Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just surf on the internet, people have said pretty bad thing about the PF. Well, I hope this is "really" the case. Following most scholars in Ethics, human are selfish, if one wants something and the product is limited, one is going to say, "It sucks." While at the same time they pre-order 5-10 boxes.

Honesty is a great virtue. I for one love the first impression of the PF (I just not a big fans of a destroyer, I love the comic version more, maybe it is because I have seen the movie yet). When people saying the pose and every other thing of the PF sucks, as a critic, I have to ask, base on what?

When I say I love the PF, the belief is not justified by the statue, (we have very little information about the statue, I really cannot see how one can give a fair comment to a statue base on one half size photo) well I have waited long to pre-order one PF "first hand" and I love most Marvel Movies. (Including those that most people think is bad like Hulk or DD) As a result, I would love to pre-order it no matter how.

It is just my 2 cents, love or hate does not exhibit propositional attitude, there is no right or wrong on it. What makes me feel sick are those hypocrites who on the one hand keep denouncing something while on the other hand just keep hoping through that they could benefit.

Haters be hating because it's not comic Thor and that is the main reason. It was the same feelings over the Iron Man 2 Maquettes!

Some people here don't realize that the movies draw a huge amount of fans including myself into the comics and wouldn't of other wise been interested at all.

Destroyer will be a Grail for sure but one I'm passing on because I don't collect marvel villains and have no space.

There will always be folks hating on a piece...even when ONLY one picture that doesn't even show the entire statue is shown. Right now it would be impossible to say it totally sucks or rocks...unless your a HUGE Thor fan in which case it's WIN! I will be purchasing both and can say that cause I'm a one of the previously mentioned people. :yess: Plus the movie ONLY further made me want statues relating to it.

Ok, we dont need a reason to hate something. A reason just helps you to rationalize yourself. What I dislike are those who keep saying, "It sucks" while keep waiting in front of the computer to wait for the pre-order.

Rnbuda you are right, Movie is an industry with more audience and thats why to me IM movie is far better than IM comics.

fbo, I dont have place to display the destroyer if it is the one showing with IM 1:2. But, in case it cost less that $600 I will consider to buy that and put that on my roof in the box. (The roof has a small assemble house which in summer is hot like hell.)

Haters be hating because it's not comic Thor and that is the main reason. It was the same feelings over the Iron Man 2 Maquettes!

Some people here don't realize that the movies draw a huge amount of fans including myself into the comics and wouldn't of other wise been interested at all.

Destroyer will be a Grail for sure but one I'm passing on because I don't collect marvel villains and have no space.

Yeah that's what i'm reading as well. I also saw someone on another forum saying this looks nothing like Chris Hemsworth. :cuckoo: :rotfl

Ok, we dont need a reason to hate something. A reason just helps you to rationalize yourself. What I dislike are those who keep saying, "It sucks" while keep waiting in front of the computer to wait for the pre-order.

nobody does that now. most items take days, weeks or months to sell out

I guess most people who are rooted in being comic fans don't like the movie versions because the actors end up looking goofy to them in the costumes and that the movie has 'bastardized' the character. There's always going to be a division between comic fans who are accepting of movie interpretations and comic fans who despise them.

I think Iron Man should be the least affected by it though. It's a suit of armor. You don't see the dude's face until the faceplate goes up. I guess there's also that factor of making something look realistic though. Even the most recent designs in the comics seem to have taken their inspiration from the movie armors. Ahhh whatever I'm going to stop now :lol

I'm liking this Thor and I want to put him together with my Mark VI and the eventual Cap but I still don't know. :monkey2

I guess most people who are rooted in being comic fans don't like the movie versions because the actors end up looking goofy to them in the costumes and that the movie has 'bastardized' the character. There's always going to be a division between comic fans who are accepting of movie interpretations and comic fans who despise them.

I think Iron Man should be the least affected by it though. It's a suit of armor. You don't see the dude's face until the faceplate goes up. I guess there's also that factor of making something look realistic though. Even the most recent designs in the comics seem to have taken their inspiration from the movie armors. Ahhh whatever I'm going to stop now :lol

I'm liking this Thor and I want to put him together with my Mark VI and the eventual Cap but I still don't know. :monkey2

:goodpost: So far the only movie version I liked a fair bit was Iron Man. Half the time they also get the likeness wrong. Thor's costume does looks decent from the film.

I dont hate SS products (per say)...I hate their quality control. Which has turned me off from their products. But I will admit both of these sculpts look pretty good. Weather they get delivered to your house looking like that is a shot in the dark.

Chris

Right thats what I've seen as far as the few people not liking it. If those people really want just old school comic based pieces there are plenty of them out there.

Agreed. The movies bring new folks in or reignite the fire in others (like myself) to read comics again.

Yeah that's what i'm reading as well. I also saw someone on another forum saying this looks nothing like Chris Hemsworth. :cuckoo: :rotfl

The likeness issues people are trying to come up with crack me up. This sculpt for me personally is dead on to the actor playing the role.

The likeness issues people are trying to come up with crack me up. This sculpt for me personally is dead on to the actor playing the role.

I've seen the film twice and used to watch him everyday on Home & Away (yeah don't laugh :lol ) and this PF looks like him.

I've seen the film twice and used to watch him everyday on Home & Away (yeah don't laugh :lol ) and this PF looks like him.

Agreed! Its a great looking piece just from what we can see in this preview. Now, just gotta get it ordered and in line to get into the collection.

Agreed! Its a great looking piece just from what we can see in this preview. Now, just gotta get it ordered and in line to get into the collection.

What time do the pictures normally go up on Tuesday?

Considering Destroyer's apparent size in the picture where he is next to the Iron Man Maquette that retails for $1950 I would be floored if he was anywhere in the ballpark of $500-700. :dunno

Thursday should be quite an interesting day :lecture

Considering Destroyer's apparent size in the picture where he is next to the Iron Man Maquette that retails for $1950 I would be floored if he was anywhere in the ballpark of $500-700. :dunno

Thursday should be quite an interesting day :lecture

True but we don't know if that's how big this or if they've scaled it down.

True but we don't know if that's how big this or if they've scaled it down.

Right and I don't think we're getting the one thats mega sized in the pic. Just don't think there is a market for that kind of thing where there is with Iron Man.

Watch Destroyer be like 16" tall :rotfl

Chris

:lol

I'd be shocked if they scaled him down considerably. Is that a normal occurrence in the hobby or by SSC specifically - to market a piece as 1 size then sell it publicly as something vastly different?

Back