SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would generally agree with this... but in the past when there has been a 2 pack of figures there is not a discount on them. Boiler and Waxer were $225 when a single clone is $90, Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise was $199 when a single was $90 and the Sidious Palpatine 2 pack was $120 when a standard figure was around $50-$60.

So if anything in the past 2 packs have tended to cost more per figure, so logically it should wash out that single droids will be $60 or less.

Now I know that probably won't happen, but still fun to share observations :lol

Boiler and Waxer had a face and two helmets (or one?) this would have put them at the cost of Rex/Cody at the time they came out. So the $230 with the little blue girl was not all that bad.

I never seen the others your talking about I went right for the PF Sidious but thinking of getting the 1/6.

They will have a hard time getting more then $79.95 right now for just one by itself. As someone just posted its only hours till we find out for sure.

I'd kind of agree that extra heads add a bit of cost... but the basic sculpt for those have been reused and the girl while a nice accessory is at most $30 of that cost which leaves $20 to cover the heads.

Same case with the Stormtroopers; sure you get an extra head with them and the detailed inner helmet; but that again is likely covered by the $20 extra.

In my mind, I can justify maybe $75-$80 max:

Logistical costs and packaging (firm, regardless of single or 2 pack): $20.

So the original 2 pack=$120-$20 = $100 / 2 = $50.

Single pack = $50+20. $70

New accessories $5-10.

Total $75-80.

$64.99... exactly what it should be priced at.

Don't know what on Earth some of you were smoking. :lol

:clap

Well done, Sideshow. I never thought we'd see that low of a price again. It's like 2007 all over again.

I wish they'd taken a picture of the back so we can see how the antennae are attached without the backpack.

Ah, oh well, its wasn't OOM-9 who did that gag anyway.

Oh, my mistake, that was OOM-8 who did the pointing. How silly of me....

sutherland-body-snatcher.jpg

Star Wars Nitpicking Geek!!!

I can swing $65, especially because I held back on the other two. I have no plans of army building these guys.

Boiler and Waxer had a face and two helmets (or one?) this would have put them at the cost of Rex/Cody at the time they came out. So the $230 with the little blue girl was not all that bad.

I never seen the others your talking about I went right for the PF Sidious but thinking of getting the 1/6.

They will have a hard time getting more then $79.95 right now for just one by itself. As someone just posted its only hours till we find out for sure.

:exactly::goodpost: I think the Waxer/Boil pack is one of the best ever at the price, especially if you compare it to the older Utapau box set that needs upgrading and goes for ridiculous prices on aftermarket.

Back on topic, this model is a win with the price they're charging! :yess:

Back