1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also, perhaps, illustrates who received a free figure for their review. ;)

Yeah. Who are the reviewers?
Do they receive free figures?
I’d be skeptical of a review where the reviewer got the figure free for review.
Not in a bad way. I can understand wanting to get newer figures for review.

Did you see that positive review? If Sideshow is providing that guy with a free figure then they have more problems than badly produced 1/6 figures.:lol

I hate to be "that guy" but that SSC sculpt looks horrible. Typical Sideshow soft sculpting and sub par paint. The Hot Toys sculpt is far superior.

I'm right there with you. I'm baffled how anyone can look at this figure and honestly believe it's a good figure or has a better sculpt that Hot Toys. The Endor sculpt is getting some love, but from all pics I've seen it's the one with the most obscured face based on the helmet causing shadows over the face so you can't get a great look at it.

As far as the "beating a dead horse" contingency...there is no difference in 100 pages discussing a "bad" figure or another thread of 250 pages of people praising a figure (Dark Side Anakin for example). It's fun to discuss these figures and even when it's opinion based, discussing the bad at length is no different than discussing the good at length.

I'm right there with you. I'm baffled how anyone can look at this figure and honestly believe it's a good figure or has a better sculpt that Hot Toys. The Endor sculpt is getting some love, but from all pics I've seen it's the one with the most obscured face based on the helmet causing shadows over the face so you can't get a great look at it.

As far as the "beating a dead horse" contingency...there is no difference in 100 pages discussing a "bad" figure or another thread of 250 pages of people praising a figure (Dark Side Anakin for example). It's fun to discuss these figures and even when it's opinion based, discussing the bad at length is no different than discussing the good at length.
Yeah I don't get it. This looks really bad. As for beating the dead horse. There's always one of those in every discussion. Lol

No problem JB.

Comparison. Both figures with no mods or futzing....

View attachment 442263

wow, the HS on the SS is much different than in the proto and th baggy clothes.... If only the HT luke had a better mouth (can't stand the doll "baby" mouth). I was really hoping to get one of these but not now. I guess I'll wait until a proper 1/4 is done. Thanks for posting this.

Is this figure great? No. Is it worth $235? Probably not. I would not have got this without rewards points and free shipping.

The most important aspect of the figure(hero headsculpt), is a huge letdown. However, there are some nice features and I prefer the Endor sculpt on this over the Hot Toys Endor prototype.

Anyways, just my opinion.

View attachment 442521

I actually like that futzed-up Endor version. Not a fan of that bared-teeth HT Endor one. You got the SSC one looking good.

And I found another video review. I'm not going to comment on the video's, ahem, quality but...it does feature a good look at the Endor Luke on the speederbike that actually looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
I believe somebody said this already, but I like the proportions of this better than the HT. The HT has a lot of padding that make him look wide or something. I wonder if the HT sculpt could be fitted onto this?

All things considered this is how he will stay covered up lol I contacted sideshow about the fisted hands and the unfinished portions on the sculpts chin and jaw line I’ll see what they say 75495388-D554-4DD4-91BF-38F6E2745CF6.jpegC1344CE1-DE24-4413-A0A3-85C6DDF6A90F.jpegF0778308-8E11-4B3F-B934-33E232B91317.jpg

Waiting on some reward points that will hit in 40 days I guess, will put in order then if I'm still feeling confident I can take this monster on.

Edit: whoops, thought this was Jabba thread, cause of Jaymig's pics. :lol

Last edited:
Is this figure great? No. Is it worth $235? Probably not. I would not have got this without rewards points and free shipping.

The most important aspect of the figure(hero headsculpt), is a huge letdown. However, there are some nice features and I prefer the Endor sculpt on this over the Hot Toys Endor prototype.

Anyways, just my opinion.

View attachment 442521
SS version reminds me Joaquin Phoenix actor. :)
b4a5cf9fedb95fabf7dad716bc80fb7f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

So I took a few shots with my cell with heavy shadow, sunlight, and shelf presence and definitely the endor look is the better. I think I read a few post back that the suit was baggy, but mine was tight. The pancho needs to be adjusted some, but I think it'll work for the endor shelf. Needless to say I'm looking forward to the HT deluxe now for the jabba shelf...my son cracked me up when he saw the hero sculpt, "wow you got the battlefront luke".

Attachments

• 20190202_145336.jpg
    20190202_145336.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190202_145228.jpg
    20190202_145228.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 20190202_153840.jpg
    20190202_153840.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 218
I might have to at least be on the lookout for a gloved saber holding hand from this figure. Looks like Toy Anxiety is out already.

So, someone else besides me picked up this Luke. I thought I was the only one. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:rotfl

Nice shots Robrod. Great setup!

20190202_180141.jpg

Last edited:
Back