SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does somebody have a picture of the Hot Toys Storm Shadow masked head on this figure?

You guys don't like this head sculpt? Its more true to the Gi Joe franchise to me. You guys like te Korean Storm Shadow look?

You guys don't like this head sculpt? Its more true to the Gi Joe franchise to me. You guys like te Korean Storm Shadow look?

It's good but I don't like the sculpted eyes and the boxy chin. Wish it was a tad bit more pointy. Looks good altogether though cause non of those petty gripes distract from the over all look.

By the way, if you want a whole white plain balaclava then eBay has 'em for under $5. They're made by ACI or wild toys or whatever. Find 'em in that eBay store: 7toys7.

The SS v2 head doesn't look Asian to me.

What he said!

And the SSC head looks toyish to me, whereas the HT head looks realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have mine in hand yet, but the pictures he could pass for an Asian, not all Asians have slanted or small eyes.

I don't think any of the SSC Joes looks realistic. But to each his own.

I dont have mine in hand yet, but the pictures he could pass for an Asian, not all Asians have slanted or small eyes.

I don't think any of the SSC Joes looks realistic. But to each his own.

I think SSC does amazing work, especially all the new 2014 stuff. I think they intentionally stylize the Joe stuff to look vaguely toyish, and that's totally cool. I mostly stick to the more realistic looking figs. that's why I prefer to switch the head. I have the HT Retaliation Snake Eyes, and I plan to get Roadblock, so a more toy-like Storm Shadow would stand out.

Plus I don't think the eyes look remotely asian. I used to live with several Japanese English language students in my early twenties, and my wife works at an Asian news agency with bureaus from all over Asia, so I have a good idea what looks mongoloid and what looks caucasoid.

The rest of the SSC Storm Shadow is AMAZING, and I have moved him up my list of figures to get as soon as I have the cash to spare.

I think SSC does amazing work, especially all the new 2014 stuff. I think they intentionally stylize the Joe stuff to look vaguely toyish, and that's totally cool. I mostly stick to the more realistic looking figs. that's why I prefer to switch the head. I have the HT Retaliation Snake Eyes, and I plan to get Roadblock, so a more toy-like Storm Shadow would stand out.

Plus I don't think the eyes look remotely asian. I used to live with several Japanese English language students in my early twenties, and my wife works at an Asian news agency with bureaus from all over Asia, so I have a good idea what looks mongoloid and what looks caucasoid.

The rest of the SSC Storm Shadow is AMAZING, and I have moved him up my list of figures to get as soon as I have the cash to spare.

They're stretched thin (they allocate resources more towards star wars). They do what they can.

I see what you are saying. Yeah I rather have realistic 1/6 figures as well. But for the Joes I love what they did and made a hybrid of a little bit of everything. I know there will be complaints but that's the best we can buy right now.

I was in a real debate with myself on getting Hot Toys Joes. Snake Eyes is really tempting still.

Storm Shadow is Japanese American. He can also pass for Caucasion in some comic book drawing aswell with his bacalava. I live in Hawaii with a huge amount of Japanese American, and I myself think this HS can pass as an Asian or non Asian. That's Storm Shadow for you lol

Another funny thing is that the actor that played SS is Korean and not Japanese. And no, they all don't look the same. :lol

Back