SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, I would have kept my order with those photos. Too late now. Monies spent on other goodies.

I actually liked the other pics better. They shadowed Batman in the back most likely because side by side he would make Superman look scrawny. And notice how he is not posed full frontal in any of those pics, trying to hide the skinny neck and body.

That pic with them fighting is cool though.

I actually liked the other pics better. They shadowed Batman in the back most likely because side by side he would make Superman look scrawny. And notice how he is not posed full frontal in any of those pics, trying to hide the skinny neck and body.

You're must likely right.

You are right. But I wonder if less people would have cancelled have they shown these pics instead. Regardless of how bad (or god) the figure might be, they made a big mistake giving the figure to review to people that can't futz or take good pictures.

Wow, I never saw the earlier production pics you guys speak of. They must have been TERRIBLE, because I just canceled my order based on these new pics from Sideshow. No way can I justify $200 for a figure with those laughable heads and that belt. Damn.

Such a letdown after the awesome Batman figure. :(

You are right. But I wonder if less people would have cancelled have they shown these pics instead. Regardless of how bad (or god) the figure might be, they made a big mistake giving the figure to review to people that can't futz or take good pictures.

YES agreed.. sometimes I wonder how a company with so much talent under one roof, can screw up the simplest of good marketing tactics...duh.. after that review I cancelled my order and have no interest in purchasing this figure at all... I have Bat's and his villains but this became an instant pass.... Hopefully the fixed that horrible GL costume texture and the smirky Flash.. if not they will be a huge pass too... I hope they are doing better with the upcoming Marvel line.

What a great way to start the year. My 1/6 Superman and Wonder Woman PF are stuck in those containers cause those baggage handlers want more pay to move them. They should be dedicated baggage handlers and do it for the love of the job not the money.
I see no smilies but you are joking aren't you? Please say yes. If not what planet are you living on?

Sideshow replaced their Superman pictures on the website with the actual figure we are getting. I hate the belt part.

4gSmeC.jpg

H0Pju5.jpg

1Ulu8o.jpg

mFHFS9.jpg

6sYBAo.jpg

tlR7PO.jpg

2LqUYL.jpg

IdYDyx.jpg

Those top two are great pics. I don't much care for the smiling sculpt, not too sure about laser eyes either but I love the neutral sculpt. It screams comic Supes to me.

I see no smilies but you are joking aren't you? Please say yes. If not what planet are you living on?

I thought the same thing.
Sometimes, people want their dollies *so* bad, they imagine a world where people won't go on strike so they can get them on time.
If that's the case, we need some Gene Wilder Oompa Loompa's working the docks, singing songs as they merrily work, lol.

The shorts and belt are an abomination. The body is just too skinny. I can't believe SS actually thinks this looks good & let it get out the door. I have extreme buyers regret at this point. It needs a replacement body & a pair of CR Superman shorts/belt at the very least to make it look presentable.

The shorts and belt are an abomination. The body is just too skinny. I can't believe SS actually thinks this looks good & let it get out the door. I have extreme buyers regret at this point. It needs a replacement body & a pair of CR Superman shorts/belt at the very least to make it look presentable.

Seconded. They look absolutely terrible. They are cut uneven and the red shorts stick out ABOVE the belt all around. Poor craftsmanship. The port strike has allowed me time to cancel this.

What sucks is that in pics like this:

100088-superman-003.jpg

It doesn't look bad, he looks appropriately muscular but when he stands up and is posed more neutrally I just don't like it. Seeing pics like the one above though looks at what could have been. I really hope this gets fixed and revisited in so more of variant. Hell I'll even take a New 52 with a better body that I can kit bash into a classic one. The belt and shorts still look weird though even here.

If the shorts aren't futzable, which I think they will be, when I get him I might try to get a pair oh HT Supes britches. Other than that he looks pretty good as is.

The ones who are going to take the Batman muscular body and replace are going to get a nice figure. For me the only thing wrong is the body, stock is too thin. I actually don't mind it past that.

I hoped to display Bats, Supes, GL, and Flash together eventually but I'm too disappointed in this now. I guess my expectations were elevated with how much I loved Bats. If GL and Flash turn out awesome I'll track down a Reeve Superman to fill the void.

Back