Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

View attachment 363863

Oh my god. Those look like utter ass. Who the hell is that black guy supposed to be? Looks nothing like Sam Jackson.

Vince vaguely looks like Travolta, but not really.

Did they not get likeness rights, like that old non-Depp Edward Scissorhands figure?

Looks like some Generic Afro Man with John Cena in a wig.

These are utter trash as stated many, many times. Companies like this and threezero need to just give up at this point, they are taking and ruining too many properties away from competent companies

I kinda thought 3Z has stepped up their game lately. :dunno

They have. Hannibal is fantastic and I'm gonna get Negan and Mulder too. Hope they make a H1 Michael Myers next. Though I'd kill to see them get the Westworld license.

God you guys are cruel lol. I think they look ok and will support the line to hopefully get more characters made.

I'm usually pretty forgiving on early photos and likenesses... but ugh.

The film is a beloved modern classic and deserves better than this...if all you have to offer is a black suit that head sculpt had better be on point...unfortunately these are not.

God you guys are cruel lol. I think they look ok and will support the line to hopefully get more characters made.
Yeah, a lot of these criticisms are unduly harsh in my opinion. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should call it trash. Having said that, I wouldn't buy these unless the likeness improved significantly. I just pre-ordered the DAM, stylized versions, and reckon that will satisfy my craving, though.

I would not call them trash myself...I would just say that they are figures of Vincent and Jules that look ABSOLUTELY nothing like them...to someone who is in to setting up a display dedicated to stunt doubles from famous films these two figures are probably absolute treasures!

Dang... i was looking forward to these and the Kill Bill figures.

The only positive thing you can say are... well at least they're licensed !

What happened to the Star Ace sculpting team? i mean... their McQueen and 80% of their Harry Potter series was EXCELLENT ! The 300 - Leonidas also looked pretty darn good. Underworld Selene was okay~. They showed promise with more hits then misses.

What happened ?!?! I don't think the Katniss figure is as bad as some people describe, but these 2 are definitely paired with their worst efforts (along with HP Prof Snape).

Yeah, all these companies were lined up itching for the Pulp Fiction license. . . .

:crickets:

Granted, it's not all because of angles, but judging based on one picture is jumping the gun. I think Vincent is passable, but yes, this angle isn't promising for Jules. I can kind of see Jackson if I squint....the hair looks ok, the facial hair looks correct, but the eyes and cheeks seem to subdued. It could just be the angle....I hope.

Usually I'd be among the first to talk about lighting, lens distortion, macro vs in-hand and the like... but these sculpts are just plain bad. They might have a good angle... we'll know if they release any shots from behind.

just get the Redman release if you guys think Star Ace's that bad.

teach them a lesson by posting your purchased Redman on their facebook page.

I wish Threezero had it instead. They may take forever to release stuff but their sculpts are pretty good and seemingly getting better. This is easily the worst thing I've ever seen from Star Ace. They've done much MUCH better than this. What happened?

I think they aren't bad at all, at least not as bad as what you guys are saying in the last few pages.

just get the Redman release if you guys think Star Ace's that bad.

teach them a lesson by posting your purchased Redman on their facebook page.

The redman versions look ok, but the bodies are hideous if you want the volleyball outfits on, which I would. The heads and outfits would work.

No panic here...if Blitzway had announced this license and released these prototypes I would be freaking out...in this case I am getting exactly what I expected...and as a result will not be buying them...too bad as I said before Pulp Fiction deserved better.

Back