Star Ace Toys : Aragorn 1/8 Scale Collectible Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates? Does anybody have him in hand yet? Mine is on the way and I am equal parts excited and dreading it as my opinion of Star Ace hasn't been the highest of late but I couldn't pass on anything from LotR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Please excuse the bad quality but I did find this when I was looking on eBay.

37dcc55b95f77f4d46a4a84654e89a05.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, got mine today.
Here are some real quick out of the box photos in my office. I'll probably take some better shots later. This is my first and probably last figure in this scale. I'll be sticking with 1/6. The base is cool and I actually love this style of base. The outfit feels good but bunches up funny when articulating the figure. The body also feels pretty sturdy with nice and tight joints. The accessories all feel terribly flimsy and as for the rest I'm sure everyone can come to their opinions on the overall quality of the piece. It's an okay little treasure to stick on my fantasy themed bookshelf but I will probably never have it in any major display. The only other figure I could imagine picking up in this scale is a Gandalf and that's solely based on how much I love the character.
44d4597cca41c0ae7ae32484faf9beca.jpg
df3dc33bb03457824ae4966cb986b4f1.jpg
16a9c4c7817aeb7041a3b7d405b9c39d.jpg

bf9552f29bcbab3ba0ce012f1998a49c.jpg

And here are a couple of better pictures. Overall, it's not great. But from the distance of my office sofa to the bookshelf that this figure sits on it looks like Aragorn so that's something. Maybe a better photographer with better equipment can make it look better than I did; however, up close that head sculpt is never going to look great.
86eae76b3445f85ce47f4691506bf2be.jpg
17051abc874f2fea4b36b72ba198a300.jpg

Thanks for sharing those pics!
As much as I love LOTR, I just can't justify adding this to my collection. The head paint, at least in the pics, is sub-par to be kind. No life in that sculpt at all. If this were $75, I might bite, but $140? Not a chance.

Thanks for sharing those pics!
As much as I love LOTR, I just can't justify adding this to my collection. The head paint, at least in the pics, is sub-par to be kind. No life in that sculpt at all. If this were $75, I might bite, but $140? Not a chance.
Yeah, it is definitely not worth $140. I could justify $75-$100 for it. But $140 is just too high a price point. And you are correct, the headsculpt is definitely way to mannequin like. The skin tone is too light. I wonder if a decent repaint could help salvage this.

Hahahha, I bit the bullet so you all didn't have to!

Hahahha, I bit the bullet so you all didn't have to!

Lol. I bit the bullet too. I think mine is arriving tomorrow or Thursday. I figured it was not a good sign that it arrived in my bbts pile of loot before any in hand pictures were on the internet. If it is scaled close to the Disney Princess/Barbie dolls my daughter may end up getting a very expensive addition.

Anymore photos of this? Don't plan on getting it but wouldn't mind seeing some decent photos of it anyway :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mine arrived. It’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be but there are a lot of misses with this one. There is just too much off with this figure for me to recommend it but I would not go as far as saying I hate it. I actually kind of maybe like it. If they had just found a way to give him ankle articulation it would be a very fun figure. I do not see this selling real well so I would be surprised to see another figure except maybe a Nazgul.

The only thing stopping me from getting the figure is that his accessories look terrible. It wouldn’t have been so bad if I could get a better 1/8 sword, bow, and extra arrows on eBay. Unfortunately, I highly doubt anyone is selling accessories in that scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back