1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I must be in the minority, but I don't mind the HT Endor sculpt at all. The gritted teeth sort of show some sort of effort/exertion swinging the saber. I'd prefer that than the "stare straight ahead at nothing" Luke SS sculpt

When it's tilted down and looking straight at you it looks better (some of the teeth are obscured) - you get the determined vibe. Looking up slightly you get more of the Busey rows of teeth look.

I think I must be in the minority, but I don't mind the HT Endor sculpt at all. The gritted teeth sort of show some sort of effort/exertion swinging the saber. I'd prefer that than the "stare straight ahead at nothing" Luke SS sculpt
See that's what my initial plan was was getting the Endor with the gritted teeth and hoping it came with the wind swept hair piece to swap with the helmet, but the totally dropped the ball on that hair piece.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See that's what my initial plan was was getting the Endor with the gritted teeth and hoping it came with the wind swept hair piece to swap with the helmet, but the totally dropped the ball on that hair piece.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dropped the ball in what way? Is it their wind blown hair not decent to you? Just curious

I’m with you. I dig it and sort of hope they don’t change a thing. Looks like Hamill. Yes it’s scene specific, or moment specific, but so is that brilliant Inigo sculpt.

But on my end the helmet will stay on, the wind hair piece looks kinda like a wig since there’s no hair line.

I’m with you. I dig it and sort of hope they don’t change a thing. Looks like Hamill. Yes it’s scene specific, or moment specific, but so is that brilliant Inigo sculpt.

But on my end the helmet will stay on, the wind hair piece looks kinda like a wig since there’s no hair line.

I’m with you on the sculpt. I’m going to display him on a speeder bike clashing side by side with a Scout Trooper on another speeder. I’ll be trying to recreate that part in the scene when both fronts of the speeders get locked together. The face sculpt is perfect for that particular moment.

I’m with you on the sculpt. I’m going to display him on a speeder bike clashing side by side with a Scout Trooper on another speeder. I’ll be trying to recreate that part in the scene when both fronts of the speeders get locked together. The face sculpt is perfect for that particular moment.

Just saw that exact scene on TV over the weekend and thought of the sculpt. Have my speeder bike coming on Friday and just added the SS poncho today to Luke as a place holder.

luke-ponchi.jpg

Just saw that exact scene on TV over the weekend and thought of the sculpt. Have my speeder bike coming on Friday and just added the SS poncho today to Luke as a place holder.

View attachment 442930

That Poncho looks decent TonTon but I do find the thick stitching a little distracting. Is it as noticeable in hand?

always wanted the speeder bike. i do have enough for it but tied between this or save the money up for jabba. i do have the original jabba and the new one is cool looking tough choice to make.

That Poncho looks decent TonTon but I do find the thick stitching a little distracting. Is it as noticeable in hand?

Couple more shots. I thought the stitching looked a bit questionable in photos but once it was in hand I didn't really think of it until you asked about it.

Few more shots. Really need the helmet for him to at least hold, but didn't want to pony up for the SS helmeted head. Think I'll just ride it out and wait for the Hot Toys deluxe. No wire in the poncho anywhere which makes it hard to look like it has weight to it.

luke-poncho-stormie.jpg
luke-poncho.jpg
luke-poncho-new-01.jpg
luke-poncho-new-02.jpg
luke-poncho-new-03.jpg
luke-poncho-new-04.jpg

I like the poncho on the (smaller framed) HT Luke than on the (larger framed) SSC Luke. It seems like the SSC Luke might benefit from a smaller body - it seems a bit too tall and bit too hefty. On the smaller figure, the poncho looks more flowing and baggy like it should.

I'd say it still isn't quite baggy enough (and I wish the fabric draped a bit better - it seems stiff and not quite drape-y enough in the pics I've seen) but it's certainly better looking there.

And that belt is a little hasbro-ish as someone mentioned. It's possible there's a 1/6 military belt that might be better. Or maybe it just needs a better paint/weathering treatment. It's very clean.

Back