1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they're trying to end on a high note with Dengar announcing last, but this and 4-LOM are not exactly the most exciting figs, especially in the context of a reduced SSC output of figs.

I suppose they thought from a sales perspective "they'll want a full set of the hunters!" but you have to wonder about the logic of doing both 4-LOM and Zuckuss before Tarkin, Veers or Ackbar. Or Lando Skiff. Or a Hoth Rebel soldier. Especially given that we're in a $220+ per fig world now. What would the vast majority pay that for - Tarkin or Zuckuss?

Did Hasbro do all of the bounty hunters as 12" figures?

I think so, yes.

I guess they're trying to end on a high note with Dengar ...

Never understood the love for Dengar. He must be great in the books, because he always looked pudgy and wounded to me. Zuckuss is such a better design.

Bossk, IG-88 and Zuckuss always looked cool. Dengar and 4-LOM looked like filler.

I guess they're trying to end on a high note with Dengar announcing last, but this and 4-LOM are not exactly the most exciting figs, especially in the context of a reduced SSC output of figs.

I suppose they thought from a sales perspective "they'll want a full set of the hunters!" but you have to wonder about the logic of doing both 4-LOM and Zuckuss before Tarkin, Veers or Ackbar. Or Lando Skiff. Or a Hoth Rebel soldier. Especially given that we're in a $220+ per fig world now. What would the vast majority pay that for - Tarkin or Zuckuss?

I don't know about the majority but I'd take a cool alien over Tarkin any day, and especially one of that line up of bounty hunters. There was never a Kenner Tarkin but any one of those guys takes you straight back to the early 80's. I think they stood out because there were so few outlandish designs in ESB as contrasted with ANH and ROTJ.

I'd love a General Veers too but I'm glad they're doing these first.

I don't know about the majority but I'd take a cool alien over Tarkin any day, and especially one of that line up of bounty hunters. There was never a Kenner Tarkin but any one of those guys takes you straight back to the early 80's. I think they stood out because there were so few outlandish designs in ESB as contrasted with ANH and ROTJ.

I'd love a General Veers too but I'm glad they're doing these first.

Member did do a 12"Tarkin. It came in a FAO Schwart exclusive 2 pack with death star gunner. Also re released later as a single.

I think so, yes.

Never understood the love for Dengar. He must be great in the books, because he always looked pudgy and wounded to me. Zuckuss is such a better design.

Bossk, IG-88 and Zuckuss always looked cool. Dengar and 4-LOM looked like filler.
It's cool to like Dengar because he sucks. I say that from an aesthetic point of view. He looks like a fat, mummy f*#k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I actually like Dengar's personality in the new canon; if I'm not mistaken the official Star Wars databank even describes him as "crude and slovenly", which contrasts with the cool, mysterious badass personality of say, Boba Fett. I like that he's essentially the scumbag of the bounty hunters.

That, and he's voiced by Simon Pegg.

Back in 1980, from a kid perspective, the BH foursome was Fett, Bossk, IG and Dengar, mostly because of proximity to Fett and the most iconic image of the bounty hunters - seen everywhere (and in the Topps cards) - was just those four. Even though one card showed all of them, it was very wide. It was a time of quite limited image resources, and the re-use of the same images over and over in various fanzines, mags etc. You saw this image everywhere (a number of magazine covers):

normal_topps-esb-74.jpg

Even though he's pretty much unseen in the movie, Dengar was more prominent to us as kids because he had not one but TWO featured cards in the Topps sets (an important image source for SW kids pre-internet) - one was an individual character illustration card (that only "the four" got, not Zuckuss or 4-LOM) and the other was him and Vader together in a face-off, which raised his cool factor majorly...

72967-181Fr.jpg

This is the way Dengar became more prominent than 4-LOM and Zuckuss, which kinda makes no sense because you see Zuckuss and 4-LOM in the movie pretty closely, but Dengar you don't (other than his backpack.)

4-LOM (actually Zuckuss) was a mail away figure which you'd think would mean a cool factor, but that just meant he wasn't in stores much at all as a carded figure, so no card artwork to entice you.

4-LOM (really Zuckuss) is one of the BH's that I had a toy of. Never had Dengar until later with the recent vintage collection (which was a really good figure). I think since he was just human he was a little less interesting, but 4-LOM (real one) will always be the least interesting to me.

Anybody else think the Knights of Ren are gonna be like the modern version of the bounty hunter line up?

Back