Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of the original series every Trek show had a clunky first season where the creative team is trying to figure out what the show wants to be...in the case of TNG it was the first 2 seasons. The foolishness that was happening in season 1 of TNG has very little to do with the excellence that came in later seasons. Same can be said for the remarkable DS9. With all of that said Discovery has the strongest first season of all of the modern Trek shows understanding that it is unbalanced and they are still figuring things out like they always do. This makes me really optimistic about the show's creative future.

Was Lorca Prime’s fate ever mentioned? Is it still possible he could turn up?

Sure is. We don't actually know what happened to Lorca Prime. IIRC, the Mirror Lorca switched places with him as his ship was destroyed. So it's PRESUMED he's dead, but not certain.

Offscreen - and they *CLAIM* this is canon, but I'm not sure if that's true anymore with the Producer turnover - he did show up in a brief mention in the books, stuck in some prison somewhere. That's pretty much all the info they gave - don't even know what KIND of prison.

I tried Orville, but it's too cheesy and unfunny for me. I know some of the "good" Star Trek is also cheesy, but there seemed to be more depth of story and emotion there. I haven't tried since season 1 though, so maybe it has improved. Not a fan of the Family Guy dude, though.

The humor has been toned down for season 2. There still is humor but the show is more serious this season. So far I liked ep. 3 & 5 the most, ep. 2 was a bit, weird for me and my least liked. Ep. 1 was a holdover from last season and probably not the best ep. to start the new season.

Sure is. We don't actually know what happened to Lorca Prime. IIRC, the Mirror Lorca switched places with him as his ship was destroyed. So it's PRESUMED he's dead, but not certain.

Offscreen - and they *CLAIM* this is canon, but I'm not sure if that's true anymore with the Producer turnover - he did show up in a brief mention in the books, stuck in some prison somewhere. That's pretty much all the info they gave - don't even know what KIND of prison.

Thanks! Chances are they'll bring him back in an end-of-season twist.

Saru, Philippa, Pike, too [emoji16]
4bb7eb32fd84cc11909240cc3c0a6e43.jpg
d857ec220f85750d2b97658bef628971.jpg
eedd03b64a4c55a53ec41381cd37951a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Wow! Nanjin that Lorca picture made my day...am I correct in guessing, however, that Discovery figures would be at least 3-4 years away or would your new production method possibly get QMX to produce and release these sooner?

Wow! Nanjin that Lorca picture made my day...am I correct in guessing, however, that Discovery figures would be at least 3-4 years away or would your new production method possibly get QMX to produce and release these sooner?
If my production plan is accepted, I can have a speedy and flexible production line that never existed in 1/6.

I believe the Trek vs Trek phenomenon does not exist with DSC.

If my production plan is accepted, I can have a speedy and flexible production line that never existed in 1/6.

Thanks for the response Nanjin...I will take any and everything from Star Trek...looking forward to Number One joining Discovery this week and can only imagine what a great job you would do on her figure!

I will never buy anything STD. I'd take The Orville figures before I would STD. :lecture

I will never buy anything STD. I'd take The Orville figures before I would STD. :lecture

Thanks for sharing...not sure if they are making Orville figures because I don't watch that show and don't post in its thread if it has one...fortunately Nanjin will have a long line of Trek fans eager to celebrate his vision and their love of Star Trek by adding these figures to their collections once they are released. Not sure of the value of sharing that you will not buy these figures with the person who has already shared how passionate he is about making them and sharing them with collectors. 1/6 figure makers sometimes have arbitrary reasons for canceling figures but I doubt a single collector's preference for figures of a science fiction comedy show over their planned Star Trek release will sway them.

Thanks for sharing...not sure if they are making Orville figures because I don't watch that show and don't post in its thread if it has one...fortunately Nanjin will have a long line of Trek fans eager to celebrate his vision and their love of Star Trek by adding these figures to their collections once they are released. Not sure of the value of sharing that you will not buy these figures with the person who has already shared how passionate he is about making them and sharing them with collectors. 1/6 figure makers sometimes have arbitrary reasons for canceling figures but I doubt a single collector's preference for figures of a science fiction comedy show over their planned Star Trek release will sway them.

There is a large portion of the Star Trek fandom that doesn't like STD, it would be as big a waste of money on STD figures as it would be the millions they wasted on the STD show, which will soon be canceled.

There is a large portion of the Star Trek fandom that doesn't like STD, it would be as big a waste of money on STD figures as it would be the millions they wasted on the STD show, which will soon be canceled.

It's already been renewed for a third season three episodes into its current season so not sure about your cancelation prediction...beyond that people are allowed to like or dislike whatever they want and should not be chastised either way. I am just not really on board with chiming in with one of the few 1/6 creators to engage on this site to tell him that something that he is sinking blood, sweat, and tears into and is obviously passionate about is a waste of time because it does not align with your personal preferences...but you do you.

I am a Trek fanatic [emoji23]

But I like DSC by itself especially the dark ingredients (I love Emperor Georgiou), AND I get to do some complicated Trek figures, like the space suit, jet packs.

I like Orville too. But I see it like a comedy TNG. Yet, if I have a chance to do orville, I am sure I will enjoy as much as doing Trek (they do have Trek feel).

It's already been renewed for a third season three episodes into its current season so not sure about your cancelation prediction...beyond that people are allowed to like or dislike whatever they want and should not be chastised either way. I am just not really on board with chiming in with one of the few 1/6 creators to engage on this site to tell him that something that he is sinking blood, sweat, and tears into and is obviously passionate about is a waste of time because it does not align with your personal preferences...but you do you.
Is ok to exprese his opinion. I think he is right too. Trek is a difficult line itself. But that doesnt mean I cant think of ways to share some DSC to this smaller groups of Trek friends. Of course, market dictates that, otherwise it will be my personal fun. Making lots of them means a lot more fun. I am always producing new Trek figures [emoji16]

I am like a junky producing the drugs that I like [emoji1] or I am a playboy, having a new girl friend every few months and they all have the physical features or appearances that I like [emoji7]

Is ok to exprese his opinion. I think he is right too. Trek is a difficult line itself. But that doesnt mean I cant think of ways to share some DSC to this smaller groups of Trek friends. Of course, market dictates that, otherwise it will be my personal fun. Making lots of them means a lot more fun. I am always producing new Trek figures [emoji16]

I am like a junky producing the drugs that I like [emoji1] or I am a playboy, having a new girl friend every few months and they all have the physical features or appearances that I like [emoji7]

I know STD has it's fans and their eager for merch. (Eaglemoss STD Starships look great btw) so if and when STD figures get made and it makes those fans happy then all the better. I'm just more than a bit salty at what has happened to Trek lately with this new direction and occasionally need to express it. I'm sure you've been having a ball producing STD prototypes and they do so far look excellent.
Patiently waiting for some WOK love here.

I am a Trek fanatic [emoji23]

But I like DSC by itself especially the dark ingredients (I love Emperor Georgiou), AND I get to do some complicated Trek figures, like the space suit, jet packs.

I like Orville too. But I see it like a comedy TNG. Yet, if I have a chance to do orville, I am sure I will enjoy as much as doing Trek (they do have Trek feel).

Dark Star Trek can be good, TNG's "Conspiracy" comes to mind, but I think they went too far with STD.
I think of the Federation/Klingon War and imagine what could have been... EPIC comes to mind. I did not like where they went. Michelle Yeoh is an incredible talent and I was eager to see what she could do in Trek, I feel they just wasted her potential with bad writing.

Back