SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's definitely a production version of Obi. He looks much more plasticy than the proto and the eyes are sloppy factory. The eyes don't even look as good as typical factory paint actually.

I was able to pull a lot of likeness out of this head and put a lot of life into the eyes, but it's now missing a lot of that in production. I wonder if my proto will be used on the order page...

Silent surfer, the original teaser shot, his hand and the lit saber look to be fused, is that how they did the lights? It looks really.... Bad.

I dunno about this one. Kinda looks like the Ewan, kinda. Looks a bit more like how Medicom "stylise" their characters, eyes aren't right and it doesn't have the cool texture to the skin and the natural blemishes on the skin that HT get so right.

I don't like the idea of the light up Saber being permanently attached to the hand (well assuming it is). Every other character so far that has had a Lightsaber done by SSC hasn't had this and I don't want it to start now.

I'll wait for more pics, there doesn't seem to be many so far.

Looks a lot like Ewan to me.

You're not alone pix. I see Ewan in the sculpt now too withe latest pics. I think the expression may be what's throwing ppl off. I feel the same about the Avengers Cap maskless sculpt. Looks a lot like Evans to me but lots of folks don't see Evans at all.

Damn, I was quite into getting this one. But after seeing these I'm picking up bits of McGreggor, but not enough. And now I've seen it next to Will Ferrel I can't get that image out of my head!

After seeing the new images from Rebelscum, I am beginning to see more of Kenobi's likeness in the sculpt....

Full credit to the chosen expression, this is most fitting to pose Ben facing off with Maul!:clap

to me,this stern headsculpt reminds me of the naboo hanger scene where he faces off against the battle droids whilst freeing the pilots.

I want to know more about the "light-up" saber. It will not be a deal-breaker for me, but I really hope it is a completely separate option.

If it really even exists. I have seen nothing that completely convinces me of that, yet.

I hope Sideshow includes BOTH headsculpts - the more neutral "preview" one and the SDCC display one.

....and if that saber "lights up" (please don't) I hope there's an option to remove that hand and not have the saber permanently on the figure....

When's this up for PO anyway?

I'm sure there's a con picture of him with a saber that isn't lit up, and it looks like your usual standard plastic blade. Only you can't see his hand so i'm not 100% sure. But my guess would be we are getting a light up and non light up saber.

If we are getting 2 headsculpts, a light up saber and a standard saber, this will be quite the release. It's a shame the likeness isn't there. :(

Looks great side-on

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

Looks pretty good here too

IMG_6164.JPG

It's growing on me!

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great side-on

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

Looks pretty good here too

IMG_6164.JPG

It's growing on me!

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG
Yeah...I'm definitely looking forward to adding a couple of these to my collection. I do wish the presenters setting up the displays were more clear on a standard saber in addition to the light-up version. The way they have the cloak "covering" his arm is killing everyone :lol

Maybe someone who knows, or perhaps Sideshow, will throw us a bone and settle this definitively...that is until we can find something else to antagonize ourselves about. :panic:

Back