SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually digging that! They sort of look like funky glasses in the pics , but in person it's probably not the case....I hope.

Not till now, lol.
Because i have filled the eyes with LEDs, the old red parts won't fit in. But i was able to blu tack them in place for a few pics.
If i did the LED mod intending to always keep these red parts, i could have just dremeled the eyes from the rear and lit the existing parts.
Here's roughly what it would look like. Just ignore the blu tack.

C5132611-D382-4C4A-A5AF-AD5865B704E0.jpg

3EE475C1-17CC-4D61-A6A9-2F60622DE58F.jpg

9FCF7C90-A929-4C2D-BB06-F46C7FF7164A.jpg

Love the look of this. That is some awesome custom work all around. The PERS turned out really, really nice too.

I'm actually digging that! They sort of look like funky glasses in the pics , but in person it's probably not the case....I hope.

If i had done the mod with a view to always lighting them, i would have left them in place. But i wanted to try and BB eyes *poor mans PERS* trick too, so i removed the red bits.
I could easily do the job again leaving the red parts in place(And as my Brother will be wanting a lit up red eye sculpt for his review this week, i'll have to mod another one, lol).

Love the look of this. That is some awesome custom work all around. The PERS turned out really, really nice too.
Thanks. I am looking into a way to replicate that on all the heads. To improve the look of the eyes.
This look on all heads would be great:

523F2DC3-95BB-42A2-BE28-DF120BFF5A6B.jpg

fantastic work Username, as usual. I'm sure you're glad you actually ordered the figure. I'm glad I didn't cancel my order. I may try to pick up some loose pieces but I can't find much anymore.

You can always look at Username's comment (above you).
You could read any comment in a positive, negative, or neutral way.

I personally think it looks like a fat woman. But I never say it ugly or anything like that.
I am using a body/anatomy comparison, because I also said in that very comment, that it is surprsisingly looks feminine.

I am sure, a kitbasher like you, and many other people here knows quite a lot about anatomy,
and that's what crossed my mind, it looks like a fat lady. Is fat lady an ugly thing? no, there's a lot of gorgeous fat lady, and they're proud of it.

But for me, that anatomy of a fat lady just doesn't suit Superman.
And I still think that it looks like a fat lady, which can be constructive for other people, they can see it and perhaps in their modification plan,
can avoid feminine features, or etc that they might be able to see in the kitbash based on my opinion.

If you don't think anything wrong with it, then so be it. Nobody asked you to change that.
But no need to do name calling, naming people drones, etc. :)

I would respond to this but your statement speaks for itself one in which you have inserted your own foot in your mouth and you haven't even realized it. It is people like you that just says whatever flies into there head and then clearly thinks that is an educated opinion to give your attack validity. It was meant as a dig nothing more but like A$$$ holes everyone has an opinion. See i understood some of what people said as valid opinion of critique, yours and those like yours are only along for the discussion panel that has no place in freaks or any forum. your like a trickster only in place to create chaos. The mod's here can't keep any of you in check because freaks is infested by them. Other forums have useful feedback where as this board is becoming a joke because it's more commentary than anything.

maybe my I phone may not represent the pics to show what i did very well because the photo's i posted don't look 100% what he looks like in person maybe that is like refraction and lens capture of subject. This is the last i will comment on this but if i were you I would seriously think if you actually have any validity than a talk show host or a movie critic in which you were not a member of the process of making of but only a mere spectator.

most of the feedback i got was dislike of the True type in question and it's application. Does mine have alot of muscle in certain area's Maybe but it is how i wanted him to appear, was the photo's a good representation of my work, No it wasn't because the camera can't capture how he looks in hand.However He does not look like a fat woman, that was something to put out there to see if anyone would agree with you for a chuckle, which is no different that being a bully. What i find sad is that you try to rationalize your tactics to appear something your not and that's diplomatic. Your a heckler pure and simple

What I would have like to seen made but no one ever sculpted was superman blowing using his cold breath and maybe a sculpted piece you can attach to something showing this affect. It's a shame really

What I would have like to seen made but no one ever sculpted was superman blowing using his cold breath and maybe a sculpted piece you can attach to something showing this affect. It's a shame really

I never thought of that. I suppose you'd have to have a "blowing" face sculpt.
The closest i have ever seen to that is this one:

review_supesreturns_7.jpg

I know right, it's as if people forgot about that power. I will say that head is not great must be a hasbro or Mattel sculpt. So theoretically sideshow should have given us 4 heads.
The joe college smile
The stern
Stern with laser eyes
and blowing although sups didn't need the chickmunk look to blow in comics he kinda looked like he was whistling.

Technically all they had to do is have a change out piece of hair for the joe college look and glasses so still 4 heads

Back