Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Star Trek TV Series in 2017!

They look fine....for some other alien. Why the hell are they changing the design again? Is this or is this not set in the original Trek universe? (not that the Abrams Klingons should have looked any different either)

They are going w an ancient sect of klingons that do look different.

It looks decent. Don't like the look of the ship nor uniforms but story is the important thing for me.

Enterprise 2.0 with Girl power leading roles.......

Been too much of that already........guess a male captain os un cool now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To me this looks like it will be good. However it doesn't look like it will transition too smoothly into the 1966 Star Trek but does feel like a progression from the show Enterprise was. Watching the camera movements and lens flares certainly makes this look more Abrams than Roddenberry though. I was pleased to hear the classic Theme return!

Enterprise 2.0 with Girl power leading roles.......

Been too much of that already........guess a male captain os un cool now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There will be multiple ships and captains. The ship seen in the trailer is the Shenzhou, not the Discovery which is captained by Jason Isaacs' character.

Last edited:

If it aint broke don't fix it!!!! The bridge design from TOS and the movies worked, where does this fit in with that?

It seems JJ Abrams did more damage to the Trek universe than anyone could imagine after watching his two disaster movies.

If it aint broke don't fix it!!!! The bridge design from TOS and the movies worked, where does this fit in with that?

It seems JJ Abrams did more damage to the Trek universe than anyone could imagine after watching his two disaster movies.

It looks like it fits in with the Kelvin which is Prime Universe. Not that the Kelvin fits in with TOS.

well this looks so blah i can't believe it...it ties in with nothing on TOS as far as I'm concerned

I think this looks pretty cool. I'm not crazy about the uniforms, it looks like they are trying to bridge the Enterprise Maytag Delivery Man uniforms with the Kelvin universe uniforms. I prefer the color pullovers or color blocking. WTF is with the Klingons? I didn't care like the Abrams redesign and these are even worse.

Just saw the trailer for the new show The Orville...looks good and funny and all but I wonder why there was more faith in this brand new show succeeding on a network than a show like Star Trek and it's 50 year track record of success. I still don't buy CBS reason for not putting Discovery on Prime Time network television.

Just saw the trailer for the new show The Orville...looks good and funny and all but I wonder why there was more faith in this brand new show succeeding on a network than a show like Star Trek and it's 50 year track record of success. I still don't buy CBS reason for not putting Discovery on Prime Time network television.

​They just figure that all the trekkers will fork out money to see this. It's a simple money grab.

​They just figure that all the trekkers will fork out money to see this. It's a simple money grab.
Too bad but that is the truth of it isn't it? Didn't Netflix already fund the entire production cost of the new show? Every dime they make will be profit anyway so they have nothing to lose by airing on TV. Every Star Trek fan would have already watched or at least had given it a try for free. CBS has isolated this show to only previous fans with their CBS All Access scheme because only Star Trek fans would sign up to watch. They most assuredly have lost any potential NEW viewers to Star Trek that they may have gained by giving this to a much broader audience on broadcast TV.

​I used Trekkies on this very board and was told I was wrong so I went with that. :lol

Trekkie was around long before some nerd thought it sounded too nerdy and created Trekker.

Trekker sounds like a brand of...

Treksport_Sandal-M4301-hero.png

Jonathan Frakes will be directing a first season episode of Discovery. I am excited for this news.

I hope the new show is good. I always loved Star Trek since I was a kid watching reruns of the original show

Back