1/6 SSC Thor Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I never noticed the price. 250? I thought it was going to be more of a flat 200 but then again that is still pretty pricey.

cost.... .50 cents to make
Pretty much. I can make a better lookin' one for $1. :lol

__

Anyway, to illustrate how it could look with proper fur, cape and belt.
*ignore the beard, it's just something I really wanted*

76576583386_zpsh2cc3l8i.jpg

as trivial as it is, had this been the bearded variety of Thor, like the Simonson Thor, I would have considered it. i'd also be very interested to see what a SS Beta Ray Bill would look like.

Sideshow is insane with their pricing. Figure looks good but not $250 good especially once the production figures are out

That Schwarzenegger rip-off headsculpt. Shameless Sideshow. :lol

Other than that, everything seems finely crafted but god, does it look like a generic viking... I don't know.

And why don't they show a front view without the fur?!

I definitely can see Arnie on that headsculpt. Too barebone, I think they should include lightning effect.

And the size... I just realized that it's listed as 12 inches high. Even comic Thor is typically depicted as taller than most other human heroes. I'm a little surprised by that, considering the work that went into making sure Wolverine was noticeable shorter than the others...

Well, hopefully they'll make a few changes as its a year out and this is a prototype... One can hope.. I too am still holding out for a pre-order. As much as I want this, it's hard to justify the price. At least Wolverine came with a 2nd head sculpt, unworn mask, and 4 additional arms. And people were upset about his price. He's a bargain compared to Thor... :(

Jesus, what a suck-fest. Thor's been around as a Marvel comic book hero for 55 years, but instead of producing a figure based on one of his many published looks, Sideshow gives us their own "interpretation". And slaps a $250 price tag on it. What a joke. At least Mezco's "flaired-up" figures are a lower-end $80 product (though I won't buy those either). It's hilarious how badly they've handled the DC and Marvel 1:6 licenses.

I'd actually buy this figure if it was less than $200.
And after readin' all the feedback... maybe I will. :lol
*can't buy from Sideshow so no reward points, just in case*

Back