SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Voltron: Defenders of the Universe Maquette

Can get two pfs instead.

That basically captures price creep. That used to be 3pfs just a short time ago. The price is above my threshold but congrats to those getting one.

Plus the $125 in rewards you get is really nice...

As pointed out on the other forum, a bump in reward points doesnt really mean much if theyre doubling the price of their statues lol. sneaky sneaky

Sounds like my shelves. Custom, I'm assuming?

No but that was my plan and a few more statues may cause renovations before I even get my flooring in and these current shelves filled. I only started buy these PFs last month and have 6 now. The Storm Trooper, Fett will be here Wednesday which I won't bother opening go till the following week, Vader, Ren, NO Trooper and now Voltron.

I had originally bought the Billy's with the glass shelving because I had purchased trooper, heavy gunner, tie pilot, snow officer. Some Sideshow Star Wars including a few Scouts and a bike etc. then these came in my life so I went with this.

Komolement Shelves. They are 96 1/2 x 29 1/2 x 22 7/8 I think they were around $155 each and the shelves I got 2 for each are $15ish. I already bought the slim LED lights that you can set to on or motion. The fit perfect at the edge and stay out of the way. I don't like to put them on the shelves in case I have to clean and take stuff down but I'm going to find a way around that, I thought Velcro since they are so light but not sure if that will look ok.

Eh I even thought about track lighting shining down at them instead. Tough choices. I've had to redo constantly with all these shelve including my Detolfs it's a circus.

I am willing to bet after this guy, some where down the line, a classic version will come about.

Up until now all there was were the toys and a pair of bookends. I would be surprised if there is. Voltron isnt a mega property thats gonna get a lot of attention

I've never really seen anything that looks like the cartoon except the jumbo one. I guess making the lions legs vanish during the forming of Voltron kind of makes it hard to make an accurate toy. It's like it needs a body cover for robot form to hide the legs.

I'd prolly but it too.

Up until now all there was were the toys and a pair of bookends. I would be surprised if there is. Voltron isnt a mega property thats gonna get a lot of attention

Yea...that is why I am so disappointed in seeing this version.
Been looking for a Voltron for some time now. Finally thought I could add one to the collection...nope. :(

As pointed out on the other forum, a bump in reward points doesnt really mean much if theyre doubling the price of their statues lol. sneaky sneaky

lol, I use any points I have right away these days...they literally lose value with every announcement!

I was super disappointed when I first saw it unpainted, seemed a little too far away from the original. But painted I think it translated much better. I dont mind if the statue evolves a little as long as it evokes the same feelings. What kills me is the price though... I dont see much more SS in my future. Im only getting this cuz I've got only 1 other preorder for next year. Prob gonna stay that way now lol.

lol, I use any points I have right away these days...they literally lose value with every announcement!

:exactly: :lol

Anyone else watching the Netflix series? 2nd episode in. It's really good so far.

The new series in actually enjoying a lot. Animation reminds me a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else watching the Netflix series? 2nd episode in. It's really good so far.

Just finished the first episode. Really liked it. I do miss Peter Cullen's intro but I can watch the old series to get that. On to the 2nd episode.

Just finished the first episode. Really liked it. I do miss Peter Cullen's intro but I can watch the old series to get that. On to the 2nd episode.

Loved Episode 1....Makes me want this piece now. :lol

For $1250 I would've wanted Voltron's head at least 27".

comps_zpscthykjaf.jpg

The r and d in this piece and detail is prob a huge gap between those pieces. Honestly, I would have loved to see this piece without light up features for under a grand. I may have taken the plunge. I don't really need them and don't use em much anyway.

Back