SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I lost out too then. But some people seemed disappointed with this particular yellow droid, so maybe waiting for another is advised.

They haven't even determined the edition size and yet its sold out. Kind of lame. Prices are doubled on eBay already.

I hope that folks that are desperate enough to go to ebay for this droid demand pictures of the actual item before hitting that bid button.

I got this one right after it was released....and back to Sidsehow it went...

2012-12-15204859_zpsfec734b7.jpg

Still waiting for the replacement...which hopefully doesn't have the same lazy eye...here's hoping it wasn't a bad production run...but considering the lack of pictures of this one appearing in here...well, it makes one wonder....

I'll post some shots when the replacement arrives....

I hope that folks that are desperate enough to go to ebay for this droid demand pictures of the actual item before hitting that bid button.

Still waiting for the replacement...which hopefully doesn't have the same lazy eye...here's hoping it wasn't a bad production run...but considering the lack of pictures of this one appearing in here...well, it makes one wonder....

Maybe that's why they took him off the site since they had a lot(all?) of bad droids. It could be they'll put him back up once they have replacements? :dunno :pray:

I picked up this guy as well as the Stap.
I thought the paint on this (both weathering and base texture) pales in comparison to the original battle droid and the Stap version.
It feels a bit cheaper to me. Out of the three the paint job on the Stap droid is far superior to the other two. It has better weathering and a more matte textured base coat. Love em all though.

You do know this is a commander right? What most don't understand is in battle you really don't want a bright yellow sign that said. Yes I am a commander and shoot me!

I can say if it was brighter I would have sent it back and just painted one of my other ones. I'm happy.

I guess I lost out too then. But some people seemed disappointed with this particular yellow droid, so maybe waiting for another is advised.

They haven't even determined the edition size and yet its sold out. Kind of lame. Prices are doubled on eBay already.

I had no idea they where going $140 to $200. I pickup a extra one to command a 2nd unit. Maybe I will sell it?

Looks like it miss the eye. But what about the side of the arm. Is that really painted or just part of the picture? I like it.

Maybe that's why they took him off the site since they had a lot(all?) of bad droids. It could be they'll put him back up once they have replacements? :dunno :pray:

I don't know if that's the case or not...I just wanted to give ebay shoppers a little visual heads-up is all...it's just as possible I ended up with one that just slipped during the detailing.

Sideshow's replacing it...as they always do if there's a problem. I do wonder what the final edition size of this one ended up being.

Did anyone else pick this one up? Got pictures?

I don't know if that's the case or not...I just wanted to give ebay shoppers a little visual heads-up is all...it's just as possible I ended up with one that just slipped during the detailing.

Sideshow's replacing it...as they always do if there's a problem. I do wonder what the final edition size of this one ended up being.

Did anyone else pick this one up? Got pictures?

I have two no problems with them. I posted pictures the day I got it.

Again this is close up with mega flash.
009qyp.jpg

007yov.jpg

Apparently really depends on the lighting, too. I took these photos with no flash, under natural lighting from my window. Now I can understand why the battle droids in the film seem to change color so often.

2YpYy.jpg

The dock issue was resolved, so all should be shipping out at this time.

Here's a few shots of mine under fairly bright lighting:

battledroida.jpg

battledroidb.jpg

battledroidc.jpg

The weathering is a bit heavy-handed, but still good for the scale. Again, I'd love if the yellow popped a bit more, but a fairly minor issue on an otherwise excellent figure :rock

Okay....here are a few posts from around release time from folks and...I probably just ended up with a dud...these shots show it looking pretty good. I'll get some up when my replacement arrives...

Weren't yours the ones with the funny paint apps around the arms? Better go check real quick.

Where'd he go? I was joking.

No, I was the one who posted the funny little box. Before anyone had seen the box. I posted it with 4/8 droids.

It was sold out. I was hoping they would get more in stock but if it's not even listed as being on backorder I'm thinking they made as much as there going to. I had held off getting OOM-9 with the Utapau Airbourne trooper, Boosk and the Snowtrooper coming up and thinking I could get him later. I guess the lesson is if you want to get the upcoming droids...security, pilot etc. you better get them asap. :lecture

Agree..... I didn't move fast enough.:(

Okay....here are a few posts from around release time from folks and...I probably just ended up with a dud...these shots show it looking pretty good. I'll get some up when my replacement arrives...

I'm very happy with the figure... and I actually felt the quality of the figure/body was a bit better than the first 2-pack release. Although the thing holding this one back was the so-so job done on the yellow parts. Had the yellow stood out more and not had a diffuse edge the figure would have been near-perfect.

Got the replacement...his eyes are where they should be...

Here's a couple of quick shots I took at work...

OOM-9_01_zpsef1db19f.jpg

This one articulates and holds it's poses well...

OOM-9_03_zpsbf1e1932.jpg

I like the binocs (and the fact it holds them firmly) and the antennae rig for it's back.

I don't mind the shade of yellow used...it seems more industrial and less toy-like to me...it looks good. Sometimes I wonder with SW figures if some perceptions about how something should look and less about the source and more about how we've seen it rendered in the past, either as other figures or toys. In hand, this figure looks pretty good...

I'll get some more droid-centric shots over the weekend....

Last edited:
I don't mind the shade of yellow used...it seems more industrial and less toy-like to me...it looks good. Sometimes I wonder with SW figures if some perceptions about how something should look and less about the source and more about how we've seen it rendered in the past, either as other figures or toys. In hand, this figure looks pretty good...

I'll get some more droid-centric shots over the weekend....

It's not so much the shade of Yellow, but that it doesn't really stand out well from the base color of the body. I think if either were tweaked a bit the yellow would stand out more. It's not the worst issue in the world, but something that could have been easily remedied.

561px-OOMCommander20questions.jpg

It's not so much the shade of Yellow, but that it doesn't really stand out well from the base color of the body. I think if either were tweaked a bit the yellow would stand out more. It's not the worst issue in the world, but something that could have been easily remedied.

561px-OOMCommander20questions.jpg

Sheesh..that pic you posted shows how wrong the eyes, nose and shape of the head is.. I was very happy with them until now...
:gah::lol

Back