Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

I love and the critiques based of pictures that look like they were shot with a potato. Seriously though, wait for better angled, lighted, resolution pics.

I love and the critiques based of pictures that look like they were shot with a potato. Seriously though, wait for better angled, lighted, resolution pics.

Agreed!

I have some of the other Star Ace figures and many are quite good... there is no reason to think that these will be crap given their track record.

We can only go by info in hand. And from these pics, there seems to be general consensus that these haven't lived up to expectations.

I'm not sure if photography is the issue. The pics posted are pretty clear and close of the sculpts, bodies, and clothes. I would give some credence to the photography argument if these were shot from a distance or they were grainy pics, or if the face was not visible. But that's not the case here.

Bad pictures or not it doesn't disguise that that's clearly the worst likeness of Samuel L Jackson I've ever seen in figure form including like 6 inch McFarlane and Star Wars figures

We can only go by info in hand. And from these pics, there seems to be general consensus that these haven't lived up to expectations.

I'm not sure if photography is the issue. The pics posted are pretty clear and close of the sculpts, bodies, and clothes. I would give some credence to the photography argument if these were shot from a distance or they were grainy pics, or if the face was not visible. But that's not the case here.

The fact that they're close-up shots doesn't make the pics more accurate. There's a load of lens distortion there. The lighting is terrible too.

Figures may fall short of expectations, but they'll end up being a lot better than shown here.

The pictures are good enough to show the poor tailoring on the suits...check out the neck tie knots...don't think that is lens distortion...

On second thought, after looking at these on my desktop instead of my phone... these look AWFUL!!!! Haha but ya they kind of do. I will hold harsher judgement till better pictures surface though.

tailoring is poor- oh well when and if these get produced we will all see..

The pictures are good enough to show the poor tailoring on the suits...check out the neck tie knots...don't think that is lens distortion...

Yeah, tailoring does look poor in terms of cut and detail (ie no tie pin). Still though... more pics.

hard to tell exactly how good these are based on the out of focus pictures but overall the figures appear disappointing, particularly The Bride/Uma.

Even though I paid a pretty penny for the figure, I'm pretty happy with the custom Iminime Bride from a couple years ago - the craftsmanship was really good on that figure, down to the options for real metal sword, bloody outfit, bike outfit & helmet looks. It's hard to say right now if StarAce will surpass it. Rooted hair is hit and miss sometimes, hopefully they can make it look right on Uma.

After seeing StarAce's take on Kill Bill, it doesn't give me much hope for a O-Ren Ishii. I was hoping they would take a shot at it. Otherwise my only option would be the expensive Iminime version of the "Yakauza Queen," which I think goes for several hundred dollars on ebay.

God the wait for these is killing me. Darklord Dave can you give us any info or updates just to soften the waiting?
Anything?
Anything At all?

The Star Ace booth looks very thin this year.

Maybe they heard the initial feedback on their Vincent and Jules prototypes that were on display elsewhere a few months ago, threw them in the trash, and are in the process of requesting a refund on the fee to acquire the license...

Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

Terrible pictures. The Bride needs sculpted hair. Rooted doesn't work in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible pictures. The Bride needs sculpted hair. Rooted doesn't work in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooted hair DONE RIGHT looks great.. There are a few iminime's that have been done with rooted hair and they looks amazing..I want more pics of the face

Rooted hair DONE RIGHT looks great.. There are a few iminime's that have been done with rooted hair and they looks amazing..I want more pics of the face

You should look at the Hunger Games thread and ask yourself if you trust Star Ace with rooted hair after that.

They can do rooted hair ok. The work on the Dumbledores I think is testament to that.

The Hunger Games figure is just a ball-drop in general though.

Back