1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh[emoji1432]id have to say that the SS Rebel Snowspeeder Luke lived up to the proto pics. The outfit is OUTSTANDING and it’s one of my favorite figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s why I said there aren’t many. I didn’t say none have. That’s definitely one of the few.

The outfits have been pretty strong for a while now. Not sure when the last time an outfit was a real let down, outside of smaller issues like the thin waist on the TIE Pilot.

That’s why I said there aren’t many. I didn’t say none have. That’s definitely one of the few.

Haha, easy...easy, just sayin’

But since I’ve got ya, do you have any snow toppers for a Luke snowspeeder base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't many figures with detailed costumes that have survived Sideshow's Proto to Production gambit. I just don't put any faith in getting something that's on par with preorder pics.

Gotta respectfully disagree with you there- I've been very impressed with the tailoring on the production versions from Sideshow, at least the ones Ive gotten- here's some recent examples:

BOSSKv2-009.jpg

DENGAR-007.jpg

SNOWTROOPER-CMDR-008.jpg

MAUL-15.jpg

The only dip in Dengar is the detailing/distressing took a bit of a hit but not a fatal one.

I'm still sorry that I missed Snowspeeder Luke - the shots I've seen make it look great.

I'm crossing fingers for this ROTJ Luke - the set is a nice offering - it was presented well at SDCC (although a shot or two with it displayed with Jabba could've been cool) here's hoping it survives production.

Quit showing the good examples, JB. :lol

There’s not much tailoring on an armored figure but what I had in mind were ones like Snake, Jack Burton, even ToD Indy where the protos were so much better looking than what shipped. To me it seems SS can’t quite get the material and cut right on their production pieces very often. Could just be me though...nah, surely not. :D

You've got a point there....TOD Indy looked...okay, but the clothes weren't quite there and Snake's jacket took an big hit on the quality (not to mention the "don't pose or they'll split " pants). Yes, it's true...they haven't all made it from proto to production unscathed.

I have to say the tailoring and fit of the clothing looks really good on this figure. Dare I say better than the HT. I still can’t get past the head sculpt. It reminds me of Luke but doesn’t look like him if that makes any sense.

It does make me sad we didn’t get all this in the HT version but I’m happy to know that HT will eventually put out their Endor version. If not I’ll pick up this one at some point. Hopefully it won’t skyrocket like the Snowspeeder Luke did.

6f1f2a9ae2023d1414dfabe05e3fede1.jpg

If Sideshow matches the prototype cut and sew, people should be pretty happy.

Here's where I see the biggest difference between HT and Sideshow on clothes, and not just look, all figures, Sideshow seems to use thinner fabrics, which can ultimately look a little better to people, like the case of Luke, or look a little off, like Darth Maul, HT uses thicker fabrics, not too thick, just thicker and it can have different effects on the overall look, you usually wouldn't notice because you're only judging and HT figure, but when the two companies make the same piece, these differences stand out more.

I have to say the tailoring and fit of the clothing looks really good on this figure. Dare I say better than the HT. I still can’t get past the head sculpt. It reminds me of Luke but doesn’t look like him if that makes any sense.

I think that's the perfect explanation on the sculpt. I know it's supposed to be Luke, and it reminds me of a Luke-like character, but then actually doesn't look like Luke/Mark Hamill at all.

Since HT never made a definitive post on if Endor Luke would be released (since it's now been over a year) I was trying to talk myself into getting the SSC one for the Endor look, but as hard as I try I just can't get there. I guess my eggs are all in the basket of hoping HT eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) releases their own Endor Luke after making us wait over a year already for even a pre-order.

The outfits have been pretty strong for a while now. Not sure when the last time an outfit was a real let down, outside of smaller issues like the thin waist on the TIE Pilot.

Jango fett ... Absolute disaster

I guess my eggs are all in the basket of hoping HT eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) releases their own Endor Luke after making us wait over a year already for even a pre-order.

Collecting is built on hope.

No question Hot Toys HS is better. When it comes to the outfit, it's questionable. Plastron, vest and chest proportions look better to me in that pic.

Back