Star Ace Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get him sooner, but I'm keeping my order at Sideshow. I could use the reward points.

Here's my Voldemort.

Great figure - still not keen on the screaming mouth sculpt, but two wands was a nice surprise! Elder wand + His own.

IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0603 copy.jpg
IMG_0604.JPG

Nice pics! I have really got to get around ordering this guy.

It looks like his robes could benefit from a little water treatment.

If you mean the colour - It looks almost black in those pictures, but the robes are more dark green.

Further back in this thread, I showed some pictures I took of one of the actual screen worn costumes, and they are in fact mid to light green.

Still, the Star Ace version is pretty screen accurate.

Awesome set up.

Has any more figures been rumored or confirmed? It seems to me we are getting a figure every two months so shouldn't we expect three more releases for this year?

Awesome set up.

Has any more figures been rumored or confirmed? It seems to me we are getting a figure every two months so shouldn't we expect three more releases for this year?

Sirius is next month and Hermione after that.

I've seen/heard rumours that Draco, McGonagall and Harris Dumbledore are on the cards next, but who knows! I'm waiting for Mad-eye, personally. :)

If you mean the colour - It looks almost black in those pictures, but the robes are more dark green.

Further back in this thread, I showed some pictures I took of one of the actual screen worn costumes, and they are in fact mid to light green.

Still, the Star Ace version is pretty screen accurate.

Oh no it has nothing to do with color at all. Water treatment is simply wetting the fabric so it wears naturally on the figure when it dries. It works well for robes. What kind of material is the fabric?

Sirius is next month and Hermione after that.

I've seen/heard rumours that Draco, McGonagall and Harris Dumbledore are on the cards next, but who knows! I'm waiting for Mad-eye, personally. :)

I rather have Gambon Dumbledore, maybe eventually. I thought a quidditch Harry and Draco were planned also. Maybe just an add kit for the quidditch gear.

McGonagall will be cool.

Personally, I am hoping this line gets a good 40 figures :pray:

Oh no it has nothing to do with color at all. Water treatment is simply wetting the fabric so it wears naturally on the figure when it dries. It works well for robes. What kind of material is the fabric?

Oh, I see. I'm not sure on the fabric, but it feels synthetic. Quite a heavy and shiny material. Pretty sure it's not cotton, I'm no expert though.

I rather have Gambon Dumbledore, maybe eventually. I thought a quidditch Harry and Draco were planned also. Maybe just an add kit for the quidditch gear.

McGonagall will be cool.

Personally, I am hoping this line gets a good 40 figures :pray:

I'd rather have Gambon too, but it's nice to have them in order. The beauty and curse with Harry Potter characters is everyone has their favourites! So, Star Ace will just have to make them all, won't they?! :)

I forgot to update BBTS with my new address and they sent it to the old one. Crap!!!! Now I have to see if my renters will be home so I can pick it up.

Right, so, on the subjects of robe fabric etc, I decided to go and have another look.

The fabric seems to be some kind of Nylon/polyester? The closest I've seen fabric like this is the lining of jackets. That type of smooth/silky material.

As far as the subject of hanging properly - Well, that's my fault, because I just put it in the cabinet (I am waiting to move to set up all my figures, so it's a temporary display) and now I've realised there is wire in the edges of the sleeves and hems of robes. Yes, ROBES: there are two. So, I bet if you take your time, he'll look more, err, natural?

Here's some more pictures, if it helps:

IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG

Also, I've just noticed that Voldemort isn't wearing wizard robes. . . Look at the fabric, the cut, the layers, and the elasticated waist of the trousers/pants. Yup, those are pyjamas, people. Voldy is ready for beddy time! Not so blinking scary now are ya, pal, huh? HUH? *Gulps*

Back