Star Ace Toys - "The Bride" from Kill Bill Volume 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These the same guys that turned out that excrement Vince and Jules?

Why can't QT stop slobbering on a model's feet long enough to approve GOOD likenesses??

Is O-Ren in the works?

Looks like at least 2 figures will be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the sculpt needs more work, but overall, not bad. Better than the Play Toy release a few years back. I'm just glad to see stuff other than Disney licences getting released in 1/6.

When this was first announced, (Star Ace getting the license) wasn't K.A. Kim still working there? I think that's where the hope for this figure came from. Now that she's gone, Star Ace has plummeted. There is some recognition in the straight ahead shots, but other than that, it's meh. SA lost a great talent with Kim. Her 1st year Hermione is fantastic. Without her, SA is just, there. I'll by the sword when it gets parted out. I do like that they got the shoe tread right.

Honestly...I like it. I may eat those words when final product hits but for now, I want it. I think this proto is good, not perfect but definitely good.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

If Star Ace wants Hot Toys level of pricing, then they are better hiring K.A Kim to do all of their head sculpts. Only then I’ll see myself buying The Bride, O-ren, and whatever they come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly...I like it. I may eat those words when final product hits but for now, I want it. I think this proto is good, not perfect but definitely good.

I'm inclined to agree, in the sense that the tracksuit is actually nicely tailored. It's more of a slimish fit as opposed to the custom figure's outfit that I know of. With a decent group commisioned head sculpt by a talented sculptor this could look pretty good. The Jules and Vincent figures were a missed opportunity however, and sadly I feel this will be too.

The sculpt is better than the Play Toys version. I have that, but would definitely grab this head to upgrade it.

I hope they do Gogo. I made a custom a few years back, but I never found a decent head sculpt.

Gogo thumbnail.jpeg

Yeah, GoGo has that big nose, not unlike Uma....doesn't make them unnattractive, but it's a unique quality to their faces. Hard to capture in plastic.

The sculpt is better than the Play Toys version. I have that, but would definitely grab this head to upgrade it.

I hope they do Gogo. I made a custom a few years back, but I never found a decent head sculpt.

View attachment 458270

That is a nice Gogo! Did you commission the outfit or was it sourced from specific vendors? I picked up one of Snyder-man's Gogo sculpts, need to get an outfit for it.

I'm inclined to agree, in the sense that the tracksuit is actually nicely tailored. It's more of a slimish fit as opposed to the custom figure's outfit that I know of. With a decent group commisioned head sculpt by a talented sculptor this could look pretty good. The Jules and Vincent figures were a missed opportunity however, and sadly I feel this will be too.
Vincent was just ridiculously off. The Jules suffered from them having to follow a few Hot Toys sculpts. I would have bought them if they had looked better. This Bride is head and shoulders above the pulp fiction attempts though.

That is a nice Gogo! Did you commission the outfit or was it sourced from specific vendors? I picked up one of Snyder-man's Gogo sculpts, need to get an outfit for it.

Well it's been a while, but as I recall I bought two different loose outfits that were available at the time in order to get the jacket & skirt to match as close to Gogo's as possible. Skirt isn't quite right but the closest I could find.

Gogo-Yubari.jpg

Well it's been a while, but as I recall I bought two different loose outfits that were available at the time in order to get the jacket & skirt to match as close to Gogo's as possible. Skirt isn't quite right but the closest I could find.

Thanks for the info. I am not as picky as some and not willing to pay hundreds for some popular custom head or clothing that is only marginally better than much more affordable alternatives. If only someone would do Elle, Vernita, and Bill.

Back