SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Old Home Week :lol I was 4...and hadn't even heard of GI Joe for another 2 years.

We had one store in the mall that got regular Joe shipments before every other place and it would be a feeding frenzy getting there after school to try and be first in line, and it was literally a line, because they kept the Joes in a glass case. I don't think anything will ever beat being a kid in the 80s and collecting for me. Joes, Star Wars, and Transformers... I think I had some pretty kick ass stuff. :yess:
I even remember the first time I saw Joes, and yes it was like love at first sight. :rotfl

9? Holy crap.... It seemed like I was way younger. I can still remember buying Zartan at a K-Mart with my Nana. :monkey2

picture.php

9? Holy crap.... It seemed like I was way younger. I can still remember buying Zartan at a K-Mart with my Nana. :monkey2

pathetically I remember my Zartan purchase at K-Mart as a kid too!

K-Mart was a HOT spot,ALWAYS had what I wanted (especially Joes, MOTU,and Starwars)

Today,KMART has one of the worst toy sections (with Boscov's leading the pack)

pathetically I remember my Zartan purchase at K-Mart as a kid too!

K-Mart was a HOT spot,ALWAYS had what I wanted (especially Joes, MOTU,and Starwars)

I don't think thats pathetic. There are alot of memories that stand out and the Zartan release was a biggie. I remember receiving some toys as well as going to a few movies better than I remember most of the **** that happened last week. :lol

I remember getting Zartan and the Rattler the same day from TG&Y. I was 10 at the time.

I also remember the first time out looking for the Rattler, I could not find it and had to settle for the Blue Thunder helicoper, which was pretty kewl.

I got the HISS at that same K-Mart about a week later... Good memories.

Nothing beats back in 1982 when me and my brother tried out all the joe figures,opened them all up and played with them in the ailse while my mom was shopping in the store...

of course,I still bought the one I was going to buy carded :lol

Nothing beats back in 1982 when me and my brother tried out all the joe figures,opened them all up and played with them in the ailse while my mom was shopping in the store...

:horror That's horrible teemu...............................but fraggin' HILARIOUS.:lol

Hopefully your mom bought them instead of trying to weasel out of the responsibility there. :monkey1

I have no memory of when Zartan was purchased....I do know he was one of my fav as a kid...what year was Zartan released? 87? I would have been 7 going on 8...

I remember getting Zartan and the Rattler the same day from TG&Y. I was 10 at the time.

I also remember the first time out looking for the Rattler, I could not find it and had to settle for the Blue Thunder helicoper, which was pretty kewl.

I got my Zartan at TG&Y too. My sister bought it for me while I was visiting her.

I got my first G.I. Joe (Snake Eyes) from Revco back in the day. Our apartment complex back then, all the kids would have a big g.i. joe battles. My neighbor was the first kid in our complex to get that huge @$$ aircraft carrier. Lionel's Playworld was the other place I remember most as a youth, they had what seemed like giant walls of G.I. Joe stuff.

Back