1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh $200+ for those insects bounty hunters with few second screen time in the movie, no action no story at all :dunno

Totally understand about Bossk, IG-88 and Dengar..at least those are cool and deadly bounty hunters in Clone Wars, especially Bossk and IG88.

Meh $200+ for those insects bounty hunters with few second screen time in the movie, no action no story at all :dunno

Totally understand about Bossk, IG-88 and Dengar..at least those are cool and deadly bounty hunters in Clone Wars, especially Bossk and IG88.

Yeah, what people forget too is that in the early 80's the only bounty hunters (other than Fett) that were in all the books, trading cards, etc were Bossk, IG, and Dengar. The other two obviously got action figures, but in the later series of ESB figs. They really weren't seen during the ESB theatrical run and all the merch/books that followed to the degree Bossk, IG and Dengar were. It's the reason I can understand people not feeling they are essential. It paid to stand right next to the "star" Fett.:lol

There is also something a little lazy about 4-LOM and Zuckuss having roughly the same head design.:dunno

Not really, the concept that seems to escape a lot of peoples grasp about things like cantina creatures, bounty hunters, and the like with small amounts of screen time is the fact that we sat in a theatre for maybe an hour and a half and watched this show, then had hours and hours of playtime with these toys. Screen time becomes trivial, we didn't have Netflix to watch this crap over and over and obsess on it like spoiled children wondering if Darth Vader's codpiece is correctly shaped. Personally, Ree Yees was one of my all time favorites, was this related to all that screen time he had? Yeah...no, when I played with my figures, each of his eyes had different powers like a Beholder from Dungeons and Dragons. I always liked pilots, Cloud Car pilot was one of my favorite figures and you'd look back today and say, wow...what a horrible design. I wish I'd had the access to things then like we do today, maybe it would have shaped my views differently, but I'm probably better off for not having access to all the negativity and nit picking stupidity that goes on in the net at an early age.

Not really, the concept that seems to escape a lot of peoples grasp about things like cantina creatures, bounty hunters, and the like with small amounts of screen time is the fact that we sat in a theatre for maybe an hour and a half and watched this show, then had hours and hours of playtime with these toys. Screen time becomes trivial, we didn't have Netflix to watch this crap over and over and obsess on it like spoiled children wondering if Darth Vader's codpiece is correctly shaped. Personally, Ree Yees was one of my all time favorites, was this related to all that screen time he had? Yeah...no, when I played with my figures, each of his eyes had different powers like a Beholder from Dungeons and Dragons. I always liked pilots, Cloud Car pilot was one of my favorite figures and you'd look back today and say, wow...what a horrible design. I wish I'd had the access to things then like we do today, maybe it would have shaped my views differently, but I'm probably better off for not having access to all the negativity and nit picking stupidity that goes on in the net at an early age.

With great power comes great utility bills.:lecture:lol

But yeah - Ree Yees was one of my faves, along with Greedo and Bossk. The reason I had to make customs of them. Fun to really examine all the rare behind the scenes pics of them too. Something you just didn't have access to back then. But Ree Yees' head was a total ***** to get looking screen accurate.

And... I've finished my Bespin guard, almost finished my Ugnaught (hair... why did they have to have hair?) but then it's on to the Cloud Car Pilot!:yess:

I still have that ree yees figure. Things were maybe a little different as you said. Imagining who these characters were beyond the screen was why I think they had so much charm. Its that imagining for years and years which I believe is the reason fans my age and slightly older, seem to be lukewarm, if not flat out disappointed with the films from '99 to the present(and yes I know some my age love the pt and st). We've been imagining star wars stories most of our lives, so when we see a movie that doesn't match what we've previously imagined, of course we will be let down.

With great power comes great utility bills.:lecture:lol

But yeah - Ree Yees was one of my faves, along with Greedo and Bossk. The reason I had to make customs of them. Fun to really examine all the rare behind the scenes pics of them too. Something you just didn't have access to back then. But Ree Yees' head was a total ***** to get looking screen accurate.

And... I've finished my Bespin guard, almost finished my Ugnaught (hair... why did they have to have hair?) but then it's on to the Cloud Car Pilot!:yess:

I really wish I had the Star Wars book and magazines I had in the early 80s. It would be great to compare the information disseminated in those compared to what we have available to us in things like Star Wars Visual dictionary, but *Vader voice* even those are insignificant to the power of what you can find on the internet.

I still have that ree yees figure. Things were maybe a little different as you said. Imagining who these characters were beyond the screen was why I think they had so much charm. Its that imagining for years and years which I believe is the reason fans my age and slightly older, seem to be lukewarm, if not flat out disappointed with the films from '99 to the present(and yes I know some my age love the pt and st). We've been imagining star wars stories most of our lives, so when we see a movie that doesn't match what we've previously imagined, of course we will be let down.

I think its the cause and effect, nothing can live up to the hype that we built up in our heads. I had a friend who was an "expert" on the clone wars. Now mind you, this was in the early 80s, but he knew everything, Obi Wan, was just a designation and some alien language which meant series one and Ben Kenobi was just an alias and Darth Vader owned all the clones (stormtroopers) all from one single line in Star Wars. I honestly think I grew up half thinking he somehow actually knew this stuff just because he seemed so sure of it all. :lol

PT never bothered me, I didn't look at them as movies, just a long opening scrawl with pictures to get us to Star Wars. No, I didn't like Anakin's big screen portrayal, but man I love clones, I love their vehicles, the ships, all of it, and I think Clone Wars series is just great, I actually like the Anakin portrayal in that, how they just occasionally tip the hat that he has non-jedi principles. I think the ST could have learned from this and designed better troops, rather than going for a watered down Stormtrooper look.

I'm a little worried that my card has been charged for Zuckuss, and yet we haven't seen any final production photos yet. At least for Dengar, they've shown the final production photos before they charge my card in the next day or so! Really hoping that Zuckuss turns out well and isn't a disappointment like the IG-88 reissue.

I'm a little worried that my card has been charged for Zuckuss, and yet we haven't seen any final production photos yet. At least for Dengar, they've shown the final production photos before they charge my card in the next day or so! Really hoping that Zuckuss turns out well and isn't a disappointment like the IG-88 reissue.

I'm going to laugh if it turns out to be a 1/6 Dustin diamond.

That's because SSC is more than aware that there are dupes out there who once have this figure in hand will keep it despite any glaring flaws. I'm prepared for this figure to suck. I'll compare it to my Hasbro 12 inch Zuckuss and if it's not miles better, I'm returning it. That said, I very much hope this figure is amazing because Zuckuss was always a favorite growing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

That's because SSC is more than aware that there are dupes out there who once have this figure in hand will keep it despite any glaring flaws. I'm prepared for this figure to suck. I'll compare it to my Hasbro 12 inch Zuckuss and if it's not miles better, I'm returning it. That said, I very much hope this figure is amazing because Zuckuss was always a favorite growing up.

Do you mean Zuckuss was your favorite? Or 4-Lom? Kenner mixed them up ya know!

No pictures of final product. Charging customers anyway. It's a weird and sketchy way to sell anything, imo.

All the bounty hunters from ESB were my favorite figs and characters cause they had little screen time. Very enigmatic as a kid. You want to know who these characters are and what their backgrounds were. That’s why I picked up the EU book Tales of The a bounty Hunters. Interesting looking and briefly used was the Lucas’ model for interesting characters. It worked on me. From there my love of these characters grew and I needed everything to do with these guys.

When I collected the 4 inch figs I had to upgrade every time a new version came out. When I started collecting HT and SS I wanted all these bounty hunters so I had to make due with what was available to fill out my collection. Now that we are finally getting decent versions of these guys I couldn’t be more happy. Hope they turn out well.

No pictures of final product. Charging customers anyway. It's a weird and sketchy way to sell anything, imo.

It's kind of like December 14th 2017 all over again, I had read all of these great reviews but avoided all spoilers and then....the movie started....

Shipped. Guess I'll find out next week.

Back