SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think there could be such a thing as material that could not be dyed, Zartan's hood is just that.

I tried 2 dye sessions with a dark brown liquid dye - 30 mins each...the hood is still very red, not quite as bright red, just close to the photos on the box.

Anyone else try a dye that DID work?

wierd!!!!!!

IMG_8559_zpse222985c.jpg

IMG_8560_zps3eb4007c.jpg

IMG_8561_zpscdb16bc7.jpg

IMG_8562_zpsf32bc418.jpg

IMG_8563_zps68793a92.jpg

IMG_8564_zpsefccba14.jpg

IMG_8565_zps4c30d32f.jpg

IMG_8566_zps4191950d.jpg

IMG_8567_zps92937b02.jpg

IMG_8568_zps62712676.jpg

IMG_8569_zps5f45f287.jpg

IMG_8570_zpsf6e78376.jpg

Ski

Christmas present from my Fiance...

shes amazing!
gonna add a Blade Trinity folded bow/quiver (the arrow clips on his bow are a pain in the ***!) & might make a new hood so i can dye that & his pants dark brown or possibly black... dont mind the undershirt, think i will keep it as im not so so keen on the bare midrift.
anyways, super happy right now!

Last edited:
Christmas present from my Fiance...

shes amazing!
gonna add a Blade Trinity folded bow/quiver (the arrow clips on his bow are a pain in the ***!) & might make a new hood so i can dye that & his pants dark brown or possibly black... dont mind the undershirt, think i will keep it as im not so so keen on the bare midrift.
anyways, super happy right now!

Looks amazing, congrats. :clap

Im off to visit my parents on the first for a couple days & they live by the beach + theres a stream & some woods nearby so expect some awesome shots soon!
Plan on taking my joes & a couple cobra down...

Im off to visit my parents on the first for a couple days & they live by the beach + theres a stream & some woods nearby so expect some awesome shots soon!
Plan on taking my joes & a couple cobra down...

Can't wait to see what you create man!!!!

Congrats on both accounts (the lady and the figure!), Ross SC! Zartan is a great figure, he's my first Joe -- both in 1/6 and 3.75" scales!

Speaking of both scales, that comparison shot of the blaster is really cool! :)

Hi Guys, This is my 1st post here. I've done a basic search and not found any a precise answer. I just got the SS Zartan, great figure although I can't work out what's the deal with the knees? I noticed some previous posts about a rubber knee but it doesn't mention if this is poseable. I carefully removed his trousers to see and it looks like the knee is built to bend but doesn't move or have any locking movement. Can the figure be posed in a kneeling position? or is it stuck in a "Left leg forward" position? I know previous figures have had a ratchet motion which was upgraded to this but I just can't see how it actually pivots. Cheers!

Hi Guys, This is my 1st post here. I've done a basic search and not found any a precise answer. I just got the SS Zartan, great figure although I can't work out what's the deal with the knees? I noticed some previous posts about a rubber knee but it doesn't mention if this is poseable. I carefully removed his trousers to see and it looks like the knee is built to bend but doesn't move or have any locking movement. Can the figure be posed in a kneeling position? or is it stuck in a "Left leg forward" position? I know previous figures have had a ratchet motion which was upgraded to this but I just can't see how it actually pivots. Cheers!

Hey Graham, nice to see someone else from these shores on here!
if you keep pushing back his knee will lock into a fully bent position, but it only locks in fully straight or fully bent position... how was yours out of the box? i tried adjusting the straps on his armour & the gray shoulder strap came unglued... pretty much everything figure i have has something that comes unglued!

The original pro knees (once the kinks were worked out) were fine, with decent fluid movement.

Then SS when to ratchet knees which made posing awkward and the figures would not stand right with some boots like the Cobra Trooper boots.

Then they went to some some funky rubber knees that are awful.

But that is Sideshow in a nutshell.

Swap out the body with a HT TMM19 and call it a day.

The original pro knees (once the kinks were worked out) were fine, with decent fluid movement.

Then SS when to ratchet knees which made posing awkward and the figures would not stand right with some boots like the Cobra Trooper boots.

Then they went to some some funky rubber knees that are awful.

But that is Sideshow in a nutshell.

Swap out the body with a HT TMM19 and call it a day.

That being said I think even the newbs here like myself could do a better job than SSC! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory hood is soooo bad I can't find words to express it...
This and awful body are the only serious issues.

Hey Graham, nice to see someone else from these shores on here!
if you keep pushing back his knee will lock into a fully bent position, but it only locks in fully straight or fully bent position... how was yours out of the box? i tried adjusting the straps on his armour & the gray shoulder strap came unglued... pretty much everything figure i have has something that comes unglued!

Ah right!, I just stripped the figure down again and carefully tried bending the knee back, I got stress marks in the plastic before anything actually "locked", I can see where the joint is suposed to maybe swivel but there's very little actual movement. Could it be that the joints have locked? It doesn't look like anything is broken or has been glued (I bought the figure from a collector that had only ever had it on display),

It's in near new condition! I have the Snake Eyes with Timber pack which seems to have really nice ratchety knees, seems to be a huge difference in the legs atleast between those 2 figures?

I've spent half an hour getting the figure looking a bit neater, got the 2nd belt to hang nicely with the Han Solo style lowslung holster, all seems nice, I can see what you mean about things coming unstuck easily though :)

Back