SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the scar. Flint and Dusty have one as well. Not sure on stalker. I think it is more of a homage to the original GIJoe with the facial scar than ROC.

I know it was on the original Joe but in 2009 ROC, Resolute, and SSC all elected to give Duke the exact same homage. Just the fact that they were on the same page with ROC made it a little hard to stomach.

Never saw ROC and not going to let it ruin what I like.

Anyway, with the smirk, I think Zartan looks a bit like a younger Mickey Rourke.

Well, this is an automatic buy for me and looks pretty damn awesome all the way around. . .but, the hood looks a little strange somehow. Don't know if it's the color or the material or what. Kind of a weird exclusive, but pretty cool that you could use it as a switch-out for Duke's stock head. And no complaints because he comes with the mask and bow, which were both potential exclusives.

zartan and rock n roll ordered this morning and just got an email from sideshow telling me i won the dig copperhead from hot toys not sure if it gets any better than this. anyone know the story behind this copperhead? comic, movie...?

The paintwork is fantastic.

Wow Zartan turned out freaking awesome!! The new sculpted arms and neck look great! And the paint work it just awesome!

love the paint work on the overall figure. Both Ex ordered today.

That said... best 1:6 Sideshow figure ever.

:rock

Thanks guys. I thought of all my fellow Freaks while painting this, and wanted to achieve something that would blow your minds. Success feels really good after all that work. Zartan was a pleasure to paint.

Last edited:
I hope you're right, but the bearded guy is a mask (fit's in pack), seems there's some way of switching the faces on Zartan.

Besides that, the mask isn't shown without the hood.

Haven't read through all the posts yet, so I don't know if this has been answered, but you can see in the video Sideshow posted that the mask fits right over Zartan's face.

I thought IrishJedi and Silentsurfer had inside knowledge that SSC was going to have one (Swamp Ski) made for Zartan. :(

I only said I wouldn't be surprised if one came out cause Sideshow is fully capable of making one now, but I have no knowledge of one being in the works.

Well, this is an automatic buy for me and looks pretty damn awesome all the way around. . .but, the hood looks a little strange somehow. Don't know if it's the color or the material or what. Kind of a weird exclusive, but pretty cool that you could use it as a switch-out for Duke's stock head. And no complaints because he comes with the mask and bow, which were both potential exclusives.

On the hood, is it that it is a little too rounded looking and doesn't have a little bit of a point to it above the forehead?

GI_Joe_Filecard_Zartan.JPG

GI%20Joe%20Fint%20vs%20Zartan%200008.jpg

well, even getting Zartan, you're STILL in the realm of just getting Ninjas.[/QUOTE]

Good point, he very much plays a role in the Ninja storyline. Even more reason to get him now!

I look at figures like Zartan, Rock-n-Roll, Beachhead, Momaw Nadon, Captain Rex and Commander Cody (along with others...make no mistake) and it makes me wonder just how in the Hell anyone who will be tasked with doing so will possibly be able to choose a "best Figure of the Year".

Those are all amazing, and Zartan even blows my mind all built up, but I don't think we've seen best figure of the year yet.

wow....Zartan looks great........love the muscle arms....we got the compound bow and a new sniper rifle but we got the old laser hand gun

They included that as an homage to the original Hasbro figure kind of like Bib Fortuna's staff.

That's wishful thinking Josh... these are just Nathan's paints.

Correct.

Ah. They reminded me of the head on the German Solider PF that type of resin which was production at least years Con. Thought these might be as well.

Back