SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhh a home run? Most certainly not.

I don't know about great either.

Sure, Coco's and EF's look amazing due to their mods, but the figure out of the box still looks bad imo, and I'm trying my best to say it the nicest way possible given the sensibilities displayed :lol

I passed on it and I can't say I feel regret at all...

Now the PF, that's a unanimously called a home run.

I think most that own this figure, myself included, think the head sculpt is really nice. A great rendition of comic Supes.

View attachment 166220

The sculpt is really nice, specially the heat vision one, its the size of it that bugs me. I know a lot of people don't mind that, and that's cool. I could be wrong, but it appears the head size increased when they decided to use the separate eye thing.

Yeah, outa the box it has its faults although I never felt the sculpts were one of them. The initial reviews and pics really put this in a bad light but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box on this one. And would have been content with a stock figure had I not been able to do what I did.

Perhaps someone already posted this, but maybe Sideshow was attempting to do a 1:6 figure of Captain Sternn from Heavy Metal, but they screwed it up and decided to salvage it and call it Superman?

View attachment 166219

I see no problem with the SS head size, sculpt or paint.

Out of my 203 figures, he is one of my favorites.

superman_ss_01.jpg

That's because you embiggened the rest of the body :lol

You can't say it's not a big ass head.

Nah dude, he has a big head. That and the shorts are the only things that they f'ed up on. Other than that, I like this figure alot.

You guys be crAzy.

--

EVILFACE:

Is your figure "stock" out of the box or did you repaint it?

I've seen pictures online where it looks awful and some where it looks good (like yours).

I added some muscles and raised the belt loops. the rest is all stock sideshow....

But if you see some of Coco's early pics, other than the belt loops, the figure looks fine out of the box. Just requires some proper futzin' and posin'.

Mine arrived safe and sound. I'm happy with it, I agree the jaw line is a little exaggerated, but once you put him in a flight pose with the heat vision eyes sculpt, he's really a nice piece. I really love this comic version of him. I'm not much for customizing these figures, but if I had too, the trucks would definitely be the first thing I would swap out.

Joey.

Bar, her looks incredible. I do not know if that is what you were going for but the suit reminds me of the Fleischer. Thank you for sharing. The SSC head looks pretty good on the Man of Steel body.

Bar, her looks incredible. I do not know if that is what you were going for but the suit reminds me of the Fleischer. Thank you for sharing. The SSC head looks pretty good on the Man of Steel body.

Thanks. The suit in the pics above is the DC Direct on a TTM20.
And the mod is easy enough to do. It took me about an hour and a half.

Have you tried the LED with the heat effect SS did?

Not till now, lol.
Because i have filled the eyes with LEDs, the old red parts won't fit in. But i was able to blu tack them in place for a few pics.
If i did the LED mod intending to always keep these red parts, i could have just dremeled the eyes from the rear and lit the existing parts.
Here's roughly what it would look like. Just ignore the blu tack.

C5132611-D382-4C4A-A5AF-AD5865B704E0.jpg

3EE475C1-17CC-4D61-A6A9-2F60622DE58F.jpg

9FCF7C90-A929-4C2D-BB06-F46C7FF7164A.jpg

Back