1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. Everyone who buys this needs to put it on top of their detolfs so you're always looking up at it.

How is this? :D

20190202_181933.jpg

So, someone else besides me picked up this Luke. I thought I was the only one. :lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:rotfl

Nice shots Robrod. Great setup!

View attachment 442723

That's looking decent. How are you finding the lightsaber and belt? Any better in-hand than in the pics? The blaster looks awesome on this figure - glad I grabbed a few of those.

And is that a bendy left hand?

There we go - now you know why the Chakaman thread is also the Christmas morning thread. Love it.:clap

This has some likeness problems but no worse than the ANH Luke from Hot Toys, of course that has nicer paint apps. Some angles of the helmeted sculpt I see a lot of Hamill.

This has some likeness problems but no worse than the ANH Luke from Hot Toys, of course that has nicer paint apps. Some angles of the helmeted sculpt I see a lot of Hamill.

Nah come on, anh Luke is at least 8/10 likeness. This is 4/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to derail, but that HT ANH Luke does look a bit better with the Sideshow Luke X hair. I think it's the copper half watermelon on top of his head that hurts it out of the box (pic below)

It's odd that with this SSC Luke Jedi the hair is pretty weak sculpt-wise. While Sideshow hair tends to have low sculpt detail compared to HT and also has pretty poor paint, the overall shape is usually pretty good, at least compared to HT hair (which are gorgeously detailed and better painted but often don't quite look right shape-wise to me.)

PthowKI.jpg

That's looking decent. How are you finding the lightsaber and belt? Any better in-hand than in the pics? The blaster looks awesome on this figure - glad I grabbed a few of those.

And is that a bendy left hand?

There we go - now you know why the Chakaman thread is also the Christmas morning thread. Love it.:clap

Like I said, the helmeted sculpt is decent. The belt is okay, nothing special. The HT one is better. The lightsaber isn't any better in hand. The blaster is very nice, more in scale I think.

Yes, the left hand is bendable. The hands with this release are very nice and can be manipulated.

..and thanks. :duff

Not to derail, but that HT ANH Luke does look a bit better with the Sideshow Luke X hair. I think it's the copper half watermelon on top of his head that hurts it out of the box (pic below)

It's odd that with this SSC Luke Jedi the hair is pretty weak sculpt-wise. While Sideshow hair tends to have low sculpt detail compared to HT and also has pretty poor paint, the overall shape is usually pretty good, at least compared to HT hair (which are gorgeously detailed and better painted but often don't quite look right shape-wise to me.)

PthowKI.jpg

It's funny, I did the same with my ANH Luke a couple years ago.

20190202_232143.jpg

Both hair pieces have their issues for sure but to me the Sideshow just looks way too crudely sculpted. The Hot Toys is by no means a home run either but for different reasons.

I liked the HT ANH sculpt on the SS X-wing figure. Anyway, point was there was a vocal contingent saying that figure looked like Tom Cruise. Now this one has Phoenix and Walken comparisons.

I picked up the Endor poncho to try out on the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke but couldn’t bring used to buy the helmet. Figure the HT version will be better based on the early reviews here.

I liked the HT ANH sculpt on the SS X-wing figure. Anyway, point was there was a vocal contingent saying that figure looked like Tom Cruise. Now this one has Phoenix and Walken comparisons.

I picked up the Endor poncho to try out on the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke but couldn’t bring used to buy the helmet. Figure the HT version will be better based on the early reviews here.

Definitely in for one HT deluxe Endor set. Probably two if they improve the sculpts, which I have a hunch they will. Even HT misses are better than...well really any human sculpt Sideshow has ever produced.

PthowKI.jpg

That looks really good TaliBane. I had to do the same for my ANH as well. I’d love to get a few more hair sculpts to have options including the medicom UU hair.

Like I said, the helmeted sculpt is decent. The belt is okay, nothing special. The HT one is better. The lightsaber isn't any better in hand. The blaster is very nice, more in scale I think.

Yes, the left hand is bendable. The hands with this release are very nice and can be manipulated.

..and thanks. :duff

It's funny, I did the same with my ANH Luke a couple years ago.

View attachment 442765

I probably lifted the idea from you.:dunno

I'm steadily replicating your collection (currently copying your Squidhead paint-up).:lol

And wtf... bendy hands on a Sideshow SW release? I can't think of another time that bendy hands have been used on any other HT or SSC release. Am I wrong on that?

I find bendy hands can work well for gloves but they are really tricky to use without gloves. I think I only have one figure displayed out of 90+ that has bendy hands and that's because I was matching an exact hand pose and I didn't want to go to the trouble of trying to superglue/cut a regular hand into the pose.

Definitely in for one HT deluxe Endor set. Probably two if they improve the sculpts, which I have a hunch they will. Even HT misses are better than...well really any human sculpt Sideshow has ever produced.

I really think (or maybe hope) the Luke Busey Endor sculpt gets a makeover before release.

And I agree the SSC hair sculpt is kinda crude - I just like the overall shape. They often feel like a 6" figure hair sculpt blown up to 12" for some reason. And the paint on SSC hair is pretty bad, but even HT struggles - gold, copper, or black-hair-for-everyone.

IMG_20190203_085334.jpg

I know some don't like the mouth-breather/baby doll facial look of the HT Luke, and some have already stated the Endor HT gritted teeth look is also a negative...but what in the hell is this look called, lol? The "i think I just saw a ghost so I'm going to stare out in the distance expressionless" Luke sculpt?

View attachment 442776

I know some don't like the mouth-breather/baby doll facial look of the HT Luke, and some have already stated the Endor HT gritted teeth look is also a negative...but what in the hell is this look called, lol? The "i think I just saw a ghost so I'm going to stare out in the distance expressionless" Luke sculpt?

It's called the expression SSC loves to use for Luke. Helmetless Snowspeeder Luke has the same "Anyone, anyone, Bueller..." look. HT isn't much better, but they look so much more realistic with paint (especially eyes) it works better.

Yeah the HT Hairpiece really brings the likeness down in my opinion. I put the Medicom ANH Luke hair piece on mine as well. View attachment 442773

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I “borrowed” a few pics of your figure to get inspiration. I still need to pick up a Medi Luke for that.

It's called the expression SSC loves to use for Luke. Helmetless Snowspeeder Luke has the same "Anyone, anyone, Bueller..." look. HT isn't much better, but they look so much more realistic with paint (especially eyes) it works better.

I think I must be in the minority, but I don't mind the HT Endor sculpt at all. The gritted teeth sort of show some sort of effort/exertion swinging the saber. I'd prefer that than the "stare straight ahead at nothing" Luke SS sculpt

Back