in NX-01, original series, refit, D, B, E, Reliant, variant paint/registration/add on, and Klingon Bird of Prey, rinse and repeat over and over again. It's just bizarre that they would release The All Good Things Ent-D that was briefly shown in two episodes, yet haven't made the much more demanded Defiant that appeared far more often in DS9 and even had an appearance in First Contact. Also, still no company has ever made the Akira!
Hell, I'm waiting for someone to make a decent Kelvin in either model or pre-assembled model form (not talking garage kits)!

The Aoshima looks nice but, that nasty screw under the saucer throws it off.

I have no idea if it does or not but, its something i noticed in pics.For some reason the white version looks better when lit i think..bah they are both great just, not almost $200 great.

I read in a review that the plugs were included just not preinstalled. Considering that the Bandai NCC-1701 was $160 locally and the NX-01 was $100+ in Asia this is something I cannot pass. AGT was cool when it popped up in the final eps but yeah not gonna bite on the model or even the white D variation for another $200 each... Defiant and E I would be in ;)
But yeah the D just carries so much history and will remain my fav
I am ready for some HT quality Star Trek characters!!!!!

Last edited:
I read in a review that the plugs were included just not preinstalled.

There are plugs for all screws except the two battery compartments (and yes you do have to install them yourself – I used putty not glue incase I ever need to change a light). I can live with that compromise between practical needs and appearance. They are on the underside.

This is pretty much the MO of every company that makes Star Trek ships,

That is sad because the modern Romulan Warbird is simply a gorgeous piece of design.

I just want a damn higher end model or toy of the Excelsior or Klingon BOP, its taking forever.

Back