1/6 SSC Zuckuss Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bounty hunters are a great set to own but personally $230 is at a price range way above consideration or temptation. I don't see the value at that price.

Its kind of like paying $5 for a 40g bag of chips and the bag has less chips than it did four years ago. Not appealing even though you love the flavour

The bounty hunters are a great set to own but personally $230 is at a price range way above consideration or temptation. I don't see the value at that price.

Its kind of like paying $5 for a 40g bag of chips and the bag has less chips than it did four years ago. Not appealing even though you love the flavour

I can't understand the logic of these prices on such low tier characters. Even if this was Greedo or Ackbar, you could understand the temptation to go high because they have some pop culture mojo - but guys like Z and 4-L are just not really on many people's must-have lists. They're "complete the whole set" type figs.

4-L is a reissue of 3PO with new head and torso front and Z is a not overly complex head/coat fig (Dengar has far more complexity) - they should have done these for under-$200 range and they would have sold twice the amount, especially with the disastrous peg-warmer that was the Medi 4-L.

I do think that SSC prices have finally reached a point where I just can't justify the money any more (especially - at least for me - with SSC's QC issues and lack of screen accuracy, that I know many can overlook.) I think I was grudgingly okay with their $130-ish to $165 jump several years back, then reluctantly okay with the $165 to $190-ish jump - even pulling-nails okay with SOME SSC figs in the $190 to $210 range, but we are now firmly over that range on EVERY SSC fig from now on.

The lack of value is pretty blatantly glaring to me now. I flatly refused the Luke X at $230 a year ago and the Jawas at $220 (just not value for money to me - especially given the awful Luke head and floppy Jawa bodies) and I reluctantly paid $180 w/$30 coupon for the less-than-accurate ATAT driver.

Just don't buy it. Yet. Those figures will be there a months and months after release. Even with the magic "limited " and "only on SSC" labels on it. Pre-orders must be low since they offer the figures to retailers all over the world.

Just don't buy it. Yet. Those figures will be there a months and months after release. Even with the magic "limited " and "only on SSC" labels on it. Pre-orders must be low since they offer the figures to retailers all over the world.

You'd think SSC would have discounted the Luke X a bit more (currently $30 off for BF, only $5 more than a standard SSC online coupon) after sitting in their warehouse for a year (it started shipping a little over a year ago.) Z and 4-L just seem to me are going to be disastrous in terms of unsold merchandise. Maybe they were thinking there'd be a lot of completists wanting to get all the BH's but that pricepoint is just a killer.

They always do that with those SS exclusives don't they? Same with the Jawas, it's only a SS Exclusive in the US.

I have to agree, things have been getting increasingly ridiculous with the prices, and I'm in Canada, so the exchange and customs charges make everything even more painful. I was willing to spend more on the Hoth Han and Luke as i had wanted them forever, but Sideshow's end product killed even that for me. The new insanely priced Jawas was the breaking point though. As much as I love them, I just cannot pay that for those two little guys.

Oddly enough, I've been able to find much better deals on the Japanese secondary market for HT and SCC, and it's still cheaper to get them shipped all the way from Japan than it is from the US.

I am reserve my collection to Primary characters. Part of my “weeding out” process is not to add second, third or background characters. I have also told myself no TFA or new SW movies collecting. Looking at the Black Friday sales on SS its crazy how much TFA “garbage” their trying to get rid of. Surprised Rogue One is in the mix too.

With Z, 4L, IG-88 and Bossk (I have Fett), sure it would be great to have BUT not at those prices and what’s in the box. And honestly I am cool with that as it sticks to my “weeding out” process.

They always do that with those SS exclusives don't they? Same with the Jawas, it's only a SS Exclusive in the US.

Some were (ie. OOM-9) some were available right away from overseas retailers (ie Jawas). 4-LOM was kind of an oddity as it took Sideshow 6 months to offer it to worldwide retailers. I guess they expected those 2000 pieces to sell a lot faster and had to resort to a wider audience to get rid of them. I'm crossing fingers Zuckuss will get the same treatment as i'd rather avoid buying direct from Sideshow. Adding current shipping fees and various taxes to an already inflated retail price is out of question.

Zuckuss is already available to order from Collectibles Direct.

But I went with Sideshow and used RPs.

I am reserve my collection to Primary characters. Part of my “weeding out” process is not to add second, third or background characters. I have also told myself no TFA or new SW movies collecting. Looking at the Black Friday sales on SS its crazy how much TFA “garbage” their trying to get rid of. Surprised Rogue One is in the mix too.

With Z, 4L, IG-88 and Bossk (I have Fett), sure it would be great to have BUT not at those prices and what’s in the box. And honestly I am cool with that as it sticks to my “weeding out” process.

For me, Star Wars is all about aliens, droids and armored characters. All those B, C and D level characters are what I love.

Available from a few european sources as well. It looks like Sideshow made their mind a lot faster with Zuckuss than they did with 4-LOM concerning exclusivity.

I had to get it. I needed to complete the bounty hunters damn it!:gah:
But, this is it. After this I'm done.... with 6th scale figures.

For me, Star Wars is all about aliens, droids and armored characters. All those B, C and D level characters are what I love.

:exactly:

I 100% agree but not at the $250 range

:exactly:

:lol

For all the cool creatures/droids/armored, I'm mostly just going make customs from now on. I made an exception on ATAT driver because that one's special, and I got it for $180 which I was kind of okay with.

It's a bit sad - I feel like I'm walking away from the only company that will do characters like Admiral Ackbar, but I guess they walked away from me, rather than the other way around. You have to forgive a bit on accuracy and QC on SSC figs, but the price thing just has closed the roller door for me. After ten years.:(

I have $100 in RP ready for Luke Snowspeeder, but he'll likely be the last unless something very special comes along.

Dengar will be interesting - he looks awesome, but I feel like a really well done custom will look maybe 70-80% as good, and he's not exactly a "standing front and center" type character in the display, more an off-to-the-sdie guy. I'm worried he's going to be in the $245 range, and that's just not going to happen.

I had to get it. I needed to complete the bounty hunters damn it!:gah:
But, this is it. After this I'm done.... with 6th scale figures.

Z is a funny one to end it on.:lol

I think the old Hasbro Ackbar is one of their nicer figures, and you can still pick one up dirt cheap. I am saving my RPs for a Hoth Leia if they ever get around to one.

Ackbar01.JPG
Ackbar02.JPG

since were on ackbar. here is a photo of the custom one I bought on line 4 years ago. it`s not the greatest photo but what do you expect from a cell phone. the photo is old as I made some changes to Ackbar since then just never got around to taking any new photos of him yet.admiral ackbar.jpg

If sideshow doesn't do an Ackbar and Tarkin sometime soon, I sweat to God... I will complain more and continue to wait. But seriously, c'maaaaaaan.

If sideshow doesn't do an Ackbar and Tarkin sometime soon, I sweat to God... I will complain more and continue to wait. But seriously, c'maaaaaaan.

I really don't understand sideshow- so many figures they could have made easily that would have sold well and here we are still waiting - Dengar not out for order yet- Tarkin/ veers etc and en characters like ackbar - lost opportunities

I really don't understand sideshow- so many figures they could have made easily that would have sold well and here we are still waiting - Dengar not out for order yet- Tarkin/ veers etc and en characters like ackbar - lost opportunities

Yeah, whoever makes the character decisions as SSC really needs to be fired so the company can survive in 1/6. It's absurd that they haven't done a Tarkin or Ackbar, even Veers. These are no-brainers in terms of sales

But it is true that Hasbro Ackbar can be made into a pretty great figure. New boots, body and white suit and he's great.

Back