SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s obvious Sideshow’s Superman has been a divisive topic for many reasons asides from the faulty head sculpt paint application and quality issues.

Why is the head sculpt faulty? Or what is wrong with the head sculpt paint? Mine is fine. Sure, it's not Hot Toys quality, but in my opinion, none of SSC's paint (for human faces) is at Hot Toys quality. Also, again maybe it's just mine, but I didn't have any QC issues of any kind.
As mentioned, questionable design, but I haven't had any quality issues...

Brother I get it. I too like to stay true to my own vision of what the heroes should look like. To me, it really matters what head you use. I learned from Tony Mei, who likes to use slightly smaller heads to give the appearance of a more buffed out body (See Batman Custom).
DSC04233_zpsbe59e421.jpg
[/URL]

AFM, your customs always amaze. I have thought about it and I cannot figure out how you converted the Barbie Wonder Woman head and outfit to a Cool Girls body. I know the bracelets and boots are from the 13" DC Direct WW but how did you get the head on that body? Thank you for sharing.

Why is the head sculpt faulty? Or what is wrong with the head sculpt paint? Mine is fine. Sure, it's not Hot Toys quality, but in my opinion, none of SSC's paint (for human faces) is at Hot Toys quality. Also, again maybe it's just mine, but I didn't have any QC issues of any kind.
As mentioned, questionable design, but I haven't had any quality issues...

I'm guessing he means the size of it.

It’s obvious Sideshow’s Superman has been a divisive topic for many reasons asides from the faulty head sculpt paint application and quality issues.

I'm guessing he means the size of it.

I read the paint app to be the presumed fault.
No idea how come, but that was my take on *what* was faulty on the head.

AFM, your customs always amaze. I have thought about it and I cannot figure out how you converted the Barbie Wonder Woman head and outfit to a Cool Girls body. I know the bracelets and boots are from the 13" DC Direct WW but how did you get the head on that body? Thank you for sharing.

Here's ya go brother.
Yahoo

go about 1/4 the way down and you'll see three pictures of how to do it.

AFM

Can somebody please post a picture of the superman and batman heads right next to eachother? :monkey3
The heat vision head for superman preferably....

No, I'm being sarcastic. Heaven forbid, anybody says anything negative in this forum. We are all adults here. If I post something I made, I expect it to be critiqued. It's up to me to choose to either fix it or ignore it.

This is so true.
And if you put it in public, just be prepared for comments. No need to always be defensive. Even though I think it's not a good kitbash, but all members here gave constructive criticism, nobody said bad things about it. Each to their own, and if anyone thinks your kitbash is bad, doesn't mean that they doesn't understand or get it. It means that you have different taste with them, and just deal with it.

This is so true.
And if you put it in public, just be prepared for comments. No need to always be defensive.

Another thing to always keep in mind is that you could read any comment in a positive, negative or neutral way.
I try and assume anyone is saying their comments in a neutral or positive way. Sometimes, it's harder not to read a comment in a negative way. And that might not be the way it was intended. And in that case, the intent might be easy to confuse.

I fail to see saying that my superman looked like a fat woman as good constructive crit. It was ment to be a low blow. That may be your view but not mine.

The ones that were giving constructive was only based on what people feel about the ht advanced muscle body. Verses peoples excitement over the batman body.

It's fine about that but others decided to take a bellow the belt approach which prompted me to call them drones. Because unless I follow what everyone else is doing that I'm a bad person.

I fail to see saying that my superman looked like a fat woman as good constructive crit. It was ment to be a low blow. That may be your view but not mine.

The ones that were giving constructive was only based on what people feel about the ht advanced muscle body. Verses peoples excitement over the batman body.

It's fine about that but others decided to take a bellow the belt approach which prompted me to call them drones. Because unless I follow what everyone else is doing that I'm a bad person.

You can always look at Username's comment (above you).
You could read any comment in a positive, negative, or neutral way.

I personally think it looks like a fat woman. But I never say it ugly or anything like that.
I am using a body/anatomy comparison, because I also said in that very comment, that it is surprsisingly looks feminine.

I am sure, a kitbasher like you, and many other people here knows quite a lot about anatomy,
and that's what crossed my mind, it looks like a fat lady. Is fat lady an ugly thing? no, there's a lot of gorgeous fat lady, and they're proud of it.

But for me, that anatomy of a fat lady just doesn't suit Superman.
And I still think that it looks like a fat lady, which can be constructive for other people, they can see it and perhaps in their modification plan,
can avoid feminine features, or etc that they might be able to see in the kitbash based on my opinion.

If you don't think anything wrong with it, then so be it. Nobody asked you to change that.
But no need to do name calling, naming people drones, etc. :)

Perhaps someone already posted this, but maybe Sideshow was attempting to do a 1:6 figure of Captain Sternn from Heavy Metal, but they screwed it up and decided to salvage it and call it Superman?

heavy-metal_captain-stern_zpsff9dd1a3.jpg

absolutely. this is another home run by sideshow. despite the crap initial reviews this figure turned out great. lesson learned for this collector, so glad i kept the PO and didn't cancel as i was so tempted and many others did.

Back