1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just got the head sculpt for this release. it`s not bad i actually like it i can see a lot of Mark Hamill in this sculpt then i could in the HT sculpt. like every one has mentioned if the SSC sculpt had the HT paint apps this might have been hands down the best luke sculpt out there.

I'm still a huge fan of this figure....

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-035.jpg

Very nice picture, love the Endor feel it has. I agree he is an absolute joy to pose and look at. he feels way more ROTJ Luke to me than the hot toys one does.

I think both figures (SS and HT) look nice for different reasons. The MAIN reason I prefer HT to SS is quality. The quality of a Hot Toys figures seems so much better to me. The body, sculpt, tailoring and accessories all seem more well made and "expensive". This is just my opinion of course.

Have you seen the sideshow one in hand bro? The sideshow one has hot toys quality clothing, in fact i'd say it's superior to the hot toys figure especially in that arena. The headsculpt on the deluxe ROTJ Luke is fantastic if you repainted the hair it would easily be the better of the two. and I agree hot toys means quality but sideshow doesn't mean garbage by default. They made a very nice and affordable figure. I was against it for a while until I managed to get one well below retail and compare it to my hot toys one, and SSC wins here in my eyes.

I'm in agreement that both figures are good for different reasons. The SSC one gets a bit of an upper hand for me simply because I find myself revisiting it again and again, changing it up, taking new shots. That's not to say I haven't snapped a fair share of shots of the HT one. I just really like the ease of changing this figure up. And like the HT one, a really good moment can happen in a shot that the portrait captures a cool instance of the character like this:

"I found this...."

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-036.jpg

I really like this figure...a lot. Sideshow can still put out some good sixth scale. I'm heading out west in the fall to get some desert shots of the Mythos Kenobi. That Sideshow figure still blows me away on display. With any luck, the Mythos Fett will have arrived by then and i can get for some fun desert shots of that one as well.

In the meantime, I'm going to look at new ways to display and snap shots of this cool Luke Skywalker figure and hope that SSC continues to get new figures out to us once in a while...BTW, Sideshow...where is that Skiff Lando? :)

Sideshow headsculpt slightly repainted and rehaired
b311cc36a360388310e1f48faa8c8004.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

What was slightly repainted? Mostly eyes?

The eyes is the only part I didn’t repaint.....all the rest is repainted different tones trying to give depft....but I.m not a professional...I think SS paint is too flat

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

So basically after buying this figure from SSC, all you need to do is spend another few hundred dollars in a custom paint, and full re-hairing, to get a good looking Luke?

So basically after buying this figure from SSC, all you need to do is spend another few hundred dollars in a custom paint, and full re-hairing, to get a good looking Luke?

People do this with various Hot Toys figures too. Why are you so stuck on this line of reasoning like it's unique to this Luke?

People do this with various Hot Toys figures too. Why are you so stuck on this line of reasoning like it's unique to this Luke?

I def don't feel it's unique to Luke. Its more chuckle-worthy to me, with this figure, or any, that use the line of reasoning..."its a great figure! I love it. All i had to do was swap the boots with Hot Toys Luke, repaint his head, redo the hair on the figure, and then BOOM! A perfect Luke Skywalker. My own personal opinion was that there was no defense for this figure from the start, and when folks have to try this hard, or consistently explain why its a great figure, it usually isn't. Just my own opinion.

I bought the helmetted head and poncho to kitbash another Luke, any suggestions for neck adapters that work with this or bodies with necks? I have a few neckless bodies and an unpainted neck sculpt but they don't fit and I don't particularly like the unpainted necks either.

I bought the helmetted head and poncho to kitbash another Luke, any suggestions for neck adapters that work with this or bodies with necks? I have a few neckless bodies and an unpainted neck sculpt but they don't fit and I don't particularly like the unpainted necks either.

The DAM Toys bodies with attached neck work fine. They look jacked, but they are the new equivalent to the HT slender body, and the upper torso is vinyl, so you can further re-work it if you need it slimmer still. When you see it with a head one it, you realise, it's quite slender.
Try this: https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_DamToys_Muscle_Body_w_Neck_Post_p/dml1026.htm
Or this: https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_DamToys_Muscle_Body_w_Neck_Post_Lighter_T_p/dml2662.htm
The first one is better because the crotch area is also rubber, so it has more give than the second, but they will both hold good poses. And they use DAM/Easy & Simple wrist pegs, and should take HT footpegs.
I use these for almost all my custom figures.

C0AC90C4-0205-41D5-95F2-2E5EAF88D261.jpg

3C6E3E58-4770-4D72-99F6-54EB1ADCEA6D.jpg

C33890BE-5F36-43F3-A5A2-3DD7904D080B.jpg

IMG_9080.jpg

1C78F131-37BF-48CB-9702-4F4026DDFF6E.jpg

On this one, i just cut off the neck and the ball joint underneath works fine:

8A53EB73-9BF4-43A7-B1A4-72704C979E0C.jpg

Back