Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read this press release:

The best part of this is Playmates is going to do classic Trek in "Star Wars scale", and mini ships of the Enterprise, Kelvin, and Narada.
I hope the 3.75 figures look better then the movie versions.

This is good news!, i hope they do all TMP crew in 3.75 scale, and other TMP era characters as well.

I love ST TNG but for the life of me I can't figure out what TMP stands for:banghead

I love ST TNG but for the life of me I can't figure out what TMP stands for:banghead

TMP-The Motion Picture..from all the movies with Kirk/Spock 1-6..and technically 7 too.I think they wear the best looking uniforms from ST 2-6.

TMP-The Motion Picture..from all the movies with Kirk/Spock 1-6..and technically 7 too.I think they wear the best looking uniforms from ST 2-6.

Ahhh thanks. I would have never figured that one out myself haha. But at least I know at least what TWOK stands for. :D
*quietly retrieves unto a dark corner to google TWOK*

Actually, TMP refers JUST to the first movie for most people. From TWOK on they had the best uniforms, though, I agree. :)

Actually..."TMP-Era" is commonly used when reffering to anything from the movies with TOS crew,ships,technology etc..it is described this way all over the net.

usse.jpg

Finally had time to make another case for myself :D
Now just have to find time to build the Bandai 1701
I have to figure out what black material would be best to make a small star field for the backdrop of this :p

Awesome Geil!, I am sure you are going to love the Bandai 1701 when its done..just take your time and remember to get some clear blue Taiyama paint for the deflector dish as the first release of this kit, its just molded in clear plastic.I added you to MSN so, when ever you get on there give me a shout.

Awesome Geil!, I am sure you are going to love the Bandai 1701 when its done..just take your time and remember to get some clear blue Taiyama paint for the deflector dish as the first release of this kit, its just molded in clear plastic.I added you to MSN so, when ever you get on there give me a shout.

Already listened to your advise and bought the clear blue :D
I just gotto find a good chunk of time to build it and then swap it out for this one and hope the woman don't realize its another one :rotfl
BTW I am on MSN as we speak but did not receive any request for invite

That is a lovely way to display the D...you know, they are offering decals to put the proper windows on the neck direct from DST...you can contact their customer service for details.

And guys, I've been a Trek fan for about 20 years now, and I belong to 4-5 different trek forums. TMP is just the first movie. "Movie Era" refers to the later 5 films - II thru VI. If I hear "TMP Era" I think of the pajamas from the first movie, and I think most Trekkies would...but it's not worth arguing about, so for the sake of argument...meh, I give it up :)

Yeah Valfar pointed that out to me already and I just got hold on some US Stamps to make sure I can actually get it :)

Bird of Prey is still one of my favorite space ship designs... just so cool and agressive looking :rock

I do hope that Ent-B is not a production piece, as they have the wrong warp nacelles on this one displayed at ToyFair.Still, long wait for this to be released.

I am more impressed with how well they got the aztec patterns done on the Enterprise B/Excelsior ships.These next three ships are musts for me, well at least Excelsior and the BOP.

Back