SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely try to stay calm til Tuesday when it comes but I'm not to optimistic on it just being fine lol

I'm shocked only one person posted pix. It didn't look plastic in the SS Live video though.

My brothers all wanting me to tape off all the colors and respray it. I'm like uh no. I have skills but still no. The fact all the lions break up do make that easier but it would need prep and extreme patience.

I do not plan to return it but maybe just maybe whoever did my BD was better. I'm not sure where and how they paint these but I'm guessing they hand out pix of one to copy. I have to expect SS signs off on these before mass production but clearly an idiot approved and thought up the thigh line outlining. I'd be overly tempted to fix that idiot idea.

Looking back at those pix the blue lion looks fine, red lion is ok, green lion not too bad but should be better, yellow lion is crappy, black lion chest looks plasticy and the thighs in one pic suck but look ok in one due to the flash hiding the outline.

The face is tough to say thought. Ok 2 days left. Maybe I'll drag it on the road and fix it up. Next time ditch the BD if you can do it right. BD on yellow line n should be scraped not eye liner.

I will say more than half of it is made of some sort of plastic. Everyone that has walked in and seen it has not been impressed and told me I should send it back :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you compare them from a distance they look almost the same, for me.

IMG_7684.jpg

Hmm well I hope it looks good when I get it. Like to see about 4-5 peoples pix. Wierd only one so far.

I'm sorry what's that even mean? They don't care about the pics posted here or doesn't mind getting their photo taken.

Until someone else posts pix or I get mine tomorrow I'll go by what's posted.

While I don't have a huge issue overall I do have a few, mainly that red piece and the battle damage mainly the yellow lion. Give it some damn metal scrapes idiots or make him look brand new.

I definitely would not mind a sparkly new one. If the do the lions split I'm hoping they do better or and original needs no BD.

He meant a member on Statue Forums, not here. Theres some new pics posted over there and the guy seems pretty happy with it. The pics dont look too different though. I suspect if you take a few steps back and judge it, it will probably look alright. Focus in on the weathering and its still gonna look bad. Im more curious to know if he's gonna look like a big metal robot or a cheap plastic one.

I can't see his pix. I am registered but his pix are just links for me that go nowhere. Boooo

He meant a member on Statue Forums, not here. Theres some new pics posted over there and the guy seems pretty happy with it. The pics dont look too different though. I suspect if you take a few steps back and judge it, it will probably look alright. Focus in on the weathering and its still gonna look bad. Im more curious to know if he's gonna look like a big metal robot or a cheap plastic one.

Yes sorry was suppose to be Statue Forum.

Hey that was my post in the statue forum. I tried to post some photos here but didn't figure out how to do it through my phone.

Seriously I'm very happy and satisfied. I was worry after I saw some one posted some bad painted app to this statue earlier. Luckily, mine arrived safe and beautiful. I won't say the paint is perfect, but mine looks good and very different that the earlier bad paint post.

Good luck to everyone who is getting it, you won't regret.

Tried looking on the statue forum but couldn't get them to work since I had to register to even get into the thread, and they must still limit my viewing access. I guess we just have to wait one more day for the masses to receive theirs.

i've got my fingers crossed it gets better, but not expecting more than what mr zero already posted as that's what the pics SS have shown on their production shots... which is very disappointing.

Ok so these pix look very promising. I still do not like the Yellow Lions marks but the chest looks far better in these pix. Even the thighs are less outlived looking.

FS I thought you said Tuesday like mine.

Back