SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** that. Call again, talk to someone else.

Ive been dealing with sideshow for a few years now, and I gotta say their attitude has changed somewhat from being really pleasant to being fairly off hand ish at times. Im sorry to hear about your claws though as they are one of the finer features on this release.

It's hard to show, but you can see it in this picture. Is anyone's like this? Capture.JPG

This was the response I got:

Thank you for your email. Please know that we have compared your photo to our display and a few replacements. We have found that we would not be able to send you a replacement that would be a vast improvement over the one you currently have. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please understand that they are hand crafted items and there will be minor variations from time to time.

Last edited:
It's hard to show, but you can see it in this picture. Is anyone's like this?View attachment 105861

This was the response I got:

Thank you for your email. Please know that we have compared your photo to our display and a few replacements. We have found that we would not be able to send you a replacement that would be a vast improvement over the one you currently have. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please understand that they are hand crafted items and there will be minor variations from time to time.

I would go to monkey depot and buy one. Meh. My bow broke too.

Hey guys

Finally got mine. honestly im a lil half and half about him.
Its great that sideshow stuffed the box with lots of gear and finally gave us a working solution for stowing the sword on the back.

I just cant get over the head sculpt, I really don't love that the eyes are too close together and too big it irritates me.
So this is just me playing with a possible solution, a small word of caution this head has a deeper recess than Storm shadows head and thus does not fit securely on the neck.

I also plan on rolling up his sleaves a bit to get away from the perfect clean cut look.

Head is from the Black dragon ninja, who also has a set of unguarded hands for those that may want to pose Storm shadow without his wrsitguards/gauntlets.

pictures are relatively un futz'd

View attachment 105841

View attachment 105842

outta interest I just thought i'd put these here incase no ones tried it.

looking like this

$_1.JPG

That's SideShow for ya! :tap

First off, I just dont beleive they told you that. Not like you are representing it anyway. Second, since 2005 ive bern buying from SS and never h a d a bad customer service experience. If you truly feel thier service is that bad "thats sideshow for ya" then by all means, stop ordering from them. They clearly cant meet your expectations no matter what they do.

I was just asking if someone who had both would do me the courtesy of posting pics of the V-1 Storm Shadow head on the V-2 Storm Shadow body. but I guess that's too much to ask for. :mad::cuss

Just opened my today. Took a few pics to ease your mind. :horse :lol

Will take more later once I get some poses going. Facial tone doesn't match the arms too well. The Pro body is more flexible than my previous bodies without loosening. Overall, I really like the figure and accessories. Fortunate that all parts are in good order. I wish they would have included a left hand claw also along with a second regular sword as they show on the boxes interior picture of SS.

Nice work, YT! The non-camo mask didn't bother me at all, but seeing this, I think it improves the look quite a bit. I love how people in this hobby aren't afraid to customize everything to their expectations, and usually with even better results. Dang man, awesome!

Too Bad SS didn't get another claw for the other hand,he would make a good Storm Shadow Wolverine

modding an almost 200 dollar figure takes a lot of guts sometimes....but if done right(And everything that is on here has been done right)..makes it worth it....ive gotten a bit less worried about doing stuff like that..but there are some that even i wont try to mod...lol....

First off, I just dont beleive they told you that. Not like you are representing it anyway. Second, since 2005 ive bern buying from SS and never h a d a bad customer service experience. If you truly feel thier service is that bad "thats sideshow for ya" then by all means, stop ordering from them. They clearly cant meet your expectations no matter what they do.

Actually that is something they say when they feel the replacement is not going to make a difference. I got a SW Snowtrooper last year and it had a ding on the helmet and whenI asked them about it (with pics included) that is almost excactly what they told me (Without the handcrafted part).

I Would But Unfortunately SideShow is the only one with the 1/6 Scale Comic Book/RAH style GI JOE License.:gah: :slap

Actually that is something they say when they feel the replacement is not going to make a difference. I got a SW Snowtrooper last year and it had a ding on the helmet and whenI asked them about it (with pics included) that is almost excactly what they told me (Without the handcrafted part).

Its what they say when they have run out of good replacements. What that leads me to believe is that there was a decent amount of replacement items sent out due to bad quality and they have simply run out. Its not at all uncommon these days with Sideshow.

Its been "public" for a long time. Sideshow started doing that a few years ago. Its across all their lines, from 1/6 to premium format and everything in-between. There have been reports of that in every section and all major collecting boards. Its nothing new or uncommon.

Back