SSE 1:1 Ardeth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LCummins and Gruson....CONGRATZ!!! I don't like to play favorites but I was really hoping that you guys get this. Post pics next week. :D

Okay, enough with Ardeth...WHERE'S 1:1 VAMPYRE?!!! :bat

wow Im totally outa the loop.:confused:

It looks amazing, geeeez thats amazing.
Funnily enough, Im watching it tonight!

lcummins said:
I am finally starting to relax a little! I was seriously getting anxious refreshing that page for almost two straight hours... needed a rest room break... and to stretch my legs... but it was worth it! I did manage to get one! :chew

Once he is in and I can take a good look at it, I will have to make a very hard decision as to whether or not I will collect the SSE line of busts if they continue them. I just don't know if I can find the room or money to collect them! :google And if every one of them is going to be this limited... I will probably have a stroke or heart attack from all the stress!

I was hoping you were able to get one. Figured it was a no-brainer that you were trying.

It did cross my mind though what would happen if they did continue SSE version especially this limited and what would happen to a completist once they ended up missing one :monkey2

oxbeard said:
I was hoping you were able to get one. Figured it was a no-brainer that you were trying.

It did cross my mind though what would happen if they did continue SSE version especially this limited and what would happen to a completist once they ended up missing one :monkey2

Thanks everyone! I was refreshing the newsletter page, the home page and the Vintage Monsters page waiting for something to come up. A couple of minutes before the newsletter arrived, I swear I saw a banner for it come up on the Vintage Monsters page, but I wasn't looking for that so I hit refresh before I got a really good look! This happened twice, and then I started refreshing looking just for that banner! It was just dumb luck that I actually remembered to go refresh the newsletter page in the nick of time! :chew

If I decide to continue collecting the SSE busts, and miss one, I won't be too distraught... I might pout for a couple of days, but there will always be one for sale shortly after they come out! Here's hoping I don't have to find out! :monkey4

Gruson said:
I got one.

Lcummins, any pics of your "classic" 1/4 and busts collection?

:)

I only have a few 1/4's on display at the moment, but I do have most of the busts out. I will get some pictures this weekend of my meager display and dig out some older ones with more of the PF on display!

ya know I really wish SS would not announce low ES products in advance like this. It attracts too many sharks that are chasing the low ES and not the product.
If they didnt announce it, the true collectors would stumble across a nice surprise and the flippers would not even click on the link cause otherwise they wouldnt be interested in the product.
Luckily I wasnt interested in this, but I stepped away from my comp for a matter of seconds and missed the opportunity.
If they still had an ES of 15 for the Ardeth Bay, but just didnt let the public know it would be sold out after 15 were sold, I'd bet they would still be available right now.

Glad you guys who wanted one got one though.

occulum said:
ya know I really wish SS would not announce low ES products in advance like this. It attracts too many sharks that are chasing the low ES and not the product.
If they didnt announce it, the true collectors would stumble across a nice surprise and the flippers would not even click on the link cause otherwise they wouldnt be interested in the product.
Luckily I wasnt interested in this, but I stepped away from my comp for a matter of seconds and missed the opportunity.
If they still had an ES of 15 for the Ardeth Bay, but just didnt let the public know it would be sold out after 15 were sold, I'd bet they would still be available right now.

Glad you guys who wanted one got one though.
Well, fact is, word travels fast these days, so I doubt that it would be unknown for long.
But you've got a point that if it isn't announced, some people who are in it for the flip maybe would be to late.
And now.....how many of the 15 would have bought this if the edition size was 500? Not many, not many at all.....

congrats to everyone who got him. im just now looking at the pics of him and it looks great. too much for my blood, but glad those who want him got him.

rogueboy said:
Well, fact is, word travels fast these days, so I doubt that it would be unknown for long.
But you've got a point that if it isn't announced, some people who are in it for the flip maybe would be to late.
And now.....how many of the 15 would have bought this if the edition size was 500? Not many, not many at all.....

ME! ME! :rotfl

rogueboy said:
Exactly.
What I meant was if the ES read "TBD" on the page, but behind the scenes its really 15, but not revealed until those 15 are sold. It would reward those die-hard Ardeth Bay / SSE collectors and clip the flippers. It would also reward those who order directly thru SS.

.. like would Gruson have been interested in this if it had been a 100+ ES? :monkey3 :D

occulum said:
Exactly.
What I meant was if the ES read "TBD" on the page, but behind the scenes its really 15, but not revealed until those 15 are sold. It would reward those die-hard Ardeth Bay / SSE collectors and clip the flippers. It would also reward those who order directly thru SS.

.. like would Gruson have been interested in this if it had been a 100+ ES? :monkey3 :D

Hi, I'll be working as the 'Mouth of Chicky' today:

"We announced the edition size to be very clear with our customers. If we know already that there are only 15 made and in-stock, it is deceiving to post TBD and disappoint collectors who think that they will have ample time to get the item. Editions are only posted as TBD when we really don't know how many we will be producing, in order to gauge the item's popularity."

:duff

SideshowDusty said:
Hi, I'll be working as the 'Mouth of Chicky' today:

"We announced the edition size to be very clear with our customers. If we know already that there are only 15 made and in-stock, it is deceiving to post TBD and disappoint collectors who think that they will have ample time to get the item. Editions are only posted as TBD when we really don't know how many we will be producing, in order to gauge the item's popularity."

:duff
I understand why its disclosed. I just hate it when the ES sells a product and not the product itself.
Maybe do a 24hr inclusive edition with things like this in the future? or maybe have a lottery pick similar to how SDCC exclusives were handled a couple years back?

... I just always have flash-backs of hunting down 1-per-casers in the stores and it being next to impossible to get them cause I actually had a job and either the employees got them or the local shops had lil' jobless, good-fer-nuthin go-fers hit all the stores thru the day!! :banghead

no, Im not bitter :lol

SideshowDusty said:
it is deceiving to post TBD and disappoint collectors who think that they will have ample time to get the item.
you do realize a lot of those people who wait are the people who are shopping around to avoid buying direct which cuts into brick & mortar sales, which cuts down on SS's overall profits and maybe into YOUR RAISE! :lol

Back