1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You dont understand the hate for the figure but then go on to say...."from the right angle its a pretty good likeness". So you sort of answered your own mystery then. I dont hate the figure, but for the cost vs value vs the HT being released, its just not that good (to me). Had it been half of what they charged... maybe...i wouldn't have bought it anyway, but it would have been more tolerable. One shouldn't have to work too hard (swapping clothes, heads, helmets with other figures and looking at it only from appropriate angles) to get a decent resemblance. Cant speak for anyone else but that's my reasoning for the "hate" that you dont understand. Not being a smartass simply explaining.

Thank God you clarified my comment for me. I had no idea what I was talking about until you put it in perspective. I should probably change my mind now as daring to have a different opinion to you has thrown the world off it’s axis.

Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you publicly comment you dont understand the hate. I explain my personal reasons in the form of a discussion (as people are known to do on a "discussion forum")....and you get bent all out of shape and throw a tirade about the world's axis and blah blah. Its always amusing when there is a post where people explain their point of view, and go as far to say its MY opinion only, yet people still need to be personally insulted by it. Maybe go read my response again man, as no where in there did I once discredit your view on things, but simply furthered the discussion at hand. Im sorry I wasn't able to 100% agree with your views, as that seems to be the only response that would placate you. You legitimately seem rather sensitive about differences of opinions.

So you publicly comment you dont understand the hate. I explain my personal reasons in the form of a discussion (as people are known to do on a "discussion forum")....and you get bent all out of shape and throw a tirade about the world's axis and blah blah. Its always amusing when there is a post where people explain their point of view, and go as far to say its MY opinion only, yet people still need to be personally insulted by it. Maybe go read my response again man, as no where in there did I once discredit your view on things, but simply furthered the discussion at hand. Im sorry I wasn't able to 100% agree with your views, as that seems to be the only response that would placate you. You legitimately seem rather sensitive about differences of opinions.

You need to relax. It was your sensitivity to the difference of my opinion that started this.

Geez! Everybody calm down. If you like the figure that’s great voice your opinion and move on. If you don’t then say so and why and move on. Thank God we have options. My perspective is that it’s a decent figure with many positives but for the money I prefer the HT. Not that the HT doesn’t have its flaws, it’s just what I prefer.

I think the question we need to ask our selves constantly is are we just trying to share our opinions in a positive way and further discussion or are we looking to confirm our bias about each figure to justify our purchase? And if we are doing the latter are we doing so in a way to swat down someone else’s enjoyment of their purchase decision to justify our own?

I know this is the internet and there will always be hate but this is supposed to be a community for everyone to share their thoughts and experiences to better enjoy our shared hobby. Let’s strive to keep it that way.

As I had already said and always make it a point to say... The opinions I express are simply my own and I certainly did not feel I was being excessively negative or confrontational. I took the quote about not understanding the hate for the figure at face value and simply explained my own personal thoughts behind it. If somehow that translated into a personal attack on either a person or a figure that wasn't my intention. I can't really see anywhere in which I need to "settle down" as again I stated these were simply my opinions and we're not intended to discount anyone else's opinions or try to change their minds. I don't knock any one's enjoyment of the figure and will try to be more tactful in my discussion of a figure I don't like next time, but other than that I'm not sure how else I could have worded it.

Jamielov. I wasn’t aiming my message personally at you. I was merely pointing out the fact that we all need to keep ourselves in check sometimes by asking “am I being overly critical”. The flip side of that is “am I being overly sensitive”.

It’s hard to read nuance and intention in the written word especially irony and sarcasm. I’m guilty of it too when people rub me the wrong way.

I understood your point and can agree with it. It’s not my intention to make anyone do anything but I do hope to shed a light on voluntary self reflection.

Jamielov. I wasn’t aiming my message personally at you. I was merely pointing out the fact that we all need to keep ourselves in check sometimes by asking “am I being overly critical”. The flip side of that is “am I being overly sensitive”.

It’s hard to read nuance and intention in the written word especially irony and sarcasm. I’m guilty of it too when people rub me the wrong way.

I understood your point and can agree with it. It’s not my intention to make anyone do anything but I do hope to shed a light on voluntary self reflection.

Understood. Makes sense. I try to word things as best I can to not make things too personal or too critical. I simply felt the whole "world off its axis" quip was a bit over the top/exaggerated vs the points I made. Thats all ill really say about that, because drama over a toy action figure isnt anything im really interested in. Ill continue to share my opinions and discussions about things, but will be more careful with the words I use.

I know this is the internet and there will always be hate but this is supposed to be a community for everyone to share their thoughts and experiences to better enjoy our shared hobby. Let’s strive to keep it that way.

Nice little words.
A pity some elements on this forum are exactly the contrary of all that.
You know who you are.
m.

Hmmm can't say I blame you, awesome ROTJ hero Luke Skywalker figure or, depressing cranky old loser TLJ Jake Skywalker. No contest.
Sorry couldn't resist.
I don't even consider the sequels canon. They are horrible IMO especially TLJ.
As much as I love the character I cannot support Disney's SW I won't buy Jake.

Amen.
The sequels are so insultingly unimaginative that to me they are much worse than the prequels. At least Lucas tried to do something unique and different... even if he tried very little! These guys don't even try!

On top of that, I can't believe Kasdan wrote TFA... How could he even stamp his name on that crapfest? Heck, he wrote ESB and ROTJ!

And the biggest problem about TLJ is that many of those condemning it are TFA fans!!!???!!! Now they condemn, tomorrow they will rave at the next JJ Abrams vacuous output.

The only thing that makes sense in all this, is that that nothing makes sense.

OK... Sorry. Back To The Figure: is there any consent currently as to whether the SSC black jumpsuit is better than the HT one? The HT one was designed for Fatty Luke. You remove the underlying fatsuit, the jumpsuit should be too wide (unless you edit it, maybe heavily). On the contrary, SSC's jumpsuit seems made for Luke Skinnywalker, doesn't it? Should provide for a more heroic fit... But at the same time, stitching is more/too obvious on the SSC one...

RfC
m.

They're not "just movies" its Star Wars the greatest IP ever. Unless your referring to the sequels then yes they are just movies, unimaginative, uninteresting and not very good movies filled with identity politics and virtue signaling. That is just my opinion which I am entitled to so you suck it and go play with your Admiral Holdo figure Hehe.:rolleyes:

Nope. They are not just movies.
The OT is a way of doing everything in life. It is multi-sensorial, multi-channel perfection.
It is an enormous display of deep respect for the audiences, trying to present them with something that is rich and deep, ambitious and vast, organic but well-made, well-thought but accessible.
It has lots of gravitas, but it also filled with timeless, wide-spectrum, almost self-deprecating sense of humor.
It is simple, yet powerful. It goes to the guts w/o even passing through your brain.
It is nonsensical, yet beautiful. So beautiful that you don't mind it being nonsensical (forget your brain, use your heart).
It is classic, yet fresh. And it is everlasting. So everlasting that even the dated FX still hold up today. In fact, the FX are the least important, just a sort of hi-tech background.

But above all, more than anything else, the OT is the biggest, wildest and most expensive videoclip ever. A videoclip to John Williams' music.
Williams is the key to all of this.
As Lucas himself put it once: "You don't watch SW. You listen to SW."

RfC
m.

Late afternoon - Endor.

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-025.jpg

I keep finding myself drawn to this figure...changing the look back and forth and snapping shots.

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-026.jpg

Pretty cool figure.

Nice pics jedibear he really looks like Mark there. This figure is so weird it looks like Mark Hamill in person to me but looks totally different in pictures. It's hard to capture the likeness.luke1.jpg

...but it's fun trying with the shots isn't it? I've just been enjoying the heck out of this figure....and likeness issues be damned, that's what it's all about isn't it?

...but it's fun trying with the shots isn't it? I've just been enjoying the heck out of this figure....and likeness issues be damned, that's what it's all about isn't it?

You said it jedibear! I've recently suffered a great loss and Ol' Luke here has been helping me get through it. Love this toy.1.jpg

I loved it...a lot of fun enthusiasm going on there. Not as polished as some folks who post video reviews here but he showed the figure well. I'll check out more of his reviews in the future.

Another quick shot...
SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-028.jpg

...and thanks for the inspiration, SkullDuggery...went and dug that bone out and I think it looks pretty cool with this figure!

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-029.jpg

Last edited:
Man! See that's what I'm talking about. Your pics really show the likeness to Hamill very well while it looks like a completely different figure in my pics. What are you doing different from me? Great looking pics, especially like the second shot.
Is that the Hasbro bone? The one in my pics is from the first sideshow Luke.

Back