SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me if this has already been answered... But any good solves for getting the red hood/vest to more closely match the pants? Like a certain dye or something? I want to snag this guy, but the mis-match in color is keeping me from pulling the trigger...

Sallah

I haven't done it, but Im sure you could strip both and re-dye with the color you want to get something similar to what you're asking.

I tried to dye it with Rit Dye but it didn't take. Must be the kind of fabric they used. Next I tried staining it in a dark brown acrylic paint bath and it turned it a mauve color.

Forgive me if this has already been answered... But any good solves for getting the red hood/vest to more closely match the pants? Like a certain dye or something? I want to snag this guy, but the mis-match in color is keeping me from pulling the trigger...

Sallah

You mean like this?:
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Ski

Funny, I've gotten a lot of compliments for it. You just hate me is all.

:nono That's beside the point! :tap :lol

I first tried mine on the TTM19 and then switched him to the Barney because of how skinny the TTM19's waist is, but I didn't like how he looks all bloated, so switched him back. Wish we'd get an in-between. :mad: :lol

Saw all the nice zartan mods and thought I would try myself :cuckoo: and left the pants in a little to long :(. Also I don't think I am super happy with the chest colour and will finish sewing the hood this weekend the I have a dark maroon colour same fabric just not cut and had a scrap I put on for now.

Saw this figure and I love it. I've always loved Zartan. I'm happy that a local store has one more figure left and is selling for about $130 (sorta a clearing sale to make room for the incoming shipment, I guess). I think it was one of my easiest decisions to have it reserved so I could get it by this weekend :)

yeah, i guess i need to include the tweaks that made him one of my favorites...body switch, painted armor, dyed hood. the ex zuke head is another reason i dig him. although i still think he is pretty great right out of the box as well.

yeah, i guess i need to include the tweaks that made him one of my favorites...body switch, painted armor, dyed hood. the ex zuke head is another reason i dig him. although i still think he is pretty great right out of the box as well.

Glad to hear this :hi5: Been going through the entire thread (yes, from page 1), and I enjoyed a lot of the pictures, the modification processes done by some, and even the nostalgic exchanges among our friends here.

Might also try to do some mods. I think the flat black paint looks great on the armor. It covers the dings and "scratches" on it that IMO don't really look too natural. I've seen the figure in person, and the 'damages' on the armor feels carefully laid out on the surface, instead of random and haphazard. Other than that, and the color of the hoodie, yes, I think it's an excellent figure. :clap

So, the pegs and the head of this figure can readily fit a TTM-19, or were there adjustments made to it?

See you around, guys!

really surprised Zartan is still in stock at Sideshow...this is one of the best figures in the line

Back