SSC The Flash 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing! Hopefully on par with that last Batman release and not a fail like the recent Captain America. For those that prefer the gold over the yellow it looks like it should be an easy fix for even the most beginner customizer, just a flat gold repaint of a few scant parts. Now hopefully we see new versions of Superman and Green Lantern!

I'm hoping the same. An extended line of comic book DC heroes and villains.

I know these are too simplistic for some and not to everyones tastes but I loved the last Batman and can't wait for this figure and the Joker to join him.

I like the new suit but I am hoping they do a better job of matching the color of the suit to the rest. I would also like to see a little more muscular arms but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Still pre-ordering day one though.

Same here. I would prefer a more muscular, comic book look to the body. Overall the classic look of the costume is better than I had expected.

I prefer the white eyes so I’m gonna have to get the EX.

The figure is pretty much exactly in line with all of SSC's recent 1/6 releases, so you're either on board with that or you're not.

I own a few Sideshow figures (the old Gotham Knight Batman, Wolverine, and the most recent Batman). The improvements from figure to figure have been obvious, and frankly the most recent Batman is my favourite Batman figure, beating out even my Hot Toys. The costume, from a construction point of view, is basically perfect.

All I wanted from this figure was for it to be made that same way, and it clearly has been. That looks like an essentially identical bodysuit, just tailored for a slimmer body and with different detailing. Having the Batman figure in hand, I have no concerns about how the bodysuit will look.

I also like that they switched to the sculpted lightning rather than the printed stuff from the original prototype. Yeah, I would have preferred a metallic look, but it works. The headsculpt is fabulous and is going to look perfectly in line with Batman.

When I bought the Gotham Knight figure I definitely understood why SSC got some flack. The body was weirdly shaped, the briefs were a pleather diaper, the joints were loose. I still loved the design of the figure despite its flaws. Wolverine was a serious improvement with a great outfit and several sets of well sculpted arms, but the paint application wasn't ideal there were some articulation failures.

The recent Batman was excellent out of the box. Best headsculpt of the lot, improved costume tailoring, and a drastically improved body.

At this stage, a Justice League baseball in that style is all I want, and a Flash most of all. That makes this a day one pre order from me. Also, the fact that SSC has been gradually addressing issues with their previous 1/6 figures makes me feel pretty positive about the future of the line.

Honestly, though, I probably would have bought it even if it was bad. The Flash is badly under-represented in the collectibles market.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Now that I've seen the full reveal this morning (thank you figures.com), I'm quite happy with what I see! Still lacking a little bit in muscularity but this may actually make me suspend my own kitbashed Flash that I was putting together (I may turn it into Reverse-Flash instead). Well done, Sideshow!

Same here. I would prefer a more muscular, comic book look to the body. Overall the classic look of the costume is better than I had expected.

I prefer the white eyes so I’m gonna have to get the EX.
Yeah, it looks like the same torso and legs as the recent Batman, but the arms appear to be skinnier. I understand why, but I think using the same arms would have been preferable.

Yeah, it looks like the same torso and legs as the recent Batman, but the arms appear to be skinnier. I understand why, but I think using the same arms would have been preferable.

I’ve been meaning to pick up the most recent Batman from SS because all the pics I’ve seen look great. Hopefully the production copy of Flash will come out just as well.

I’ve been meaning to pick up the most recent Batman from SS because all the pics I’ve seen look great. Hopefully the production copy of Flash will come out just as well.
The Batman is a killer figure, in my opinion. Only problem is a lack of accessories.

I like it. I really hope they use the same articulation as the ones used on the recent Batman body with ONE change. Please, make those elbows double-jointed. It is the only flaw in an otherwise perfectly articulated figure.

In the thumbs up picture his left elbow looks to be slightly less than a 90 degree angle, but it may just be the camera angle.

In the first photo, you can kinda see the elbow joint better, still not positive but does kinda look like double joint to me.

63e99fe01c8240b51720eb59bbd26e35.jpg

62c6ec428a591ad2ea9a746531afbd3e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really dig the yellow. The gold was nice, kinda reminded me of Alex Ross’ Flash, but I prefer that classic yellow.

That alternate sculpt just sold me on this. Sideshow seems to finally be improving the sculpts.

The face doesn't look long or weird. Don't get why some people say it looks awful. I get why some might not like it, but calling it awful is an overstatement.

Nobody’s bothered by the fact that the cowl’s colour doesn’t match the suit?
It's been mentioned a couple of times. I hope they fix it, but it won't stop me from buying.

Back