SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the Joe figures will hit $200.

But I believe the high prices for figures will hit a wall with all that we are seeing at SDCC and then some.

But I believe the high prices for figures will hit a wall with all that we are seeing at SDCC and then some.

I dont know, I think they will

Destro will more than likely be the same if not more as Zartan, toss in some other accessory and you got 200$

IG-88's $175, for a dumb robot with a couple guns and a light-up head. Zartan's pushing the envelope at $160 which puts him over $175 with CA tax. I'm betting Boba will be close to that with that dumb carbon freeze chamber light-up stand they want to include which should be the Ex instead of the normal stand. By next SDCC, they'll easily be at or over $200.

Fett will be $160. I don't see Destro being more than him or Zartan. Definitely don't see him being more than IG-88. Unless, of course, the slow kids get to keep running the government and the dollar gets significantly worse.

You think people will pay for a $200 Roadblock? I don't. Regulars hitting the pricepoint will be the death of this line.

yeah Fett already was priced at $159 at SDCC so unless they lied to us(How dare you SS) then I don't see any Joe's going higher than that. They know that it's a slippery slope when it comes to 1/6 figures. I don't see them topping Fett for any Joe in price.

You think people will pay for a $200 Roadblock? I don't. Regulars hitting the pricepoint will be the death of this line.

We're paying $160 for Zartan, no questions asked. With RB having to be a bigger, taller muscle body, the gear he'll have and all the accessories, plus the Browning 50cal, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him pushing closer to the $200 mark.

Maybe that is why the line is slowing to 1 a quarter....

All else fails. I will drop everything else for the Joe line.

Except for HT Capt America..

:lecture:lecture:lecture I'm already seriously considering giving Star Wars the axe. If prices get that ridiculous, I'll drop HT and won't even consider the 12" DC figures.

Not buying HT makes it conceivable for me to maintain Star Wars, G.I.Joe, and (soon to be) DC. I'm not a completist in any of the lines, so that helps too.

I expect Joes in the future to hit $200. If they continue to improve upon what they showed at Comic-Con they will anyways. Its like some of us talked about at the freaks party this year 1:6th scale is no longer the cheap way to collect. Prices will be charged based on how "crazy" each piece needs to be in order for it to look the way it should.

I expect Joes in the future to hit $200. If they continue to improve upon what they showed at Comic-Con they will anyways. Its like some of us talked about at the freaks party this year 1:6th scale is no longer the cheap way to collect. Prices will be charged based on how "crazy" each piece needs to be in order for it to look the way it should.

:lol:rotfl:lol Kinda makes no sense. I never looked at 1/6 as the "cheap way" to collect. Spent way more on being a 1/6 completist for Sideshow's 12" lines than I did on Marvel statues. :lol

A perfect example is comparing the price of the CC PF, to the combined price of Dusty, Stalker and the Ninja Viper.

:lol:rotfl:lol Kinda makes no sense. I never looked at 1/6 as the "cheap way" to collect. Spent more on being a 1/6 completist for Sideshow's 12" Star Wars line than I did on Marvel statues. :lol

Well, cheap probably isn't the right way to word it. I think the term that was more used was gateway into collecting. Due to statues, pf, busts, etc all be more expensive. People would use these to get into collecting stay with it some but maybe move up the scale so to speal. Now, not so much when you have so many 1:6th figures hovering or above the $200 mark or something like Iron Man Mark IV with Gantry at $500 or what I imagine the Iron Monger will cost at $400-500. The game has changed but then again what we're getting is also better IMO.

I can't think of a single figure that could command the same price as General Grievous. Maybe Scrap Iron's rocket launcher would drive him up $15-20 past Zartan. Snow Serpents and Eels maybe? Doubt it. I don't think they're really that much more complex than a Viper.

I think it will be stuff like ever better detail on the everything about the figures from paint, sculpts, bodies, accessories, etc that will do this with GI Joe. As long as they continue to improve paying more won't drive me nuts.

Well, cheap probably isn't the right way to word it. I think the term that was more used was gateway into collecting. Due to statues, pf, busts, etc all be more expensive. People would use these to get into collecting stay with it some but maybe move up the scale so to speal. Now, not so much when you have so many 1:6th figures hovering or above the $200 mark or something like Iron Man Mark IV with Gantry at $500 or what I imagine the Iron Monger will cost at $400-500. The game has changed but then again what we're getting is also better IMO.

much, much better.....I only started collecting in 09 and I look at some of the older stuff and say "people actually bought that crap".....but at that time it was pretty good....now some of the stuff that is coming out in 1/6 is just simply mind blowing.

Back