Star Ace Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited to get this in hand.

Peter_Pettigrew_holding_Voldemort's_rudimentary_body.jpg

What say, Sideshow?

Very happy with this figure. I would suggest water treating the fabric especially around the neck area so it hangs/clings to his shoulders and neck.

Very happy with this figure. I would suggest water treating the fabric especially around the neck area so it hangs/clings to his shoulders and neck.

Nice picture, man!

I've never heard of this water treatment. So, do you just wet the fabric and put it on the figure to dry? No risk of any damage? I guess not if he's plastic and sealed paint?

Nice picture, man!

I've never heard of this water treatment. So, do you just wet the fabric and put it on the figure to dry? No risk of any damage? I guess not if he's plastic and sealed paint?

I would keep it away from the painted areas just to be safe, but if you wet the body it would be absolutely fine. I have done it with a few figures now and it really works amazingly with Robes.

I would keep it away from the painted areas just to be safe, but if you wet the body it would be absolutely fine. I have done it with a few figures now and it really works amazingly with Robes.

Okay. Cheers for that! I'll have a crack at it, when I'm feeling brave :)

Jus as jra81984 stated. It really helps with how the fabric/clothing drapes on the figure.

It worked wonders for my Asmus Witch King. It took the figure to a whole new level. I actually also did it with some Mattel Ghostbusters suits, it turned out incredible. Muster up the courage to do it! It is worth it for sure!

Nice pic. It's getting harder for me to resist buying this I know I'm going to get it but am full on po's for other things

Just per-ordered him, hopefully he hits Australia in the next couple weeks, he will look pretty sweet alongside my Maleficent! well............until Bellatrix gets made ;)

Got him in. Really solid figure. Not sure about the rubbery wands but still pretty cool you get both. He seems a bit short. Only 11 9/16 (just over 5'9" in 1/6). He is supposed to be 11 7/8" (or 5'11"). He is 5/16 of an inch off but you can always fudge that with a stand. Not sure how you would mod this figure as I've never tried on a Star Ace body and its unfamiliar to me. All in all I'm satisfied. Paint is really nice. Especially on the head with the gains showing through. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427649349.735671.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427649360.471774.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427649375.061471.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427649385.917682.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427649397.739587.jpg

I was thinking of doing that. I was hoping that it would pull apart at the knee but it won't. Surgery may be involved. LOL

Just have him menacingly levitate with the robe tendrils out and you won't notice the height difference.
That's kinda what I want to do when I order mine next month/week.

Sometimes you can make figures taller at the knees. I have made bodies a little taller by doing that.

There seems to be some length spare in the robes - perhaps a change of body? Not ideal, but I might have a look through my spares. Is a shame, because as far as I can tell, the Star Ace body seems pretty good.

I'm interested in seeing their take on Snape - because I have the Medicom version too and it's very good.

I just picked up Snape and I agree. Great figure. Body is a bit thin but bulking up or a body swap on him would be simple.

Not sure about a body swap on Voldemort though. The feet would have to be modded heavily to accommodate another body. Not sure I want to perform surgery just yet. If it bugs me enough I may try it.

I just picked up Snape and I agree. Great figure. Body is a bit thin but bulking up or a body swap on him would be simple.

Not sure about a body swap on Voldemort though. The feet would have to be modded heavily to accommodate another body. Not sure I want to perform surgery just yet. If it bugs me enough I may try it.

Good point. Not looked closely enough yet.

The body is pretty solid and unique to the industry with a lot of PVC parts. The robe is designed to be a little long - you never really see his feet in the films.

Back