Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection pics guys. I will be posting some pics of my some what hard to find Bandai Voyager lit kit soon.

DarthNeil, great collection and pics!

Here's some old ones of mine. The later DST releases I haven't had the chance to display.

I was hoping I could add some more BORG to the collective. Damn you DST!
07-14-07_2117.jpg

07-14-07_2115.jpg

07-21-07_1815.jpg

07-21-07_1757.jpg

07-21-07_1657.jpg

07-21-07_1748.jpg

great pics xenofreak...

So, those Borg (although amped up physically) are in approximately the same size as the DST STNG figs? (as the Locutus shows?)

I might have to aim to pick them up as well. Quick question-- Is that a LaForge and Work from Nemesis? (I wasn't aware of that one... I knew of the Riker/Troi two-pack)

great pics xenofreak...

So, those Borg (although amped up physically) are in approximately the same size as the DST STNG figs? (as the Locutus shows?)

I might have to aim to pick them up as well. Quick question-- Is that a LaForge and Work from Nemesis? (I wasn't aware of that one... I knew of the Riker/Troi two-pack)

The two Borg in the background are not DST and I believe are Playmates. They also made a Klingon warrior in that scale. The other Borg are Art Asylum "Borg Assimilation" There are 3 figures: Klingon, Cardassian, and Hirogen(?)

The Nemesis Laforge was a New York Comic Con exclusive a few years back. :cool: Nemesis Worf was a standard release figure as far as I remember. I could be wrong . The Data in red uniform is "Chain of Command" Data. There is also a First Contact Data that comes with 2 heads. :wacky

Edit: The Borg Assimilation are roughly in scale with the DST figs. However, the Playmates Borg figure is slightly larger.

Page five is so wrong-- especially as this seems to be my new addiction... Here are some recent additions (with more on the way)--

xenofreak, I'm definitely going to have to keep my eyes out for that Nemesis LaForge (I also had a shot at those Assimilation Borg but I wasn't able to get them-- they're definitely on my list of things to be assimilated)...

My DS9 collection grows...

I've got a Bashir in blue coming to match up with this O'Brien.

And just because I've rotated this bridge display (and almost all of the pieces were nabbed at phenomenal clearance prices) here's one last shot...

Yeah I was hoping for more to be interested in this thread. :monkey2
Your collection is looking great :D.

Thanks. I've got a few goodies that should be arriving this week:

-Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Captain's Jacket
-Locutus
-"Tapestry" Picard (mail-away)
-Lieutenant Commander Data from First Contact (limited to 1701)
-Lore
-Star Trek DS9 Bashir (blue TOS look from the Tribbles episode)
-Commander Riker with command chair (season 1)
-Commander Riker duty uniform (season 7)
-Constable Odo
-Jadzia Dax (season 6)
-Lore (another)
-Q in Starfleet uniform
-Worf in mustard duty uniform

and just because I recently watched Wrath of Khan I should be getting this week (fingers crossed):

-Admiral Kirk
-Captain Spock
-Commander Uhura
-Lieutenant Saavik
-Doctor McCoy
-Executive Officer Chekov
-Commander Sulu
-Chief Engineer Scotty
-"Genesis" Khan

Like I said-- They're my latest addiction. :monkey3

I think I'm one of the only ones who likes (read addicted to) these things. Anyway, my collection tripled in the last few days with more to come...

Wrath of Khan

DS9

STNG

STNG Sea 1 (and some Klingons)

Q chillin' and Lore being Lore...

Like I said-- I'm enjoying these... and love how the collection is growing in leaps and bounds...

I've got a ton of these figures still on cards. I didn't think anyone collected them anymore.

I've got a ton of these figures still on cards. I didn't think anyone collected them anymore.

They're too good to be left carded. Some of the sculpts are really nicely done for the scale and pricepoint (I was especially impressed with all three of the Rikers I've got-- Season 1, 7, and All Good Things Admiral Riker).

I've been buying the Art Asylum ships and without thinking I bought the new ship. Upon receiving it I realized why I hadn't gotten it sooner. It's from Playmates and is about as inferior to the Art Asylum ships as they are to the Master Replicas. But the role-play toys from Playmates are great! Love the phaser with the flippy nozzle.

Ok, so here is my Bandai 1/850 scale Voyager(prepainted with lights) you just assemble straight out of the box nothing else needed.The photon launchers and impulse engines on the nacelles light up red as well, though its hard to see in pics..also nacelles are articulated just like as seen on the show when going to warp.This is pretty rare i believe, i have only seen a few on Ebay going for about $400US.I wish Bandai still made these kits, they are way way better then Art Asylum stuff and i paid like $70 Canadian at the time i bought these(3-5 years ago).
28re90m.jpg

155jpso.jpg

2m6229v.jpg

j60ltl.jpg

2pq72wi.jpg

2wofvnk.jpg

2exprok.jpg

Last edited:
I debated getting the Bandai Enterprise D - don't think I ever saw the Voyager for sale. I'm really digging the Art Asylum ships, although they aren't up to that standard.

I debated getting the Bandai Enterprise D - don't think I ever saw the Voyager for sale. I'm really digging the Art Asylum ships, although they aren't up to that standard.

Bandai did not make a Enterprise D, I wish they did though. The AA Enterprise D looks to be their best ship yet and the up coming Enterprise B and Excelsior look great as well. Excelsior is my favorite ship design.
001excelsior.jpg

As far as i know Bandai made..
NX-01 Enterprise
U.S.S Enterprise (refit)
U.S.S Enterprise E (sovereign class)
U.S.S Enterprise A (with other ship registery decals,USS Lexington etc)
U.S.S Voyager

My favorite of the bunch
refit3.jpg

I collect anything I can find of Q. I have a 12" Judge Q, a 10" Judge Q, a little Playmates Judge Q, and the Diamond Select Q in Starfleet Captain's uniform.

That Voyager is awesome Valfar! I contemplated getting these but decided not to after my nightmare I had with putting together my fiber optic up Ent. D from AMT.

The Bandai kits any easier to put together?

I still have my AMT Defiant kit waiting for me to finish, but it has a lot of issues so I've put it off. None of the sections of the ship met up right so there's a lot of filling and sanding. Maybe I'll just wait for Art Asylum to get around to the Defiant, but they sure like to drag their feet on their ships.

That Voyager is awesome Valfar! I contemplated getting these but decided not to after my nightmare I had with putting together my fiber optic up Ent. D from AMT.

The Bandai kits any easier to put together?

I still have my AMT Defiant kit waiting for me to finish, but it has a lot of issues so I've put it off. None of the sections of the ship met up right so there's a lot of filling and sanding. Maybe I'll just wait for Art Asylum to get around to the Defiant, but they sure like to drag their feet on their ships.

Way easier and do not require painting at all, there are no fiber optics with these kits, just use blubs and the ships are molded in black plastic to help distribute light throughout the inside. I assembled most of them within an hour..all you need is side cutters and a little patience.

Way easier and do not require painting at all, there are no fiber optics with these kits, just use blubs and the ships are molded in black plastic to help distribute light throughout the inside. I assembled most of them within an hour..all you need is side cutters and a little patience.

Sorry I missed out on them then.
That Fiber Optic Enterprise required all the windows of the Ent. to be drilled with a extremely small bit hobby drill, then the bit broke and I had no other replacement at the time. They also had you embed the wires to the nacelles in the upper side of the rear "wings" and had you putty them back over and sand smooth. Terrible design.
I wish Bandai didn't stop at the 5 ships.

The ships look great... but I'm hooked on the figs and with every new arrival the collection has to be re-adjusted. The joy of collecting.

New Picards (Tapestry and Borg)...

New First Contact Data (Exc. be damned... I'm not buying these to resell... open dammit and let them breathe)

Reshuffled shelf with movie crew (missing Geordi still)

TV crew (with new Picard in chair-- and missing a Crusher)

Nice collection of villains...

and just one more view with DS9 in the background--- and I'm really a fan of all of the Riker sculpts... I didn't think that I would be--but they all turned out really good.

Anyway-- working through my new addiction. Just a klingon Worf and a TOS Bashir in medic blue (to go with my red shirted O'Brien) and I think I'm done... for now.

OMG another one!!! TDK, TS, SW and now ST TNG???? Sorry this is the sequence of my discovery :D I just picked up the U.S.S. Enterprise D and for the price its very nice!
st1x.jpg

Just found this store online maybe when I am done with my many projects I try my hands on this :)
https://thefiberopticstore.com/FOS-mainpage.htm

I just read this press release:
STAR TREK - Live Long and Prosper

With nearly 40 years of heritage in the STAR TREK franchise, Playmates will build on the excitement generated by the blockbuster STAR TREK movie directed by J.J. Abrams with an offering of new toys and collectibles based on the 2009 movie and the classic original series catalyst STAR TREK. In addition to new waves of 3.75” action figures, role play accessories and iconic vehicles two new segments will be introduced in the movie line that should appeal to both the long time fan and the younger fans alike. The STARFLEET DEFENDER line includes a full array of movie characters articulated in small-scale in dynamic animated-style action poses. Collectible iconic mini space ships from the 2009 movie include the U.S.S. Enterprise, the U.S.S. Kelvin, and the Narada. And for the first time ever, Playmates will introduce 3.75” GALAXY EDITION action figures and diorama’s based on the classic Star Trek series. These figures will be highly detailed with authentic life-like likenesses and feature over 16 points of articulation. Iconic scenes from the most popular episodes will be depicted in two-figure pack dioramas. So jump on the U.S.S. Enterprise and Live Long and Prosper with the STAR TREK products for young and older.
The best part of this is Playmates is going to do classic Trek in "Star Wars scale", and mini ships of the Enterprise, Kelvin, and Narada.
I hope the 3.75 figures look better then the movie versions.

Back