SSC The Flash 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still hoping to see this figure. This is probably my most wanted character in 1/6 form. I've been waiting forever for a 1/6 Flash. I think we'll still get him, but I have no idea when Sideshow are going to put him up for preorder.

The fact he was MIA at comic con is concerning, but then again, Wolverine was shown last year too and yet the Punisher is going up for pre-order before either Flash or Wolverine. So who knows what is going on at this point.

i think they are either : A/ having a complete rethink or B/ they are done

I'm hoping for A. This line could still be awesome. All the bat family figures thus far have been home runs.

I'm hoping for A. This line could still be awesome. All the bat family figures thus far have been home runs.

I don't know much about licensing, but I'd imagine they paid DC to obtain the rights to do this, or signed a contract for a certain amount of time and to do so many releases within that period. I highly doubt they would be able to just stop at 7 figures and call it a day with the entire license. Plus, I figure their Batman related 1/6 figures are selling well, as they are all mostly sold out now and didn't linger that long after release. I imagine we will still see this figure, I just think they are retooling him and I'm not giving up hope on it until they officially state he's cancelled.

B/ they are done. Typical Sideshow M.O.

The line is not over yet. This reply from SSAlex was posted on the Statue Forum:

More DC Sixth Scale pieces are in the works. I'm not at liberty to disclose exactly what characters they are though at this time.

Hopefully HT will make a Flash from the movie that is coming out in March 2018.

well i only know about dc stuff because of the cartoons but it would be cool to see a big fig like mongul or darkseid maybe attrocitus or larfleeze maybe?

but whats really gonna happen is they are gonna make another green lantern thats the same as hal jordan just its john stewert

or another batman or another superman

Hopefully HT will make a Flash from the movie that is coming out in March 2018.

I'd say that one gets made. I would love this one to come out too though. I'm a huge Flash fan, and it's crazy to me there's still no 1/6 figure of him out there. I wouldn't mind having this comic one, a tv show one, and the movie one on a shelf one day. I had a ton of Batmans and Supermans, I would love to have some Flash figures as well.

I'd say that one gets made. I would love this one to come out too though. I'm a huge Flash fan, and it's crazy to me there's still no 1/6 figure of him out there. I wouldn't mind having this comic one, a tv show one, and the movie one on a shelf one day. I had a ton of Batmans and Supermans, I would love to have some Flash figures as well.

The crazy thing is that the Flash prototype (I though) looked great – I didn't love the material of the suit, but it was nowhere near as bad as the GL figure – and the gold boots, lightning etc. looked really nice. Great sculpt too. Whilst I was/still am really critical of the GL figure - so much so I passed on him - I would have picked up the SSC Flash.
Suppose i'll have to wait for the HT Justice League figure (fingers crossed).

The crazy thing is that the Flash prototype (I though) looked great – I didn't love the material of the suit, but it was nowhere near as bad as the GL figure – and the gold boots, lightning etc. looked really nice. Great sculpt too. Whilst I was/still am really critical of the GL figure - so much so I passed on him - I would have picked up the SSC Flash.
Suppose i'll have to wait for the HT Justice League figure (fingers crossed).

I agree on the proto thoughts. I personally loved the prototype on the Sideshow Flash. That's why I'm still holding out hope we see the figure. I've had my gripes with the Sideshow DC line, but so far I've been overall pleased and want the line to thrive. There's just so many characters I want in 1/6 form and I think this line is my best option to get. I have my gripes on the GL figure, but more to do with the lack of accessories than the suit itself. I still plan on grabbing him though, I just haven't decided if I'm going to wait for a promo code or what yet. He's the first in the DC line I didn't preorder, and I will most likely wait to see him in hand before pulling the trigger on him.

I agree on the proto thoughts. I personally loved the prototype on the Sideshow Flash. That's why I'm still holding out hope we see the figure. I've had my gripes with the Sideshow DC line, but so far I've been overall pleased and want the line to thrive. There's just so many characters I want in 1/6 form and I think this line is my best option to get. I have my gripes on the GL figure, but more to do with the lack of accessories than the suit itself. I still plan on grabbing him though, I just haven't decided if I'm going to wait for a promo code or what yet. He's the first in the DC line I didn't preorder, and I will most likely wait to see him in hand before pulling the trigger on him.

I've been very vocal about my dislike for the Green Lantern figure - and the price, but the other DC figures have been great in my opinion, I love my Batman and Joker figures so was hoping the Flash would come out and I could kitbash a decent GL.

Back