Star Ace Toys : Aragorn 1/8 Scale Collectible Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also looks like a fair amount of photoshop filtering has been done on those pics. Something about them seems too ... I don't know ... digital.

Feels like somebody leaned too hard into the "gaussian blur."

Yup. That’s why wik withhold my final decision until I see some pictures of the actual product or at least a prototype at a show or Comic-Con. Holding out hope that in reality it looks better. My wallet is hoping it looks much worse so I can save the money.

It's embarrassing to think that someone has green lit this. Have they even looked at the source material when making the prototype or just cobbled it together from memory? I'd have been all over this if it was up to scratch but as it stands and at the price point, it's a big fat no from me. I've seen better custom Aragorns using the old DID and Sideshow parts from a decade ago haha!

Loooooooooooooooooooooool. I knew it, looks like a star ace product. So bad lmao

It looks like if telltale games were to make a lotr video game, but they can't now that they're going out of business.

I wonder if this is some rapid prototype thing?

It looks like one of those That's My Face heads, where they print out the colored/painted heads.

I wonder if this is some rapid prototype thing?

It looks like one of those That's My Face heads, where they print out the colored/painted heads.

I suspect that may be the case. Arrows 1/4th sculpt looks exactly the same too.

Supposedly they modified the headsculpt, any better?

45244330_1985169218276470_6259290079387189248_o.jpg

I think until we see the final production it’s going to be hard to judge if it is any good. I don’t expect the sculpt to be as detailed or a good as a good 1/6th sculpt but it better be better than the 1/12th ToyBiz sculpts some of which were very good for that scale, price and the time period which they were made.

To me the pictures right now make it look like a figure based on an animated version Peter Jackson’s version of Lord of the Rings if that makes any sense. I am will to give them a chance and I hope I am either blown away by the final product or that it is stylized enough to work as an stylized animated version. Weta has done it with their mini epics and Funko has done it with their mini mystery figures but if it goes that route it will have to be a very fun figure for me to justify the cost.

I think the face looks squashed which is making the nose look too fat, lips too thin and jaw too round and short. Aragorn's younger, uglier brother.

With no new pictures or info? Interesting. I have had him preordered at bbts from day 1. I am hoping for some production/in hand pictures to decide whether or not to keep him. I am think maybe they make him and a ringwraith but I don’t see it going beyond that.

Back