1/6 SSC Thor Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Periodically, sideshow puts up codes, for example the spooktacular, that you can save, however they typically only count for items that don't sell well. Otherwise you can get them when you order an item from them, usually for $20 off any purchase, the last 3 figures I've received from sideshow have not had these codes though. So that is hit and miss, plus I think you are only allowed so many of those. So last spring I had 4 or 5, but it wouldn't let me redeem the last couple.

I don't know if it makes much difference anyway, I paid full price for Dr. Strange and was charged $10 for shipping, I used codes for yoda and Luke Skywalker and was charged $19 for each.

Thanks. My AOS Ghost Rider should be here on Monday, hopefully it has a code with it.

Also, if I remember right, you can't combine the codes. For example, I had a few figures show up recently, ordered direct from SSC, and they all came with a $20 code. But I can't combine the codes on a single purchase and get $80 off, for example...

Has Sideshow announced a delay on this guy? Their website is still showing an April release.

Yeah my last flex pay is May 5th so I haven’t gotten any thing to contradict this ?
Looking forward to him
I do hope he has some size to him and be “Thor god of thunder “ like in stature and size

sscThor.jpg

Have this figure on order basically for the Frog of Thunder. Hopefully I will be able to sell everything else for not much of a loss.

SS Thor.jpg

:(

Glad I never PO'd this.... Oh Sideshow.... Looks terrible next to prototype. Hopefully it's just a bad pic. Will wait to see more, but that is uninspiring to say the least.

Head appears oversized. Makes the body look extra tiny.
The whole pic looks a little stretched vertically. I think it looks ok. I have it on order but I'm not thrilled by what i see so far in these pics, which is unfortunate. Its just the bad face and hair. Hopefully itll be better in hand. I dont have an issue with the body or outfit yet.

Head looks too big and legs look way too skinny. Chrome finish on helmet didn’t come out great either. Maybe a Phicen body can save this if the legs fit in the pants.

Head appears oversized. Makes the body look extra tiny.
So what else is new... :lol
The head is also colored differently from the body.

P.S.
it's a bad photo tho.
There's a lot of lens distortion goin' on so who knows what else got ****ed.
I'd suggest to wait for better photos.

No offense to Sardo, but I'm hoping it's just the pics making him appear like that. I don't even collect 1/6 comic versions of characters, but I was so tempted to jump on this because the proto looked better than any of their comic characters so far IMO

P.S.
it's a bad photo tho.
There's a lot of lens distortion goin' on so who knows what else got ****ed.
It'd suggest to wait for better photos.

Photo doesn’t seem to be the best quality but none of the background figures look bad at all. We’ll see for certain when more in-hand photos show up but I’m guessing the figure itself is contributing more to this looking subpar than the quality of the photo is.

Looks like the kind of figure I'll be able to pick up for less on the aftermarket. Which is exactly what I plan on doing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No offense to Sardo, but I'm hoping it's just the pics making him appear like that. I don't even collect 1/6 comic versions of characters, but I was so tempted to jump on this because the proto looked better than any of their comic characters so far IMO

Wolverine was a figure that looked just ok in pics but quite a few enjoyed the figure in hand apparently, i hope its the same here. I just wanted a thor that was closer to the comics.

The first hot toys thor is my only thor thus far. As the MCU has gone forward, they have really strayed from the comic thor. So i was hoping this might fill that gap. What i really think would be cool is a translucsent spinning mjolnir. I'm a little surprised we've never seen that.

The main concern to me is that the shirt looks like cloth in the proto but the FB pic looks pleather. What are the chances it peels over time if I am right?

Back