SSW Aragorn on Brego Has Arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Has Arrived!

Just after I asked I saw you say what # you recieved over at S&F.:lol

QUOTE:Ha! Oh how wrong you are. The steed version is much more regal, with all the intricate Gondorian detailing on both the horse and Aragorn. And on most of the weaponary too. And of course you get Anduril. I wasn't a big fan of this statue until I saw it for myself. I hear that when the statue first appeared at a show with Sauron next to it, people were more interested in Aragorn than Sauron, and that says something on how great this statue is to behold in person.

Please don't say I am wrong.My view is as valid as anyone elses.People probably would be more interested in Aragorn over Sauron as I do not think the big man is a good piece either.I am just giving my opinion from the pics i've seen and I think it looks nothing like Aragorn.One of my friends has it coming so maybe I'll change my mind when i see it in the flesh.Think that Elessar looks more like Viggo thats all.Looking forward to getting my LAGOA though!! To the person who cancelled Aragorn but now wants it..there are a glut of them on e-bay for way less than retail as i found out when looking at LAGOA..which for anyone who needs it, is over a $100 cheaper on there from trusted retailers.

I agree that Elessar looks more like Viggo but this piece is really cool and one worth owning IMO. Now as far as Sauron not being a good piece well I disagree with that. Sauron is in the top 5 best pieces and at the very least top 10 of the SSW line.

Fair play.But I really don't like Sauron.Even if he is in the same scale as the rest of the line he just looks tooo big to me and the head is too big for the body IMO.The Aragorn statue is a great one to end with and I do not dispute the detail of the costume or horse ..i just don't understand how they can get some faces so right and some like this!!:lol

Have you seen Sauron in person? His head is fine and perfectly in line with his body. Remember he has a helmet on. As far as the size of the piece that is one of the coolest things about him.

Too much emphasis on the likeness to Viggo again. I do not want a statue of Viggo! I want a statue that represents the character from the story. If the likeness to Viggo is important to you then so be it......but that aspect has absolutely no importance to me. Just my humble opinion.......

Gondor59 said:
Too much emphasis on the likeness to Viggo again. I do not want a statue of Viggo! I want a statue that represents the character from the story. If the likeness to Viggo is important to you then so be it......but that aspect has absolutely no importance to me. Just my humble opinion.......

I have exactly the same opinion...

BTW, Sauron would be perfect if he'd put on a little weight. Those legs !

Thank You!!Yes..i have seen Sauron in person and have the same opinion as above.I'm not going to get into the likeness argument again as its been so many times before but..these statues ARE supposed to be based on the FILM characters so it does matter to me.

That's cool. I just disagree with ya because Saurons head fits fine with the body considering it's a helmet it should be a little bigger. Even the legs are fine when you look at old film still his legs aren't that wide. It really is an outstanding piece.

if people have seen Sauron in real person they wouldn't argue about the proportion of his body. There is just nothing wrong with it, period. In fact, it's an amazing piece.

aragon on brego is also the same. i was very impressed when i saw it. SSW Weta did close the line in high term. too bad they might over-produce it a little bit.

As I said, I have seen Sauron in person and he does'nt look right to me.Just my opinion but shared by others I suspect.:eek:

bonsey said:
As I said, I have seen Sauron in person and he does'nt look right to me.Just my opinion but shared by others I suspect.:eek:

Well I have Sauron, and while it is a nice piece, it is certainly not in my top 5. If anything seems to be out of proportion it is the legs, they are really quite skinny. Aside from that, the paint suffers from the HUGE ES, its a good piece, but not my favorite.

As for A/BG ... now that's a looker eh!? :D

bonsey said:

As I said that's cool. I feel differently as I know others feel the same way I do as well.

LOTRFan said:
Well I have Sauron, and while it is a nice piece, it is certainly not in my top 5. If anything seems to be out of proportion it is the legs, they are really quite skinny. Aside from that, the paint suffers from the HUGE ES, its a good piece, but not my favorite.

As for A/BG ... now that's a looker eh!? :D

I guess but I think when compared to pics they look just fine. You must have gotten a badly painted one Matt I don't think the paint on mine looks any diffent than the one I saw at SDCC last year.

jlcmsu said:
I guess but I think when compared to pics they look just fine. You must have gotten a badly painted one Matt I don't think the paint on mine looks any diffent than the one I saw at SDCC last year.

No, I had two and they were both about the same. Ok paint, but then again it is mostly black. What I am referring to however is the way the detailing on the armor isn't brought out like it should be, and the splotches on the cape. Couple that with the sloppy glue work (again on both of mine and all of them I have seen in person), bent shoulder and shin spikes, and wonky mace (esp when compared with the weapon version) and it comes down a few pegs, or at least for me.

LOTRFan said:
No, I had two and they were both about the same. Ok paint, but then again it is mostly black. What I am referring to however is the way the detailing on the armor isn't brought out like it should be, and the splotches on the cape. Couple that with the sloppy glue work (again on both of mine and all of them I have seen in person), bent shoulder and shin spikes, and wonky mace (esp when compared with the weapon version) and it comes down a few pegs, or at least for me.

Well, that sucks that any of the ones you've seen or had didn't come out we as well as what overall I think mine did. The only problem I have with mine is the mace. I need to heat the shaft of the mace up and straighten it out. Never had any glue issues on mine.

Just got my Credit Card Bill with both Leg/Gim and AatBG on it.

OUCH :google

Aragorn at the Black Gate arrived today and I am so pleased! He's better then I ever thought and the paint job is superb. What a great piece to end the weta line with! Thanks Adam for getting this piece out so quickly!

Corwin said:
Just got my Credit Card Bill with both Leg/Gim and AatBG on it.

OUCH :google

Corwin,
That's why I chose wisely which credit card to put it on. The way it works for me is best because both LGOA and ABG shipped at exactly one month apart, which meant they went on 2 different billing cycles.

Mine arrived also today true a shop called Acme here in The Netherlands.

200520060455pj.jpg

This piece looks so damm good and I'm very happy I've bought it:chew

Back