SSW Aragorn on Brego Has Arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Has Arrived!

Anakin said:
,..nice statue,..a shame it doesn't look nothing like viggo,... :monkey2

I think it looks a little something like Viggo, so I guess that technically, I agree with you and your double negative. :D J/K!

Bodie The Cursed said:
Wow impressive anal likeness, and I don't say that very often.:eek:

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha ,yeah thats not something you would say regularly....

Excellent photos Tom, can't wait for mine. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
Excellent photos Tom, can't wait for mine. :cool:

Is it me or does this Aragorn look a bit blanched? Tom, how does he look under normal lighting INSIDE the house?

Radagaster said:
Is it me or does this Aragorn look a bit blanched? Tom, how does he look under normal lighting INSIDE the house?

Yeah, he is a bit pale not to the point of bothering me much.

Radagaster said:

His skin looks pretty much like everybody else's in my opinion. Not any paler than Legolas, Pippin, or Eowyn under the same lights.

It's an impressive looking piece judging from the pics - As was Gimli & Legolas which arrived last month.

I have a feeling I'll prefer the simple elegance of the Ellessar figure though. Just as I'll prefer the Moria Gimli to rider Gimli. (Standalone Legolas is a tossup - It's not a personal favorite, but much better in person than the official photos which always looked effeminate to me). It seems silly to knock two great pieces, but in a way they seem over-ambitious. I dunno. Gandalf BELONGS on Shadowfax, the Lord of all horses -- but I'm just not sure that these other characters beg for the rider treatment (as opposed to someone like the unproduced Eomer ;))

I've gone back-and-forth a bit on these figures. I've got Gim/Leg in hand and Aragorn on order. It will be interesting to see what the long-term consensus of the community will be though on the preferred representation. Probably there's plenty of room for both.

Congratulations Tom and thanks for the very nice pics!

Absolutely cool... and sad, too...:monkey2

Hey TOM!!! You may want to get a replacement. I see a "crack" at the back of the horse. :lol

spaceman said:
It will be interesting to see what the long-term consensus of the community will be though on the preferred representation. Probably there's plenty of room for both.

That got me thinking about what the long term value trends will be for the entire line. It's interesting that of the 52 statues listed on the SS/W LOTR statue page at ToyTracker.net, 39 have red arrows--13 of which are double red arrows. It seems that if anybody out there was stockpiling these things to sell for a profit, now would be the time to unload them...

Of course, those collecting out of love for the line will remain happy for a long time!

tomandshell said:
That got me thinking about what the long term value trends will be for the entire line. It's interesting that of the 52 statues listed on the SS/W LOTR statue page at ToyTracker.net, 39 have red arrows--13 of which are double red arrows. It seems that if anybody out there was stockpiling these things to sell for a profit, now would be the time to unload them...

Of course, those collecting out of love for the line will remain happy for a long time!

Most who are still hanging around here love their figures. I believe this line has it all right to show real resiliency and staying power: 1) 50+ year literary history 2) Brilliant film adaptation (a work of art and effort on par with the books themselves, IMO) 3) Fantastic Art-Quality figures sculpted by the actual film crew members.

I'll just remind that the up/down arrows are RECENT/RELATIVE trends only and they are VERY cyclical. A super-high value piece can still have a down couple of months, and we are beginning to enter the season which is traditionally better for buyers. We now have some good time seperating us from the films, and the staying power of this line is clear. Overall prices may be down from their peaks, but at least for the earlier lower-edition type items, there is still plenty of interest to keep the value of a "diversified portfolio" (e.g. 25% orcs 15% elves 20% Hobbits, etc. :D) comparitively high relative to MSRP. Having said, I've got a couple "investment" duplicates myself still hanging around, and it is only prudent, I think, to watch the local time trends for your trading activities. ;)

Back