1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is all Hong Kong production...they are going to shut down for a few weeks for Chinese New Year....and nothing will come out for almost a month so it is big push to get stuff out for all companies...

I get the whole factory shut down for New Year celebration and all but it still look like bad planning to me. Even with payment plans options, having half your yearly offer for a single licence released days apart looks like a bad plan.
Not too worried as i'm sure i'll get to add those figs to the collection anyway but Sideshow may have had a figure from another licence coming along instead with some ahead thinking. Granted it wouldn't solve budget issues for cross licence collectors but it certainly would have relieved quite a few Star Wars only collectors for sure :p

Pretty lame that this fig ships in ten days, has always had a ship date of Jan 2018, and yet still has prototype pics shown on the SSC site.

I mean when do you put production pics up? When it's sold out?

Wow, I only got a shipping soon notice for Dengar, not Zuckuss. But people are saying they've received a shipping soon notice for Zuckuss too that's one day apart from Dengar?! Hope to get both before CNY!

The lack of production pics is making me think about the last IG-88 release...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Don't say that.

:lol

I wonder how many Zuckuss figs they made. You can't imagine he'd be much of a big seller.

Got both notices.

I think what hurt IG-88 V2 more is that we had V1 for reference. In this case, no matter what, these will be the best Zuckuss and Dengar even if they don't meet the production picture's quality. There's still nothing out there that will be better then them, so let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Perish the thought! :)

Maybe Sideshow will swap out the figure galleries with production figures now that their arrival is imminent. They've done it before. Can't wait to see how these two turned out.

And as for the edition sizes...it have 2000 posted for both figures,but...if sales were weak, they may have shortened the run on both...did we ever hear what the run was on Snowspeeder Luke?

Last edited:

IG-88 V2 was bad since they cheaped out on it versus V1, but 4-LOM was just fine. Bossk was more or less okay as well. So I'm hoping IG-88 is an outlier and they won't drop the ball for Zuckuss and Dengar.

IG-88 V2 was bad since they cheaped out on it versus V1, but 4-LOM was just fine. Bossk was more or less okay as well. So I'm hoping IG-88 is an outlier and they won't drop the ball for Zuckuss and Dengar.

Yeah, I didn't get the V.2 IG but I was blown away by 4-LOM. A stunning fig in-hand. Hopefully bodes well for Zuckuss

Yeah, I didn't get the V.2 IG but I was blown away by 4-LOM. A stunning fig in-hand. Hopefully bodes well for Zuckuss

4-LOM is an amazing figure, I just love it. I really like Bossk too. I was just having a little fun with the IG-88 comment I'm sure it was a fluke. It's just too bad we don't have any pics yet. It's almost like when a developer knows their upcoming game is bad so they won't let reviewers put out their opinions until after the game releases... :rotfl

Typical Sideshow though. They’ve always done a bad job of putting up the production pics. Sometimes they never do (like X-wing Luke).

Sideshow using old online dating tricks.

Never heard of an NRD in online dating though.:lol

It's a great trick - non-refundable up front, then deliver something that's noticeably below the prototype quality-wise.

Yeah, I'm considering this guy. The finishes on Dengar were fairly different to the proto, so interested to see how different this guy is.

I've been looking over the proto-pics and there's just so much texture and detail that I'm certain we won't see translate over to production after seeing Dengar.

I've been looking over the proto-pics and there's just so much texture and detail that I'm certain we won't see translate over to production after seeing Dengar.

Yeah the finish on the coat is pretty critical, though unlike Dengar overall, some details on the Zuckuss proto aren't all that screen accurate. So the production fig might a chance for it to land closer to screen accurate.

Back