SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly::goodpost: I think the Waxer/Boil pack is one of the best ever at the price, especially if you compare it to the older Utapau box set that needs upgrading and goes for ridiculous prices on aftermarket.

Back on topic, this model is a win with the price they're charging! :yess:

Too bad its a SSC exclusive, otherwise, I'd pick it up at alterego for even less. :( :lol

There's no other unique Battle Droid, right? Beside the color coding of blue and red, after this the Battle Droids are simply color changes?

So maybe Super Battle Droids and Destroyer Droids are next. No color coding on SBD or Destroyers?

Was just thinking it's a shame they didn't design some more intimidating, unique droids that could be displayed in an otherwise OT-only collection. Only droids I like from the PT are the IG-100 MagnaGuards but associate them too much with Grievous.

Just got IG-88 and am conniving on how I can get him some droid compatriots, but just have no interest in battle droids, SBDs, Destroyers, etc. Would be cool if SSC maybe makes a variant on IG-88, though I guess it'd have to come from the EU somewhere.

On topic, have to say I'm impressed that SSC priced OOM-9 so reasonably. Like others, I figured the days of anything being priced at $65.00 were long gone.

Last edited:
On topic, have to say I'm impressed that SSC priced OOM-9 so reasonably. Like others, I figured the days of anything being priced at $65.00 were long gone.

Yep, I was almost postive he was going to land at the 90ish mark and I was gonna pass until I found a cheaper one third party. :clap

There's no other unique Battle Droid, right? Beside the color coding of blue and red, after this the Battle Droids are simply color changes?

So maybe Super Battle Droids and Destroyer Droids are next. No color coding on SBD or Destroyers?

Yeah, its really a shame there can't be variant issues of items. For example, when the BD's came out, why not issue X amount with one paint scheme, X amount with a second paint scheme, etc... If someone wants they can scoop up a variety, Sideshow capitolizes on the amount made and its a win win. Same could be done for airborne troopers coming out. Make them for the 501st as well just by having it painted both ways at the factory and make collectors of other chapters happy. Oh well, just dreaming.:lecture

I think in the Clone Wars there are some funky painted sbd's, but aside from that, I don't think so.

I think someone mentioned that there is an OOM commander droid with an infantry backpack standing by Grievous when Obi-Wan confronts him on Utapau.

Random thoughts on OOM-9 now that the gallery is up...

Appreciate the price for this single unit...
Wished the gallery of shots featured in the PB had a bit more variety in regards to angles and posing. Would've appreciated a rear view to see how the back looks with the antennae attached without the back pack. A couple of "over-the-shoulder" angled shots would've been cool too.

Like the deco...should display real well with the two Infantry Droids...

Still really interested in seeing how OOM-9 is gonna be packaged. It should be one of the lightest boxed figures ever...

Is another "two-pack" of "Geonosis" tinged Droids next? We'll see...

I have enough in rewards points to cover the full cost of this droid. Thanks Sideshow! :) finally, some form of price relief!!

Now that this is a SSC domestic exclusive, I wonder will Simply Toys be carring this?
I might as well get this on-line too.

Now that this is a SSC domestic exclusive, I wonder will Simply Toys be carring this?
I might as well get this on-line too.

Simply Toys should be carrying this. But they haven't even put up Neyo for pre-order yet! :dunno

If you have enough rewards points, now is the time to use those points. Only need to pay the $25 shipping fee.

I think the domestic exclusive usually just means in the US you can only buy from Sideshow... but every other country will be business as usual.

I'm not a fan of domestic exclusives; no bonus piece yet you still have to pay full retail. I'd much prefer a wider release and to save 10% ordering from Alter Ego.

I will definitely get one of these...maybe two. I think anyone expecting to get this figure for less than 80.00 is a little too optimistic. I am guessing 90.00.

If he ends up being 90.00...it will be the first time I was correct about a price.:lol

Well...my record still stands at a perfect "0" in terms of guessing prices for action figures.

But I am delighted to be mistaken on this one.

I don't think they needed to name the figure for a specific BD commander though. This figure does lend itself to justifying multiples.

I may have to build two squads...just because they are awesome and the price for the BDs so far has been reasonable.

:lol

The AOTC blu-ray has a deleted scene spelling that out when some Jedi disable a Control Ship only to find the BD's operating independently of the controls.

They were actually supposed to power off when Plo-Koon and the others destroyed the command ship. It gave the Jedi a false sense of victory for a moment only to have the droids start back up again. From that, it seems the droids still operated on a signal from the control ship, but some kind of back up signal/control was in place to prevent the droids from being stopped like on Naboo.

None of this matters of course, it doesn't justify Lucas making them into bumblers with no sense of threat and even snarky attitudes by ep3. There's no excuse for that whatsoever.

They were actually supposed to power off when Plo-Koon and the others destroyed the command ship. It gave the Jedi a false sense of victory for a moment only to have the droids start back up again. From that, it seems the droids still operated on a signal from the control ship, but some kind of back up signal/control was in place to prevent the droids from being stopped like on Naboo.

None of this matters of course, it doesn't justify Lucas making them into bumblers with no sense of threat and even snarky attitudes by ep3. There's no excuse for that whatsoever.

What?!! Such a scene is in the blu-ray? Got the disc and I didn't know....:google

Back