SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0221.jpg

Really happy to pick this one up...:yess:

Color looks great there! :clap

Is everyone now finding their yellow to be too faint?

I have only looked at mine under fairly low-light... and I think it's a combo of the yellow being a bit too close in close in color to the rest of body and the edges of the circle being diffuse.

So if this figure was ordered a few weeks ago,are they shipping him or not,because of the dock issues?

The dock issue was resolved, so all should be shipping out at this time.

Here's a few shots of mine under fairly bright lighting:

battledroida.jpg

battledroidb.jpg

battledroidc.jpg

The weathering is a bit heavy-handed, but still good for the scale. Again, I'd love if the yellow popped a bit more, but a fairly minor issue on an otherwise excellent figure :rock

Can't wait to get one of these, but due to budgetary concerns, it'll have to wait a little longer. I just got the STAP, though, and that thing is awesome! If they had gone with models for the droid army instead of CGI, I imagine the model for the STAP would have looked exactly like what SSC created!

Is it weird that seeing these pics of OOM-9 makes me nostalgic for TPM? I wish that in AOTC, ROTS, and the Clone Wars, the droids had remained more like they were in TPM - robotic, soulless, incapable of creative/higher thought...rather than completely idiotic, obnoxious, and annoying.

I ordered mine a few days ago, and it's coming today. But I live in California, so that may make a difference.

I think some one placed an order for him and the Airborne Trooper in my family as a gift,maybe,I hope so:pray:, eight days ago and there's been no word about it in any of the e-mails.
Yes I'm snooping for my gifts! :naughty
LOL!:rotfl

Well, it's official. I got my OOM-9 yesterday and I can barely tell there's a yellow circle on his chest. Definitely going to paint that circle in better between my next projects.

Still a great little droid figure. The joints seem tighter on this one, and it's nice to have the binocs and mini antenna mount. Really looking forward to grievous now.

Can't wait to get one of these, but due to budgetary concerns, it'll have to wait a little longer. I just got the STAP, though, and that thing is awesome! If they had gone with models for the droid army instead of CGI, I imagine the model for the STAP would have looked exactly like what SSC created!

Is it weird that seeing these pics of OOM-9 makes me nostalgic for TPM? I wish that in AOTC, ROTS, and the Clone Wars, the droids had remained more like they were in TPM - robotic, soulless, incapable of creative/higher thought...rather than completely idiotic, obnoxious, and annoying.

Definitely. Rather than the mouthy sbds that r2 toasts in rots and the whole head swap debacle in aotc

Definitely. Rather than the mouthy sbds that r2 toasts in rots and the whole head swap debacle in aotc

Agreed its just sad. Who in there right mind would give their buyer a special bonus of moronic programming making all the battle droids 2 seconds away from becoming a sick 3 stooges episode at any given moment.

The dock issue was resolved, so all should be shipping out at this time.

Here's a few shots of mine under fairly bright lighting:

battledroida.jpg

battledroidb.jpg

battledroidc.jpg

The weathering is a bit heavy-handed, but still good for the scale. Again, I'd love if the yellow popped a bit more, but a fairly minor issue on an otherwise excellent figure :rock

I looked at my before she wrap it. The yellow is just right. Remember this is a weapon of war. You don't want a Big YELLOW bullseye. On your officer.

Something else I have seen. The 1st set of droids were clean. This one and the stap droid shows war wear.

Well, it's official. I got my OOM-9 yesterday and I can barely tell there's a yellow circle on his chest. Definitely going to paint that circle in better between my next projects.

Still a great little droid figure. The joints seem tighter on this one, and it's nice to have the binocs and mini antenna mount. Really looking forward to grievous now.

Don't forget the words "shoot here"

No offence, but I still hate the under scaled rifle. If anyone decides to hand over their Gentle Giant Battle Droid Rifle to be mold/casted please do... I'd love to see some in SSC Battle Droid hands...

I am actually really hating the droid. I want to just return the damn thing. The yellow is terrible and barely visible along with these droids should be more of a bone color and not this tan light brown. Second the paint job is messed up on the eyes. One eye looks right the other not. Either way I hate looking at it sitting there and it is all because of the paint job. The figure is great and so disappointed that it is ruined by this paint job.

I am actually really hating the droid. I want to just return the damn thing. The yellow is terrible and barely visible along with these droids should be more of a bone color and not this tan light brown. Second the paint job is messed up on the eyes. One eye looks right the other not. Either way I hate looking at it sitting there and it is all because of the paint job. The figure is great and so disappointed that it is ruined by this paint job.

If the paint is off. By all means get a new one. I would, but if its not yellow for you see my post above.

Back